Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2010, 22:06   #16
BHPian
 
KishoreC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

I went through Chevy Lover's travelogue today. Realized that 2 days in Udaypur is not going to be enough.

So the plan is changed and I'm going to make Udaypur as a base. We will probably stay in Udaipur for 4-5 days. We will try seeing Udaipur fully and also Chittaur and Ajmer from there.

On the way back we will spend one day in Mount abu, same as what CL did. We will come straight back from Mt. Abu to Bombay and back to Bangalore the next day.

Total plan is for 10 days.

Got the vehicle serviced yesterday. Some final preparation is pending which will be done within this week.
KishoreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 22:15   #17
BHPian
 
KishoreC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

I read in couple of blogs that a yellow sticker thing is needed to be put on the right head light of the car, while entering Gujrat. They seem to check it on the border.

Where do I get this yellow sticker in Bangalore?
Any idea guys ?
KishoreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 22:43   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Any simple 1/2" wide yellow tape would do the job. It has to be sticked vertically on the RHS Headlamp on its right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post
I read in couple of blogs that a yellow sticker thing is needed to be put on the right head light of the car, while entering Gujrat. They seem to check it on the border.

Where do I get this yellow sticker in Bangalore?
Any idea guys ?
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 00:17   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Chevy_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Köln
Posts: 1,209
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>
Normally Mt. Abu is not cold, even in winter. It is not exactly a hill station, especially if you compare it with the ones in Uttarakhand/Himachal/Sikkim.
However, this year the winter will likely be colder.

Expect temperatures in Abu to fall to the 0-5 degree level, for the minimum. So if you have not experienced those kind of temperature levels, it does make sense to be well prepared.

Regards, drive safe, enjoy the winter
Hi Issigonis, we have been to almost all famous hill stations in India. But we felt that the coldest place was Mount Abu. The temperature was - 1 and - 2 when we were there. The wind chill factor was extreme. Even Nainital or Manali or Thimpu wasn't that cold.

So my advice is to carry lots of thermals and woollens.

@Kishore, let me know if you are not able to get the yellow tape. I can send it to you. Good idea to make Udaipur your base. It is a fantastic place. We had such a wonderful time there. The weather is simply awesome now.
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 09:18   #20
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,212 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post
I read in couple of blogs that a yellow sticker thing is needed to be put on the right head light of the car, while entering Gujrat. They seem to check it on the border.
I didn't paste the vertical yellow sticker on the right side headlamp of my Fiat Linea. I drove through Gujarat from Mumbai to Ahmedabad to Jaipur and back. I stayed a day each in Ginger, Ahmedabad and Ginger, Surat. During my stay at Ahmedabad, I had a half-day city sight-seeing trip including Sabarmati Ashram and Law Gardens. I didn't face any problem anywhere. Perhaps, I and my Linea were lucky.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th December 2010 at 09:28.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 11:49   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,615
Thanked: 1,721 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post
So the plan is changed and I'm going to make Udaypur as a base. We will probably stay in Udaipur for 4-5 days. We will try seeing Udaipur fully and also Chittaur and Ajmer from there.

On the way back we will spend one day in Mount abu, same as what CL did. We will come straight back from Mt. Abu to Bombay and back to Bangalore the next day.
UDP to Ajmer and back is a bad idea.Its quite a long drive and plus Ajmer would take up quite a bit of time.

IMO spending a night in Abu and then again driving all the way to Mumbai and then to BLR all in the space of 3 nights is going to be taxing.

Dont bother too much of the yellow sticker thing with GJ cops,they are a relaxed lot now a days and hardly insist on it on out-of-state vehicles.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 16th December 2010 at 11:50.
ranjitp1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 18:34   #22
BHPian
 
viper_711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 346
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post

On the way back we will spend one day in Mount abu, same as what CL did. We will come straight back from Mt. Abu to Bombay and back to Bangalore the next day.
Kishore, my suggestion would be take a day out of Udaipur and add it to Mt. Abu. Delwara temples, trevor tank, Gurushikhar and the lake side are the areas that are a must see if you are going the first time - All these cannot be done in a day. Finally its your call!
viper_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:01   #23
BHPian
 
KishoreC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Preperation is complete. It was a bit of trouble to get accomodations in Udaipur and Mount Abu. It seems most of the hotels are sold out during the X mas week.

Vehicle is serviced and water, cold drinks and dry food items have been stocked. Detail plan with maps have been put together. Checklist prepared and validated against.

Only thing left is to get started.

Wish me luck.
KishoreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:49   #24
BHPian
 
KishoreC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

It's the day before the trip and I am super excited as well as super nervous.
As most of you guys suggested, the initial plan was very hectic, so we have cut down on places and made movements lesser. In the final plan we will stay in Udaipur from 25th night to 30th morning and in Mount Abu on 30th and 31st.

We have kept 2 days for to and fro commute between Bangalore and Udaipur. This is the part what I am nervous on. I am a steady driver and rarely go beyond 100-110 KMPH speed. I am not too sure if I will be able to make it to Mumbai on Day 1. To mitigate that risk, we will try to start as early as possible keeping as much time possible to reach Mumbai.

Day 2 will be hectic as well, so plan is to catch a good amount of sleep at Mumbai and start as early as possible, event in night.

Day 1 : Bangalore - Mumbai
Day 2 : Mumbai - Udaipur
Day 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 - Udaipur ( with couple of day trips to Chittaur etc)
Day 7 & 8 - Mount Abu
Day 9 - Mount Abu to Mumbai
Day 10 - Mumbai to Bangalore

This is going to be the biggest trip I have undertaken in India.
Wish me luck.
Kishore.
KishoreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:28   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Good luck kishore.
Dont miss Kumbalgarh fort. It is indias great wall
madhukar_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 10:40   #26
BHPian
 
Topolino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 244
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post
It's the day before the trip and I am super excited as well as super nervous.
As most of you guys suggested, the initial plan was very hectic, so we have cut down on places and made movements lesser. In the final plan we will stay in Udaipur from 25th night to 30th morning and in Mount Abu on 30th and 31st.

We have kept 2 days for to and fro commute between Bangalore and Udaipur. This is the part what I am nervous on. I am a steady driver and rarely go beyond 100-110 KMPH speed. I am not too sure if I will be able to make it to Mumbai on Day 1. To mitigate that risk, we will try to start as early as possible keeping as much time possible to reach Mumbai.

Day 2 will be hectic as well, so plan is to catch a good amount of sleep at Mumbai and start as early as possible, event in night.

Day 1 : Bangalore - Mumbai
Day 2 : Mumbai - Udaipur
Day 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 - Udaipur ( with couple of day trips to Chittaur etc)
Day 7 & 8 - Mount Abu
Day 9 - Mount Abu to Mumbai
Day 10 - Mumbai to Bangalore

This is going to be the biggest trip I have undertaken in India.
Wish me luck.
Kishore.
KishoreC, Welcome to Udaipur. I have seen a Silver Fabia today with a fluroscent green sticker on the front bumper (may be its you) but I was on the other side of the lane so couldn't follow. Please pm me if you have reached Udaipur.
Topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:41   #27
BHPian
 
KishoreC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Udaipur - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer - Info requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
KishoreC, Welcome to Udaipur. I have seen a Silver Fabia today with a fluroscent green sticker on the front bumper (may be its you) but I was on the other side of the lane so couldn't follow. Please pm me if you have reached Udaipur.
I was in Udaipur from 25th afternoon till 30th morning, but I have a Live to Drive yellow sticker on my rear bumper on the left. Anyway, it would have been really nice to meet a fellow BHPian during the trip.

Guys,
I am back from a 10 day hectic trip. We saw Udaipur, Chittaurgarh, Kumbalgarh and Mount Abu. It was biggest driving trip taken by me till date.

Thanks all of you for providing information and suggestions, it helped a lot.

Special thanks to chevylover whose travelogue had helped me to plan the trip and carry it out.

I will put in all the details in of the trip in a log soon.
KishoreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Trip Pune-Mt. Abu-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer-Udaipur-Chittor amitkavi Travelogues 8 28th June 2011 14:47
The Royal Trip: 15 Days: NaviMumbai-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer and back longford Travelogues 9 26th December 2009 12:54
Rajashtan by Road : Jaipur-Ajmer-Pushkar-Jaisalmer-Sam-Jodhpur-Chittorgarh-Udaipur omar1310 Travelogues 5 5th December 2007 00:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks