Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th September 2016, 12:25   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Current road condition from Madurai to Kumily/ Thekkady?

End of September, plan to drive to Thekkady (Club Mahindra) from coimbatore. The route (shortest) shown by Google maps is Coimbatore - Palladam - Dharapuram - Oddanchatram-Chinnalapatti-Periyakulam-Theni-Cumbum-Kumily - Thekkady. I have been on this stretch till Cumbum in one of my trips to Munnar. 1) How is the road after Cumbum till Thekkady? 2) Are there hill/ghat sections between Cumbum and Thekkady? and 3) End of September, will it be still raining in this area in Kerala? Much appreciate all answers and any suggestions for places to visit around Thekkady and enroute, Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 16:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
End of September, plan to drive to Thekkady (Club Mahindra) from coimbatore. The route (shortest) shown by Google maps is Coimbatore - Palladam - Dharapuram - Oddanchatram-Chinnalapatti-Periyakulam-Theni-Cumbum-Kumily - Thekkady. I have been on this stretch till Cumbum in one of my trips to Munnar. 1) How is the road after Cumbum till Thekkady? 2) Are there hill/ghat sections between Cumbum and Thekkady?

Beyond Cumbum ghat sections are not steep towards Thekkady however be careful on the blind curves. The ghat section is not much compared to other hill stations. Unsure of the road conditions as I did Thekkady Pollachi in 2014.
couswheels is offline   Reply With Quote