Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 19:56   #16
BHPian
 
Renjith_Mani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 90
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Kannur - Mangalore - Goa by road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I would not recommend taking NH 17 route due to following reasons -
- Though road surface is good, traffic is a pain in Thrissur - Kannur section.
- Road condition from KA border till Mangalore is bad.
- Again, heavy traffic once you enter Goa.

However if you are planning of NH 17, I guess it is best to start early morning (~3AM) or better still late night.

Bangalore - Baga takes around 11 hours including breaks. Cochin - Bangalore is around 9 hours.
We are planning to drive through this route during late September 2015 as part of our all India road trip. Do you think its a realistic target to reach Panjim from Cochin in a day? We will start from Cochin by 4 AM and each car will have 2 drivers each.

Also can you please tell us how much of this route is 4 lane?
Renjith_Mani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2015, 20:41   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,456
Thanked: 2,633 Times
Default Re: Kannur - Mangalore - Goa by road

Considering you plan to take Cochin - Coimbatore- Salem - Bangalore NICE road - Tumkur - Dharward bye pass to Panajim. Your approximate time will be

Cochin - Coimbatore ~3.30 hours with an early morning start.
Coimbatore- NICE road ~5.30 hours.
NICE road - Panajim ~ 10 hours.

Above mentioned timings are considering you are driving without much breaks and cruising ~ 100 KMPH all way. With this you can see that it takes around 19 hours drive from Cochin.

Regarding your second question till Hubli - Dharward bye pass it's all 4/ 6 lanes apart from certain small sections. From Dharward bye pass there are three routes to Goa, all of which are two lane roads. You can find details of the same on Bangalore-Goa thread.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2015, 20:56   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 102
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Kannur - Mangalore - Goa by road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjith_Mani View Post
We are planning to drive through this route during late September 2015 as part of our all India road trip. Do you think its a realistic target to reach Panjim from Cochin in a day? We will start from Cochin by 4 AM and each car will have 2 drivers each.

Also can you please tell us how much of this route is 4 lane?
Since you are heading to Mumbai and further, the best route would be Kochi-Bangalore-Hubli-Mumbai. Most of the route is 4 lane and will give you stress free driving experience. You can easily target Davanegere for Day 1 and Mumbai for Day 2.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 12:15   #19
BHPian
 
Renjith_Mani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 90
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Kannur - Mangalore - Goa by road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Considering you plan to take Cochin - Coimbatore- Salem - Bangalore NICE road - Tumkur - Dharward bye pass to Panajim. Your approximate time will be

Cochin - Coimbatore ~3.30 hours with an early morning start.
Coimbatore- NICE road ~5.30 hours.
NICE road - Panajim ~ 10 hours.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Since you are heading to Mumbai and further, the best route would be Kochi - Bangalore - Hubli-Mumbai. Most of the route is 4 lane and will give you stress free driving experience. You can easily target Davanegere for Day 1 and Mumbai for Day 2.
Our initial plan was to do Kochi - Mumbai in 3 days
Kochi - Mangalore, Mangalore - Panjim, and Panjim - Mumbai

After reading the above two posts we have revised it to
Kochi- Davengere
Davengere - Kalyan/Thane

Thanks guys.
Renjith
Renjith_Mani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 11:48   #20
BHPian
 
maxaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Kannur - Mangalore - Goa by road

Hey Renjith. How did the trip go?

We are planning on a Mahe-Mangalore-Gokarna-Goa trip in Jan. Any recommendations/tips are welcome!
maxaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 12:46   #21
BHPian
 
vrprabhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 823
Thanked: 311 Times
Default Re: Kannur - Mangalore - Goa by road

Look into this thread (Mumbai to Kerala : Route Queries) -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3834667 (Mumbai to Kerala : Route Queries)
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 17:05   #22
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 21,270
Thanked: 11,492 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Kerala : Route Queries

How is the road between Kundapur-Goa this monsoon?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 17:09   #23
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa/Bangalore
Posts: 626
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Kerala : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How is the road between Kundapur-Goa this monsoon?
Waiting for someone to answer this. Or else I'll volunteer to be the ginipig and find out this Saturday. Planning to drive along NH17 starting from Goa
akshay380 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2016, 20:33   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bombay/Belgaum
Posts: 166
Thanked: 332 Times
Default Re: Mumbai to Kerala : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How is the road between Kundapur-Goa this monsoon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Waiting for someone to answer this. Or else I'll volunteer to be the ginipig and find out this Saturday. Planning to drive along NH17 starting from Goa
This update comes just in time for you. The answer is here --

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4011568 (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)
vivek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chennai to Goa - Via Mangalore on the Coastal Road Prowler Route / Travel Queries 46 7th April 2014 18:14
Two Days in Heaven - Mangalore - Kasaragod Kannur Calicut Vythiri dezrskb Travelogues 3 22nd October 2011 08:58
To Madikeri - from Mangalore / Kannur or Kasargod? BaCkSeAtDrIVeR Route / Travel Queries 15 13th December 2010 13:33
Road trip -Bangalore, Mysore, Sidhapura, Coorg, Chikmagalur, Shimoga, Mangalore & Goa Surhea Route / Travel Queries 2 11th November 2009 13:58
Mumbai-Mangalore-Bangalore-Mangalore-Mumbai trip sumitdongerkery Travelogues 4 17th October 2006 14:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks