Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd February 2012, 10:07   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
It is always advisable to put yellow strip when travelling in Gujarat. We have travelled via himmatnagar - mountabu , Around Ambaji and Mountabu there are couple of police checkpost which are know to be troublesome. The specifically target outside registration. So why take chance.
Completely agree with you. Last year I drove first in March and then again in October in 2 different cars and on both occasions I was never stopped (there were no cops to do that in the first place) but having said that I won't say my cars glided without a fuss as I was plain lucky. I always wanted to stick the yellow strip but didn't manage the first time. However, when I drove for the second time, I ensured that I at least pasted yellow insulation tape on the RHS headlight. Its no harm doing that and takes less than a minute to paste it (and remove it once you are back).
Get a yellow tape from an electrical shop, paste it and just drive tension-free.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:36   #47
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Pune - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jaipur - Mt. Abu - Mumbai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Completely agree with you. Last year I drove first in March and then again in October in 2 different cars and on both occasions I was never stopped (there were no cops to do that in the first place) but having said that I won't say my cars glided without a fuss as I was plain lucky. I always wanted to stick the yellow strip but didn't manage the first time. However, when I drove for the second time, I ensured that I at least pasted yellow insulation tape on the RHS headlight. Its no harm doing that and takes less than a minute to paste it (and remove it once you are back).
Get a yellow tape from an electrical shop, paste it and just drive tension-free.
IMO if you are just passing through major highway like NH8, then i feel there is no requirement of yellow strip but if its a longer trip in Gujarat then its all ways better to play safe. As you said all it takes is a yellow insulation tape and 2 min job and be tension free for the whole trip.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:55   #48
BHPian

Default re: Pune - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jaipur - Mt. Abu - Mumbai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Quote:
IMO if you are just passing through major highway like NH8, then i feel there is no requirement of yellow strip but if its a longer trip in Gujarat then its all ways better to play safe. As you said all it takes is a yellow insulation tape and 2 min job and be tension free for the whole trip.
Quote:
It is always advisable to put yellow strip when travelling in Gujarat. We have travelled via himmatnagar - mountabu , Around Ambaji and Mountabu there are couple of police checkpost which are know to be troublesome. The specifically target outside registration. So why take chance.
That right guys. Why take chances? Prevention is better than cure, anyways.

If I have rightly understood, the tape needs to be pasted vertically only on the right hand side headlamp and not horizontally at the top like we used to paste a black stip years ago.

But how to do this in Vista. The head lamps are curvy and swept. Please help me understand how to do this.

I have attached two option I could think of :

Option 1:

Name:  225465_166820243378636_100001519837053_392394_3946653_n.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  23.8 KB

Option 2:

Name:  225465_166820243378636_100001519837053_392394_3946653_n_L.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  23.7 KB
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:50   #49
v&v
Senior - BHPian

@aniket, it more like option 2, but straighter ie the line should end at "B" . Bottom line , there should be a yellow sticker.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 04:06   #50
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Its 4 AM and I will be starting my trip in another 30 Mins.

As I mentioned in my previous posts in this thread, my parents would be joining us from Ahmadabad. I will have to pick them from the railway station on 6th Morning at about 7AM-8AM.

Please suggest some good place to stay near Ahmadabad railway station with easy exit to highway to continue our journey to Mount Abu.

I would prefer a reasonable hotel and not too costly as it will just be a night halt and I will be continuing my journey to Mount Abu tomorrow morning.

Please suggest some options accordingly.

Thanks in advance
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 08:19   #51
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27
Hello everyone,

Its 4 AM and I will be starting my trip in another 30 Mins.

As I mentioned in my previous posts in this thread, my parents would be joining us from Ahmadabad. I will have to pick them from the railway station on 6th Morning at about 7AM-8AM.

Please suggest some good place to stay near Ahmadabad railway station with easy exit to highway to continue our journey to Mount Abu.

I would prefer a reasonable hotel and not too costly as it will just be a night halt and I will be continuing my journey to Mount Abu tomorrow morning.

Please suggest some options accordingly.

Thanks in advance
Aniket, we stayed at Surya palace, which is just after chiloda circle on NH8. Good hotel with safe parking.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 01:24   #52
BHPian

Hi everybody
In august a cop caught me in Sarkej(Ahmedabad).Asked me to pay a fine as well as get the head lamp covered by a yellow tape which would have taken some time.
He allowed me to go without any hassle when I told him that I wanted to reach himmatnagar before sunset as I found driving after dusk very difficult.(I am 67 + and wear spectacles)
Some cops are definitely understanding.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 19:34   #53
BHPian

i am planning a trip to Delhi in the middle of March from Pune, via Ahmedabad. pune ahmedabad, i will be doing for the first time though i have done pune mumbai and mumbai ahmedabad many times. any new inputs on the route to be taken for bypassing mumbai so that least time is wasted
deepakkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 22:48   #54
BHPian

Hello Folks!

My friend and his partner want to spend some quality time together. They would be starting from A'bad and have zeroed in on Mount Abu. They are not really comfortable with Udaipur and want to be in a hotel which is away from the madness and the typical tourist crowd.

At the same time, they want a very comfortable hotel. Budget isn't really an issue. Could you please suggest a place where a couple can spend time together without having to deal with kids screaming their lungs out in the corridors.
AbhishekB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 02:01   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86
Hello Folks!

My friend and his partner want to spend some quality time together. They would be starting from A'bad and have zeroed in on Mount Abu. They are not really comfortable with Udaipur and want to be in a hotel which is away from the madness and the typical tourist crowd.

At the same time, they want a very comfortable hotel. Budget isn't really an issue. Could you please suggest a place where a couple can spend time together without having to deal with kids screaming their lungs out in the corridors.
There are some nice ones out there in Abu: Hotel Hillock, Cama Rajputana Club resort. There is one more good one, but can't remember right now.

I advice your friend to check out Fort Fatehgarh, Udaipur since he wants to spend quality time with his partner. It's approx. 7 kms away from Udaipur city and really nice and quiet place. I have stayed here couple of times before and assure you, he will love it. You can check their reviews on trip advisor.

Let me know if he needs more suggestions.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 06:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks!

Quality time and in Mount Abu-wrong combo.Udaipur is the best bet if its quiet times.Mount Abu firstly does not have any great places to stay Imo.Udaipur has lots of places away from the maddening crowds
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 07:28   #57
BHPian

Who else to the rescue but the Ranjit?

Exactly my point. I read that Mt Abu does not exactly have the best places to stay but I guess they've made up their mind. I guess if they go to Udaipur, they can get some pretty good deals considering its off season. Would you please suggest some place in Udaipur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Quality time and in Mount Abu-wrong combo.Udaipur is the best bet if its quiet times.Mount Abu firstly does not have any great places to stay Imo.Udaipur has lots of places away from the maddening crowds
Old 11th July 2012, 07:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess if they go to Udaipur, they can get some pretty good deals considering its off season. Would you please suggest some place in Udaipur?
You would know better,nevertheless the leela is the best,followed closely by udaivilas.Sheraton is so so-yet to prove itself.It was the radisson for a brief bit.Also Trident ,small rooms but then for quality time smaller the room the better I guess(cheezy!)

I would suggest The Mountain Ridge and opt for the Monsoon palace suite at MR.Amazing place and away from the town.Run by a lovely group of people,i did hear that they are selling off the property so not sure of present status but its a one of its kind place.Second reccomendation would be Devra also away from the town.Check their websites and you would have a fair bit of idea.Yes downright off season un Udaipur,rooms are going at about 3k to 4k a night all inclsive.Leela ofcourse is still around 30k for three nights!Whatever happens dont even bother looking at te HRH group of palace hotels-sad is the word.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 11th July 2012 at 07:52.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 09:18   #59
BHPian

Hi Nitrous Power,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. They are considering Hillock and Hilltone. Would Hillock be a family packed hotel?

I'll tell them to check out Cama Rajputana.

Fatehgarh sounds intertesting and since you're vouching for it Im sure it must be very good. I guess due to off season they will have a good time here.

Infact they do need more suggestions of quite places where they can walk around enjoy nature and be in each others' company without the place being filled to the brim

This was really helpful. Thank you. I shall trouble you more if they can't decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power

There are some nice ones out there in Abu: Hotel Hillock, Cama Rajputana Club resort. There is one more good one, but can't remember right now.

I advice your friend to check out Fort Fatehgarh, Udaipur since he wants to spend quality time with his partner. It's approx. 7 kms away from Udaipur city and really nice and quiet place. I have stayed here couple of times before and assure you, he will love it. You can check their reviews on trip advisor.

Let me know if he needs more suggestions.
Old 11th July 2012, 09:28   #60
BHPian

Hey Ranjit,

You have all the knowledge for Hotel review websites to pester you for.

This is amazing thank you so much. I knew about Leela Trident etc but then places like Mountain Ridge and Devra I did not and that is exactly why I asked for your guidance. Thank you. I shall now let them decide where they want to put up. Nothing like first hand reviews from experienced travelers like yourself.

MR sounds good. I'll push them for it.
HRH is useless everywhere. Im sure you'll agree rooms don't make a hotel if staff seem like they're doing you a favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1
You would know better,nevertheless the leela is the best,followed closely by udaivilas.Sheraton is so so-yet to prove itself.It was the radisson for a brief bit.Also Trident ,small rooms but then for quality time smaller the room the better I guess(cheezy!)

I would suggest The Mountain Ridge and opt for the Monsoon palace suite at MR.Amazing place and away from the town.Run by a lovely group of people,i did hear that they are selling off the property so not sure of present status but its a one of its kind place.Second reccomendation would be Devra also away from the town.Check their websites and you would have a fair bit of idea.Yes downright off season un Udaipur,rooms are going at about 3k to 4k a night all inclsive.Leela ofcourse is still around 30k for three nights!Whatever happens dont even bother looking at te HRH group of palace hotels-sad is the word.