Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th May 2012, 23:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad-Salem:Diversion Landmark?

A tiny village called Bagalur (12 kms from hosur, enroute to malur) is cutoff due to a bridge rework for last 1 year!!! Please avoid malur-hosur. Locals like me know how to proceed to berigai (another village) and join krishnagiri NH7 - but not for newbies. Work out a different option please.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 23:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Bumping up this old thread for latest updates on bypassing Bangalore.

I might be doing a trip to Cochin next month from Hyderabad. Assuming I reach Devanahalli around 1 to 2 pm, would it be wise to take the detour mentioned above, or instead go via Bangalore City? Is the distance to Hosur the same via either option?

In either case, detailed landmarks and latest road updatses would be of great help. I assume the flyover on the detour would have been completed by now.

Thanks in advance.

The following road condition is in excellent condition. There is a bit of traffic between whitefield railway station and varthur but driving conditions are much better than going through the city.

1.Leave NH7 and enter Devanhalli town.
Turn off from Devanahalli – Land mark Devanhalli bus stand on right – turn left on to NH207.. In case of doubt ask for budhigere road. 13 14 43.16N 77 42 45.77E
2.After 4 km turn right from NH 207 – land mark Huge sign across the road on the right (white letters on green back ground ) indicating direction to whitefield. You will also find a small triangular island on the road to the right. Both the sign and the island are hardly visible from NH 207 due trees and you will spot them only on reaching the turnoff point. Ask for budhigere road in case of doubt. 13 13 21.50N 77 44 27.52E
3.After 23 km turn left onto NH4 – Land mark Fly over on NH4.
13 02 46.82N 77 45 00.98E
4.After 1.4 Km turn right at next fly –Landmark next flyover
13 03 12.27N 77 45 42.67 E
5.Cross golden blossom apartment on the right and continue straight cross the flyover near the whitefield railway station
12 59 47.92N 77 45 30.35 E.
6.Continue straight till you find Forum Value Mall on the left. After the Mall take second left near a small circle on the road. Ask for Varthur road. Landmark – After left turn you will find yourself on the bundh of a huge lake on your right. 12 57 25.74N 77 44 43.95E
7.Continue till you reach a crossing with a Petrol Bunk diagonally across the road to the left. You have reached Bangalore Sarjapur road, turn left. 12 52 59.56N 77 45 08.40E.
8.Continue till you reach another cross road at Sarjapur. Land mark is police station to the right. Turn Right at the junction, Ask for Hosur Road or Attibele. 12 51 39.17N 77 47 00.83E.
9.Continue till you reach Attibele on NH7 . Turn left for Hosur. 12 46 44.07N 77 46 12.15E
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 06:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi

I might be doing a trip to Cochin next month from Hyderabad. Assuming I reach Devanahalli around 1 to 2 pm, would it be wise to take the detour mentioned above, or instead go via Bangalore City? Is the distance to Hosur the same via either option?

In either case, detailed landmarks and latest road updatses would be of great help. I assume the flyover on the detour would have been completed by now.

Thanks in advance.
I did the hosakote route,the BiAL route and tge regular Hebbal route after havibg reached blr around 12pm &I dont see any great saving going via the Hoskote and BIAL roads especially now since the flyovers at HEnnur and Kalyan nagar are all open on the ORR.I usually stick to the Hebbal-ORR-KR Puram-Sarjapur Road-Silk board junction-BETL elevated road-Electronics city-Hosur.It should take you around 90 to 120mins to reach Hosur from Hebbal.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 07:47   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

How about Hyderabad - Anantapur - Madanapalle - Krishnagiri-Salem route? I think all the buses from hyderabad towards south takes this route. Has anyone tried this route? How about the road conditions?
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 09:55   #20
BHPian

I regularly travel the route given by adnaps.It is quite convenient to bypass Banglore.
In case of doubt in the roads ask for directions to Budigere-Whitefield-Varthur-Sarjapur-
Attibele.It takes about 1.30hrs from Devanahalli-Attibele.
The roads are good throughout except for some huge speed breakers from Sarjapur-Attibele.

Last edited by gajadonga : 14th May 2012 at 09:56.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 10:41   #21
Team-BHP Support

All details here on Bangalore bypass, which I compiled sometime back (with inputs from others)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html (On Bypassing Bangalore)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 11:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I did the hosakote route,the BiAL route and tge regular Hebbal route after havibg reached blr around 12pm &I dont see any great saving going via the Hoskote and BIAL roads especially now since the flyovers at HEnnur and Kalyan nagar are all open on the ORR.I usually stick to the Hebbal-ORR-KR Puram-Sarjapur Road-Silk board junction-BETL elevated road-Electronics city-Hosur.It should take you around 90 to 120mins to reach Hosur from Hebbal.
My obervation on the ORR hebbal route is as follows :

1. Devanhalli to Hebbal route is quite slow due to numerous traffic lights and contruuction of flyovers.
2. Hebbal to Marathalli on the ORR is quite fast accept for the KR puram junction.
3. The ORR strech from Marathalli to Iblur/Sarjapur junction is painfully slow due to construction of flyovers and congestions.
4. As compared to 90 min from Hebbal - Hosur , the BIAL route via budhigere will take 90 minutes from Devanhalli to Hosur.
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 12:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
My obervation on the ORR hebbal route is as follows :

1. Devanhalli to Hebbal route is quite slow due to numerous traffic lights and contruuction of flyovers.
2. Hebbal to Marathalli on the ORR is quite fast accept for the KR puram junction.
3. The ORR strech from Marathalli to Iblur/Sarjapur junction is painfully slow due to construction of flyovers and congestions.
4. As compared to 90 min from Hebbal - Hosur , the BIAL route via budhigere will take 90 minutes from Devanhalli to Hosur.
Thanks,is this the route you suggest?

Devanahalli, Karnataka to Hosur, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 13:59   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks,is this the route you suggest?
Added one more point:

BIAL to Hosur

This is the standard route which every one (hopefully) takes. This is also the route which most cabs take to reach BIAL from Whitefield.
Old 14th May 2012, 17:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure whether deviating from the "normal" route is worth during noon time. It took just below 75 minutes for me to drive from UAS (between Hebbal and Yelahanka) to E-City a few days back during noon-time. Roughly, this is the break-up: UAS to RajBhavan/Chinnasamy Stadium took about 20 minutes. From Chinnasamy Stadium signal(Kasturba Road/MG Road border points), go straight taking Lavelle Road, Madras Bank Road & St. Marks Road to join Residency Road at Cash Pharmacy junction. Then, take left and then just before the 2nd signal (Brigade Road), get onto the service(free-right turn) road onto the southern(lesser popular) part of Brigade Road. This would take close to 20 minutes even if it is a lengthy reading. From then on, just cross Richmond Road at the 2nd signal (Vellara junction) and continue dead-straight on what now becomes Hosur Road out of the city. It took about 30 minutes from Brigade Road to reach E-City office thanks to the 6-lane divided road from Adugodi junction(just after Bannerghatta Road starts forking to your right) and the not-so-old Madiwala underpass. If you take elevated road to go further south to Hosur, I believe from Yelahanka/Hebbal to Hosur can be done in about 90 minutes drive. The ORR (Outer Ring Road) from Marathahalli to Agara is pure hell these days because of umpteen-flyover-construction-everywhere and water-logging due to daily evening heavy rains. And I am not very sure of NH-207 route to comment on the same and its advantages over cutting through city on non-peak hours
ajithbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 18:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Thanks in advance.
Outer ring road between Hebbal and K.R.Puram are operational and all flyovers complete except one. In K. R. Puram you will find some traffic beyond that again you will find Outer Ring Road between K. R. Puram and Silk Board. Between these two junctions also flyovers are complete almost. From Silkboard, you will get elevated flyover which will take past you till Attibele.

I suggest do not cross these roads after 4PM during weekdays. 12- 3 PM would be ideal time.

High level land marks & way would be:

1. BIAL - Hebbal straight road - 25 Kms appx
2. Take extreme left from Hebbal flyover towards Kolar, Whitefield, Hosur.
3. Straight come till K.R.Puram.
4. Once you reach K. R. Puram after coming down from ORR flyover, do not climb on next flyover (KR Puram, Old Madras Road, Hanging Flyover <hanging from wires --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Garden-City-Skyway-Bridge-KRPuram.jpg>).
5. Take extreme left exit towards Hosur from this flyover (Signages are there).
6. Once you cross the flyover underbridge, there is KR Puram station towards left and go straight 100 meters from this place and you will find one more flyover.
7. Climb on it and go straight till Silk board.
8. Take left from Silk board and continue straight to Hosur. You will get elevated toll road after 1 - 1.5 Kms from SilkBoard. That is fast and quickly you will reach Hosur.

Last edited by anujmishra : 14th May 2012 at 18:34.
anujmishra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 18:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Outer ring road between Hebbal and K.R.Puram are operational and all flyovers complete except one. In K. R. Puram you will find some traffic beyond that again you will find Outer Ring Road between K. R. Puram and Silk Board. Between these two junctions also flyovers are complete almost. From Silkboard, you will get elevated flyover which will take past you till Attibele.

I suggest do not cross these roads after 4PM during weekdays. 12- 3 PM would be ideal time.

High level land marks & way would be:

1. BIAL - Hebbal straight road - 25 Kms appx
2. Take extreme left from Hebbal flyover towards Kolar, Whitefield, Hosur.
3. Straight come till K.R.Puram.
4. Once you reach K. R. Puram after coming down from ORR flyover, do not climb on next flyover (KR Puram, Old Madras Road, Hanging Flyover <hanging from wires --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Garden-City-Skyway-Bridge-KRPuram.jpg>).
5. Take extreme left exit towards Hosur from this flyover (Signages are there).
6. Once you cross the flyover underbridge, there is KR Puram station towards left and go straight 100 meters from this place and you will find one more flyover.
7. Climb on it and go straight till Silk board.
8. Take left from Silk board and continue straight to Hosur. You will get elevated toll road after 1 - 1.5 Kms from SilkBoard. That is fast and quickly you will reach Hosur.
Last week, it took about 90 minutes from Agara (HSR Layout signal) to Marathahalli on the ORR. I think you should consider yourself lucky if you can do this stretch in less than an hour anytime these days.

So, combining the advantages of ORR (this post and ranjit's earlier) and that of NH-207 (of ampere), this is what I suggested someone a few days back to cross Bangalore when driving from BIAL to Hosur which worked fine as well :- Take ORR from Hebbal and cross K.R. Puram to move towards Marathahalli (same upto step 7 above). DO NOT take ORR beyond Marathahalli but instead take the WhiteField exit (left service road just before the ORR become underpass under HAL->Marathahalli->Varathur road). Once out of ORR, take the HAL->Marathahalli->Varathur till the next major T-junction or Y-junction depending on how you look at it (Varathur lake will be on your right here !) . Then, follow Ampere's route through Varathur->Dommasandra->Sarjapura->Attibelle to proceed towards Hosur. One advantage of this route is that if you are crossing Bangalore during lunch-time, you have some good options for a lunch-break.
ajithbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 19:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. I'm overwhelmed by your responses. Looks like I'll seek an update a few days before I commence my journey to get the latest picture.

@agjibr's route looks the best to me, but I am not very acquainted with Bangalore, so I need to look up Google maps to identify the landmarks suggested. I do remember the horrendous traffic in the city though.

Thanks once again.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 19:54   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
A tiny village called Bagalur (12 kms from hosur, enroute to malur) is cutoff due to a bridge rework for last 1 year!!!
Where exactly is this Bagalur ? is it the same one a little south of Chikka Tirupathi ?

Btw, can one go from Malur directly to NH7 - reaching the NH7 almost in the middle of the Hosur - Krishnagiri sector ?

(see route marked in green)
Hyderabad-Salem:Diversion Landmark?-malurnh7.jpg

The roads in the country side would typically be 2 lane, un-divided ones but you can manage easy 60. This will be better than driving through traffic, thru Hosur & beyond.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 19:57   #30
Team-BHP Support

@ajit,

I was just checking in google maps.
Distance wise we dont save much going through the city. (This was surprise to me too)

Through the Bypass

Through the city

The reason is I think is that the city route is not an arrow like stretch, but a curved one.
In such a case, it would be better to go via the bypass.

@Condor,
Baglur Shoolairi route I think is not all that great. Also the Baglur bridge towards Malur (after immediate left at NH207 T-junction) is broken,

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Ampere, I meant Malur-Shoolagiri avoiding Bagalur. Not Bagalur-Shoolagiri.

Edit:
I am trying to open the two links you have give above. But I get this msg .. any idea why ?

Thanks Condor. I messed up on the links. I have corrected them You can reload the page and check.
I also did not realize you meant Malur-Shoolagiri. What I have heard is that roads around Shoolagiri are not all that great.
I only hear of biking stories. Never heard of cars in that region. Should try out some time !

Last edited by ampere : 14th May 2012 at 20:15.