Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 14th May 2012, 20:01   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Hyderabad-Salem:Diversion Landmark?

@Ampere, I meant Malur-Shoolagiri avoiding Bagalur. Not Bagalur-Shoolagiri.

I am trying to open the two links you have give above. But I get this msg .. any idea why ?
Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (from) isn't associated with any program.

Last edited by condor : 14th May 2012 at 20:03.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 20:12   #32
Default Re: Hyderabad-Salem:Diversion Landmark?

Originally Posted by ampere View Post

I was just checking in google maps.
Distance wise we dont save much going through the city. (This was surprise to me too)

Via Bypass

Through the city

The reason is I think is that the city route is not an arrow like stretch, but a curved one.
In such a case, it would be better to go via the bypass.
You are right. I also considered the crucial factor that he is driving around Bangalore during the peak lunch-time and do did not recommend saving just a few minutes by going around the city via the bypass for about 90 minutes or so. Instead, he can drive through the less-stressful-stretch of ORR from Hebbal upto Marathahalli where there are umpteen options for a fine lunch-break.
ajithbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 16:02   #33
Smile Re: Hyderabad-Salem:Diversion Landmark?

UPDATE: Bagalur bridge on the Malur Hosur stretch is open. The time taken to construct the bridge has been used by the state governments on either side to repair the road which was really bad on the karnataka side.Although it is somewhat a one and half lane road, it has been neatly tarred and the road beyond the border in Tamil Nadu is good with two laned marked roads.
SujineRaj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote