Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 4th January 2011, 14:21   #1
BHPian

Default WLS Hopping - Hyderabad to Kanha, Pench and Tadoba

Dear Tbhpians, I am planning a 5 day trip with friends and family by road from Hyderabad to Kanha, Pench and Tadoba. While I am pretty familiar with Tadoba, any information on Kanha and Pench will be of immense help.

I plan to take NH7 from Hyderabad upto Seoni and SH 11A from Seoni to Kanha.

a) How is the road condition from Seoni to Kanha (SH 11A)?
b) Which entry gate should I take from Kanha?
c) Any budget accomodation you suggest at Kanha? (Budget 1000-1500 per night, twin sharing basis)
d) What are the morning and evening safari timings

Kanha to Pench (MP). With Dr. Abheek Ghosh's reccomendation, i have closed in on Turia gate as our entry point.

a) Any budget accomodation you can suggest at Pench (MP)? (Budget 1000-1500 per night, twin sharing basis)
b) What are the morning and evening safari timings?

My proposed itenary is as follows:

Day 1: 11PM Start at Hyd - head to Kanha. One evening safari
Day 2: Morning safari at Kanha. Then head to Pench (MP)
Day 3: Pench one evening safari
Day 4: Morning safari at Pench and had to Tadoba
Day 5: Evening or Morning safari at Tadoba

Proposed route: Link

We plan to travel by 2 cars, 1 Accent GLE and 1 Hyundai i10/Ford IKON
ExtremeTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 21:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: WLS Hopping - Hyderabad to Kanha, Pench and Tadoba

Kanha - MP Tourism Tourist hostel in Kisli is possibly the cheapest. Other alternative is Kanha Safari lodge again by MP Tourism. You can get details on their website. All others are in the range of 3K per person (i can say this as i was also looking for acco in march)

Pench - Kipling court by MP Tourism posibbly fits your budget.

Tadoba - Resort Taras near TR Gate. cell - 09921027275 and 09422139353 aslo try the guest house by Mah Tourism.
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 12:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Dear Tbhpians, I am planning a 5 day trip with friends and family by road from Hyderabad to Kanha, Pench and Tadoba. While I am pretty familiar with Tadoba, any information on Kanha and Pench will be of immense help.

I plan to take NH7 from Hyderabad upto Seoni and SH 11A from Seoni to Kanha.

a) How is the road condition from Seoni to Kanha (SH 11A)?

superb roads. You can do this stretch in 2 - 2 1/2 hrs in your accent.

b) Which entry gate should I take from Kanha?

Kisli gate

c) Any budget accomodation you suggest at Kanha? (Budget 1000-1500 per night, twin sharing basis)

Motel chandan(1000-1500 per night, twin sharing basis) at kisli gate or MPTDC Bagheera dormitories at 500 per person per day (not sure of this rate) check mptdc website.

d) What are the morning and evening safari timings

6 to 11am and 3 to6pm

Kanha to Pench (MP). With Dr. Abheek Ghosh's reccomendation, i have closed in on Turia gate as our entry point.

Good

a) Any budget accomodation you can suggest at Pench (MP)? (Budget 1000-1500 per night, twin sharing basis)

You can camp outdoors with me free at Lallan's. MPTDC kipling's court dormitory at appx 1000 per person per night (not sure of rates as I never stay in resorts). Good options where I accomodate my friends when they have a requiremnent is Jungle tents of Heaven's garden resort (1500-2000 twin sharing) or twin sharing accomodations of Bagheera retreat (1500-2000)

b) What are the morning and evening safari timings?

same as kanha

My proposed itenary is as follows:

Day 1: 11PM Start at Hyd - head to Kanha. One evening safari
Day 2: Morning safari at Kanha. Then head to Pench (MP)
Day 3: Pench one evening safari
Day 4: Morning safari at Pench and had to Tadoba
Day 5: Evening or Morning safari at Tadoba

I will suggest you drop out tadoba or pench from this plan and instead plan to do more drives at any one park. going to kanha just for 1 drive is sacrilege too. I suggest you do 2 kanha and 3 pench drives and do some buffer explorations in pench with me (if you do it over a weekend

Proposed route: Link

We plan to travel by 2 cars, 1 Accent GLE and 1 Hyundai i10/Ford IKON
Good enough
Call me after 9pm today and we'll go though this on phone.

Dr. A Ghosh

Last edited by abheekg : 5th January 2011 at 13:02.
abheekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 13:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Kanha - MP Tourism Tourist hostel in Kisli is possibly the cheapest. Other alternative is Kanha Safari lodge again by MP Tourism. You can get details on their website. All others are in the range of 3K per person (i can say this as i was also looking for acco in march)

Tadoba - Resort Taras near TR Gate. cell - 09921027275 and 09422139353 aslo try the guest house by Mah Tourism.
Thats resort sarus . Not a good place at all. Only decent place in tadoba is mtdc guest house, call 9822563554 (deepak dhimanwar) for bookings. He's the authorised agent. Every one else who says he can do your booking is trying to con you.
abheekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 14:39   #5
BHPian

Hey guys, Iam doing this trip with ExtremeTorque. Could you please let me know the best WLS among Kanha and Bandhavgarh in terms of tiger and other wildlife sighting. Thanks in advance
CrankShaft05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 15:18   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Couple of months back I visited Pench. Unfortunately there was no tiger sighting. But enjoyed every bit of forest & the resort.

In Pench I would suggest Tiger n Woods resort. It is the best in forest lodge category & the hospitality will be at its best. They charge 4000 for a Room. I feel the money paid is worth every bit of it.

Specially arranged Barbeque & a Night Safari will always be remembered.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 15:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Kanha - MP Tourism Tourist hostel in Kisli is possibly the cheapest. Other alternative is Kanha Safari lodge again by MP Tourism. You can get details on their website.

Tadoba - Resort Saras near TR Gate. cell - 09921027275 and 09422139353 aslo try the guest house by Mah Tourism.
Fauji, thanks will check out the MPTDC website. BTW, from experience, I prefer the MH guest house in Moharli. Like the Doc indicated below, Deepak Bhimanwar is the man to do your bookings through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
Good enough
Call me after 9pm today and we'll go though this on phone.

Dr. A Ghosh
Doc thanks a ton! Will call you in the evening today. Like you suggested and my mate Crankshaft pointed out above we dropped Tadoba and now are confused between Kanha and Bandhavgarh.
Old 5th January 2011, 16:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Hey guys, Iam doing this trip with ExtremeTorque. Could you please let me know the best WLS among Kanha and Bandhavgarh in terms of tiger and other wildlife sighting. Thanks in advance
If Tiger is only your focus, then Bhandhavgarh is the best place to sight tigerdue to higher density being a smaller park.

Last edited by Fauji : 5th January 2011 at 16:52.
Old 5th January 2011, 17:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
If Tiger is only your focus, then Bhandhavgarh is the best place to sight tigerdue to higher density being a smaller park.
Thanks Fauji for the information. Do you think Kanha is a better place if we have to enjoy the flora and fauna of the jungle? But I would definitely be excited to spot a tiger at any WLS
Old 5th January 2011, 22:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Since you are planning Pench also in this itenanary, it would be good to stick to Kanha as they are neighbouring sanctuaries and you dont spend too much of time in travel. There is good amount of animals and birds in Kanha which you can see apart from tiger. Tiger seeing is sheer luck as they are shy animals.
Old 5th January 2011, 22:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

I just did the Kanha trip during the weekend of Dec 17-19. The NH7 is in not so good shape between Nagpur and Seoni but once you are on the SH11, you canblast as the road is really great. The driving time between Nagpur- Kanha Kisli Gate is about 5 hours.

The best place to stay is Baghira Log Huts and they cost about 3k /Night including food. Else you can take the Tourist Hostel. Clean accommodation with absolutely clean toilets.This is where we stayed as we were a group of 24 people. Cost is about ~Rs.850/person and includes 3 meals. The morning Safari timing is 6.00 AM - 12 Noon and you should be there at the Kanha Centre Point early to get your token for the Tiger Show. Evening Safari starts at 3 to 5.30PM. Give me a call if you want more details. Kanha pictures are in my FB album for your reference.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 14:59   #12
BHPian

We have almost zeroed in on Bandhavgarh. Its after so much discussion that we have finally decided on Bandhavgarh over Kanha. Can somebody share their thoughts on the road condition from Pench to Bandhavgarh?
Old 24th April 2012, 14:23   #13
BHPian

Folks, last time we never made it to Kanha and it has always been on my radar. Now is the time and me and a couple of friends are planning one to Kanha shortly.

Has anyone done the Nagpur-Kanha (Kisli Gate) route recently?
Old 24th April 2012, 16:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Folks, last time we never made it to Kanha and it has always been on my radar. Now is the time and me and a couple of friends are planning one to Kanha shortly.

Has anyone done the Nagpur-Kanha (Kisli Gate) route recently?
Except for the ghat section near Pench - 15 KMs - the road was very good when we travelled in January.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 16:54   #15
BHPian

Thanks Fauji. I was in Pench last weekend and they did tell me the roads upto Seoni were not so good. I was worried about the Seoni to Kanha part and your update puts me at ease now!