Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th September 2013, 13:35   #46

Default re: Bangalore - Guwahati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

Please note that it is not NH2 between Calcutta & Bardhaman - but the Durgapur Expressway (NH2 is separate & parallel).
Please elaborate on where exactly to exit the expressway and the exact route to follow till Siuri / Dumka as there are plenty of roads leading into Siuri . Dumka to Bagalpur and beyond till Purnia, the route seems to be pretty clear.
pramodsdixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 13:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodsdixit View Post
Please elaborate on where exactly to exit the expressway and the exact route to follow till Siuri / Dumka as there are plenty of roads leading into Siuri . Dumka to Bagalpur and beyond till Purnia, the route seems to be pretty clear.
9 kms from the end of Asansol bypass, take right turn towards Chittaranjan/ Jamtara/ Dumka to go via Bhagalpur.

The detailed route plan you can see here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzW9...it?usp=sharing

Siuri route is totally different. To go to Siuri, you can turn off at Darjeeling More, immediately after crossing Panagarh bazaar.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 21:20   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Siuri route is totally different. To go to Siuri, you can turn off at Darjeeling More, immediately after crossing Panagarh bazaar.
For Calcutta to Siuri would prefer GQ (NH2) to Barddhaman, then turn right for NH2B (Guksara - Bhedia - Bolpur). Then take the road for Siuri.

There is a bad rail underpass at Bhedia, otherwise preferred to Panagarh (Darjiling More) Siuri route.

Don't let NH2B (Barddhaman - Bolpur) seduce you into taking the Ahmedpur route. Stick to the direct Bolpur - Siuri route.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 15:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
The bets route is Bangalore-Hyderabad-Vijaywada which could take you in under 10 hours
Google maps shows distances for Bangalore, Tirupati, Nayudupeta, Vijayawada around 660 kms. Bangalore, Hyderabad, Vijayawada is 845kms. Thats a difference of 200 kms.

Is the Tirupati route so bad so as to go for additional 200kms? What is the condition of the Vellore - Tirupati - Nayudupeta stretch? Rest is GQ, I believe.
fordday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 16:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Google maps shows distances for Bangalore, Tirupati, Nayudupeta, Vijayawada around 660 kms. Bangalore, Hyderabad, Vijayawada is 845kms. Thats a difference of 200 kms.

Is the Tirupati route so bad so as to go for additional 200kms? What is the condition of the Vellore - Tirupati - Nayudupeta stretch? Rest is GQ, I believe.
Very fast, entirely 4-laned, no road widening issues as in Ongole-Vijaywada, etc
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2013, 21:07   #51
BHPian

although i have done bangalore to guwahati in my getx last year, i am nowhere as well informed as HVK sir. I dont remember the exact turns and curves.
I can point certain things to keep in mind.
1) Bangalore - hyderabad is lovely in terms of road conditions and is doable in less than 10 hours.
2) hyderabad - vizag is about 500 kms we did it in about 12 hours at an average spped of 80 kmph, again lovely roads.
3) vizag - kolkatta is also possible in one day, we took vizag-jamshedpur, after exiting orrisa and when we entered jamshedpur roads were horribly bad.
4) kolkata - silliguri although doable in one day, through malda, we could not do it on the same day because of the truck traffic jam after darjeeling more. we had to stop at malda as it was almost 9. Asansol state hughways are horribly jammed but i have a feeling that gps led us into a wrong route.
5) silliguri - guwahati also took us about 12 hours bacause of that stupid construction work near kokrajhar and moon sized craters in dooars, i am not sure of the status as of today. birpara - kokrajhar was also bad.

hope you enjoy the drive
blurust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 19:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@wanderernomad . yes we sure can catch up. plz pm me ur contact details.
You dont have pm rights buddy. Send your email Ill pass on the contact details.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 19:55   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
You dont have pm rights buddy. Send your email Ill pass on the contact details.
pramodsdixit@gmail.com
Old 26th September 2013, 20:13   #54

starting the trip from bangalore to dibrugarh tommorow.

planning to leave blr at 4 in morning. Route planned (day wise)

Blr- Hyd- Vijayawada- Vizag

Vizag- Puri

Puri-Kolkata

Kolkata-Chittataranjan-Dumka-Bagalpur-Purnia- Siliguri

Siliguri - gangtok

Gangatok- Binaguri- coochbehar- Goalpara- Guwahati

Guwahati- Dibrugarh

* Halt at Vizag for a day and at gangtok for 2 days

Any last minute suggestions?

Any Last minute inputs on the situation in Andhra?
Old 26th September 2013, 21:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
starting the trip from bangalore to dibrugarh tommorow.

planning to leave blr at 4 in morning. Route planned (day wise)

Any last minute suggestions?

Any Last minute inputs on the situation in Andhra?
Protests are at a high in AP in the next few days, so be ready for delays.

And other than that, a few tourism suggestions in Odisha.

1. Vizag-Puri Leg: A detour to the pristine beach at Gopalpur, about 10kms of the highway. Lunch at Chilika Dhaba, just half a km of the highway.

2. Puri-Kolkata Leg: A small detour to Chandipur beach, about 20kms off the highway.

Or if you want to spend time in Puri, you can leave Vizag early in the morning and you will reach Puri by mid day. Similarly the next day, you can leave Puri around mid day and still make it to Kolkata without getting too late into the night.

Also, on the Vizag-Puri leg, take a look at the following route to bypass Bhubaneswar city.

Name:  1.png
Views: 674
Size:  111.4 KB
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 08:14   #56
BHPian

Hi

Just learnt from my mom in law who is travelling from Vijayawada;this morning at Chittoor the bus she was travelling by was stopped and the tyres were punctured. Three ladie along with her were sent in a taxi to Mulbagal by the cops, I got a msg she has got to Mulbagal and on her way to Bangalore - this was few minutes ago just before 8 AM this morning. I am not sure about private cars, but there seems obvious troubles in AP enroute Vijayawada. This could be just one off incident too, however If someone has direct contacts of Pramodsdixit, kindly let him know to be careful I have sent an email to him too, I am not sure if this post is going to reach in time since it is moderated.
The last you want is someone puncturing your tyres or worst - not the best things to start off the first leg of a long journey.
Jred is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 19:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred View Post
Hi

Just learnt from my mom in law who is travelling from Vijayawada;this morning at Chittoor the bus she was travelling by was stopped and the tyres were punctured. Three ladie along with her were sent in a taxi to Mulbagal by the cops, I got a msg she has got to Mulbagal and on her way to Bangalore - this was few minutes ago just before 8 AM this morning. I am not sure about private cars, but there seems obvious troubles in AP enroute Vijayawada. This could be just one off incident too, however If someone has direct contacts of Pramodsdixit, kindly let him know to be careful I have sent an email to him too, I am not sure if this post is going to reach in time since it is moderated.
The last you want is someone puncturing your tyres or worst - not the best things to start off the first leg of a long journey.
Spoke to Promod. He has crossed AP safely and without any incident. He did get your email too JRed, so thanks mate for the heads up.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 19:32   #58

Am done with the first leg. Blr-vizag

Started from blr at 5am. Reached hyd ORR by 11am. Vijayawada by 3.30pm. And vizag at 10.30pm. Blr to Vijayawada was awesome road. Vijayawada to vizag, road ead go
Old 28th September 2013, 19:36   #59

Am done with the first leg. Blr-vizag

Started from blr at 5am. Reached hyd ORR by 11am. Vijayawada by 3.30pm. And vizag at 10.30pm yesterday.
Blr to Vijayawada was an awesome road. Vijayawada to vizag, road was good but with heavy traffic.

Next leg vizag-puri tomorrow.

Need suggestions for road from puri to kolkata for leg 3.
Via bbsr ? Or via niali as google earth is showing?
Old 28th September 2013, 19:38   #60

And sincere thanks to Jred and wanderer nomad for their personal interest in my safety. I'm obliged.