Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 25th January 2011, 22:09   #1
BHPian

Default Nandur Madhmeshwar-Shirdi-Nashik from Mumbai

Hi,
Am planning to do this trip from 27th to 30th.

Day 1 - Mumbai-Ghoti-Sinnar-Nandur Madhmeshwar-overnight at Shirdi
Day 2 - Visit temple at 4 AM, then Head off for Nashik and Visit friends and places like Trimbakeshwar, Someshwar
Day 3 - Head back for Mumbai.

Questions are:
1. Is the Sinnar-Nandur Madhmeshwar route good?
2. Are there any eating options at NM?
3. Is there a specific point to reach in NM? I heard about watch towers and all that, but not much idea on how to get there.

Thanks
Kar
karthik_rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 19:20   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Nandur Madhmeshwar-Shirdi-Nashik from Mumbai

Ok, I did the trip, so I now have answers to my own questions, and I have some more info on these routes:
1. Route Conditions -
The Ghoti- Sinnar road is a killer. I had to do almost 15 km at a snail's pace. So no time advantages over the Nashik route, and abused my suspension in the bargain.
The Sinnar-Nandur Madhmeshwar route is not as terrible, but there are stretches that are bad and narrow. Have attached the route map.
The Sinnar Shirdi route on SH39 is under construction. Single lane stretches almost all the way, and high chances of a head on collision. Or you could land in a rut that is a foot deep.
On the way back, I took a longer route Shirdi-Babhaleshwar-Loni-Sangamner-Sinnar. This route was superb. 40 km longer, but I dont think it really impacted my total driving time.

I did a total of around 600 Km on this trip, including local travel. My average consumption was 17.1 kmpl. Average Speed was 47 kph.

2. Eating Places in Nandur Madhmeshwar - Did not use any, as I did breakfast at Panchavati Motel Sinnar, and got them to pack some parathas for lunch. There is a rest house of Forest/Irrigation but did not check it out.

3. Observation Points in Nandur M'eshwar
There are broadly three Observation Posts. The first is where the Sh23 hits the lake first, called Manjargaon. The second is at Caphadgaon, to the west of the lake, and there are tents and a paddleboat here. The guys here also have a very good nikon field glass and a tripod, available for free. The third is if you take a right turn at Manjargaon, and go eastwards for about a kilometer. There is a lovely canal here and a great view.

4. Some points on Shirdi
Stayed at Shradda Inn. Was quite a decent place. And food was ok too.
The queues in the temple are totally unmanaged. This is just asking for a stampede.
The temple surroundings are flush with touts and louts of all kinds, who will promise you a quick darshan, car parking and so on.

Will post more on this as I go along.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:22   #3
BHPian

Default Route Maps

Here are the route maps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nandur Madhmeshwar Route.pdf (88.1 KB, 645 views)
File Type: pdf Shirdi-Loni-Sangamner.pdf (108.8 KB, 572 views)
Old 31st January 2011, 19:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_rao View Post
On the way back, I took a longer route Shirdi-Babhaleshwar-Loni-Sangamner-Sinnar. This route was superb. 40 km longer, but I dont think it really impacted my total driving time.
Thats good road,
shirdi-babhaleshwar may have heavy traffic but babh'ar-sangamner have less trafffic.
you could take the route of sangamner-nh50-ale phata-right turn-malshej ghat-kalyan, the road has less traffic.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 20:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Thats good road,
shirdi-babhaleshwar may have heavy traffic but babh'ar-sangamner have less trafffic.
you could take the route of sangamner-nh50-ale phata-right turn-malshej ghat-kalyan, the road has less traffic.
Hi Ashish,
I started at 6AM, so the road was pretty empty. And it was so smooth that I flew along at 120 KPH.

I went from Shirdi to Nashik, hence did not consider the Ale Phata road.
Old 31st January 2011, 21:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Karthik,any pictures?
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 16:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hey Karthik,any pictures?
Hi Ranjit,
Will post pics later in the travelogue section. Maybe this weekend.
Old 28th April 2011, 15:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Karthik
I am considering going to Nandur Madhmeshwar during my trip to Nashik this weekend. Any tips/ pointers from your end? Also, were you able to see any birds during your visit? I am hoping there will be a few more this time of year considering the water body
selfdrive is online now   Reply With Quote