Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd February 2011, 13:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Chennai- Munnar- Guruvayoor- Route + Planning Advice

@Crazydriver : Somehow I missed this query till now. Your revised schedule is definitely doable.
GVR - Nelliyampathy : It is better to start a little early from Guruvayur and reach Nelliyamapthy in the afternoon, so that you can visit either Kesavanpara or Seetharkundu that day itself. The left out spot can be visited the next day (Tuesday) morning.

Nelliyampathy-Chennai : Route suggested by ampere is better. Nenmara-Kollengode-Meenakshipuram-Pollachi maybe shorter than reaching CBE, and you also can avoid the road widening work on the Avinashi stretch
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:00   #17
BHPian

@crazy driver: what a coincidence. i too will probably be doing most of the same stretch on friday night or saturday. i am tending towards saturday, to avoid night driving. i too am going to munnar but that's only on monday (7th).
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 06:33   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Via Kollengode, Coimbatore, Salem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you take the Pollachi-Coimbatore highway-NH209,no need to go into CBE town as you would intersect the L&T bypass,take a right at the bypass and head towards Salem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other option is Pollachi-Palladam-Tiruppur-Perumanallur and GQ then onwards.
CBE Bypass Option
Thanks. But which of these will be best for NIGHT driving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
But this drive was done during daytime and i would recommend a daytime drive for the scenic views and it might be a little tougher to do a night drive.
Thanks.

Why i am doing night drive is-

1. We have been working night shift whole week, and hence accustomed to sitting awake at night, and sleeping during day.
2. Saving saturday for munnar. If i have to drive on saturday, we'll need to go straight to guruvayoor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
GVR - Nelliyampathy : It is better to start a little early from Guruvayur and reach Nelliyamapthy in the afternoon, so that you can visit either Kesavanpara or Seetharkundu that day itself. The left out spot can be visited the next day (Tuesday) morning.
Would have loved this way, but I got to attend a marriage in Guruvayoor on Monday morning. This marriage is the main reason for the trip, and hence no compromises can be made there. Should get over by 12 or so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
@crazy driver: what a coincidence. i too will probably be doing most of the same stretch on friday night or saturday. i am tending towards saturday, to avoid night driving. i too am going to munnar but that's only on monday (7th).
Happy Journey.

Did you decide on Saturday, or Friday night?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 10:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Stick to the Nemmara-Pollachi-Coimbatore-L&T Bypass-NH47-Salem route,its simpler in the night
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 12:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Happy Journey.

Did you decide on Saturday, or Friday night?
Thanks, you too have a great trip!

As it turns out, the rest of the family didn't get train tickets so they're taking a bus. So I'm thinking, go home and get some 4 or 5 hours of sleep and then start out in the night itself. You may see me on the road - black Figo 7473.

What time are you planning to start, and what vehicle?
Old 5th February 2011, 03:37   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Thanks, you too have a great trip!

As it turns out, the rest of the family didn't get train tickets so they're taking a bus. So I'm thinking, go home and get some 4 or 5 hours of sleep and then start out in the night itself. You may see me on the road - black Figo 7473.

What time are you planning to start, and what vehicle?
Posting this on the way.

Started from chennai at 11.45. Now at trichy. 3.30AM. Its a red logan.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 10:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Posting this on the way.

Started from chennai at 11.45. Now at trichy. 3.30AM. Its a red logan.
Sorry, missed this after I got on the trip. Came back on Thursday. My travelogue is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-chennai.html (Chennai - Madurai - Alagar Kovil - Munnar - Thanjavur - Chennai)

Hope you had a great drive!