Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2011, 15:24   #1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Hi All guys up north.

I need some advice on booking certain accomodation as per listed below.

I need reviews of these places and how safe is it to make advance payment to these guys. Request Help

The purpose is , i am leaving on a Holiday with my family and our extended families ( 11 adults + 2 kids )

1) Shimla 1 night - HPTDC

2) Manali 2 Nights - HPTDC

3) Dharmsala,Mcleodganj 1 night - HPTDC

4) Jammu, Katra 2 nights - Hotel Asia Sripathi , Vaishnodevi

5) Amritsar 1 night - Hotel Sapphire

6) Chandigarh 1 night - Infosys Campus ( No reviews needed )

7) Delhi 2 nights - Hotel Green view Palace

8) Agra 1 night - Hotel Delux Plaza

9) Jaipur - 3 nights - Hotel Mosaic


I am 3 weeks away from the date of my travel. Please guide if any other best places available to stay. Ginger is surprisingly expensive.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 17:22   #2
BHPian
 
San Phrangmung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 581
Thanked: 75 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Another thing to keep in mind is the size of Ginger rooms. They are tiny and suffocating. Good decesion to stay at the HP tourism accomodations.
San Phrangmung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 17:46   #3
BHPian
 
Janjua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 124
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Hi Pavan,

You can pay the HTDC online on their website. I always do it when travelling to Himachal. If for some reason you are unable to, then there is an HPTDC office at the Sector 17 bus stand in my city, Chandigarh. I can go there and help you out.
If you want help with hotels in Amritsar, I can definitely help you. Don't know about the Saphire, but I can check it out if you want.
Happy travelling.

Regards, Sandeep.
Janjua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 17:57   #4
BHPian
 
setuniket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida|Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Try HPTDC online booking or visit its marketing office at

HIMACHAL EMPORIUM, GANESH COMPLEX,
NO: 13, S.C. ROAD , BANGALORE - 560009
Tel/ Fax: (080) 22375578, 22876591, +91-9945597807
E-mail: bangalore@hptdc.in

You can book rooms from this office as well.
setuniket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 17:58   #5
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

@PAVAN KADAM,

Delhi - Where is this hotel green view. Mahipal pur (Nr airport) has lot of hotels and is on NH8.

Amritsar, We stayed at Hotel Alstonia at Ranjit Avenue. This region is a happening place at night.

Dharmsala,Mcleodganj - It is better to stay at Dharmshala than Mcleodgang. Only half day is required for Mcleodgang.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 21:34   #6
BHPian
 
gopikb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 422
Thanked: 117 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Pavan, In Jaipur I recommend strongly that you stay in our fellow team bhp member deky's Starboard guesthouse. If you are following the travelogues section of team bhp, I am sure you must have known him already. His phone number is +91-9414059844. You can call him and confirm the booking

December end we spent about 5 days in deky's guesthouse and it was awesome. He had all that a typical family would need and we felt absolutely at home. Food is also provided by his resident staff and overall it was just another home away from home. Moreover he offered 40% discount on his regular rate just for being a team bhp member. What more do you need? It is a fabulous place and you can be in safe hands.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 09:21   #7
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
Hi Pavan,

You can pay the HTDC online on their website. I always do it when travelling to Himachal. If for some reason you are unable to, then there is an HPTDC office at the Sector 17 bus stand in my city, Chandigarh. I can go there and help you out.
If you want help with hotels in Amritsar, I can definitely help you. Don't know about the Saphire, but I can check it out if you want.
Happy travelling.

Regards, Sandeep.
Thank you for your help Sandeep.

I have already got in touch with the additional Superintendent of HPTDC and have successfully completed the booking at Holiday home- Shimla , Log Huts -Manali and The Club House - Dharmsala

All thanks to H V Kumar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Try HPTDC online booking or visit its marketing office at

HIMACHAL EMPORIUM, GANESH COMPLEX,
NO: 13, S.C. ROAD , BANGALORE - 560009
Tel/ Fax: (080) 22375578, 22876591, +91-9945597807
E-mail: bangalore@hptdc.in

You can book rooms from this office as well.
Thank you very much, i shall visit their office for further details on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
@PAVAN KADAM,

Delhi - Where is this hotel green view. Mahipal pur (Nr airport) has lot of hotels and is on NH8.

Amritsar, We stayed at Hotel Alstonia at Ranjit Avenue. This region is a happening place at night.

Dharmsala,Mcleodganj - It is better to stay at Dharmshala than Mcleodgang. Only half day is required for Mcleodgang.
This hotel is at Noida Sector 27. Though i am still not happy with this, but no booking has been made, its just a telephonic conversation i have had. There are many hotels, but once they know i am from Bangalore, their rates touch the Sky.

This Place, i certainly need HELP


Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Pavan, In Jaipur I recommend strongly that you stay in our fellow team bhp member deky's Starboard guesthouse. If you are following the travelogues section of team bhp, I am sure you must have known him already. His phone number is +91-9414059844. You can call him and confirm the booking

December end we spent about 5 days in deky's guesthouse and it was awesome. He had all that a typical family would need and we felt absolutely at home. Food is also provided by his resident staff and overall it was just another home away from home. Moreover he offered 40% discount on his regular rate just for being a team bhp member. What more do you need? It is a fabulous place and you can be in safe hands.
This is a wonderful piece of information, I shall get in touch with Deky ASAP.

The reason i booked Mosaic was, after all those hectic trip schedule, i wanted a place with a pool and a bit of luxury. Jaipur is only to relax.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 12:32   #8
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Quote:
This hotel is at Noida Sector 27. Though i am still not happy with this, but no booking has been made, its just a telephonic conversation i have had. There are many hotels, but once they know i am from Bangalore, their rates touch the Sky.
This Place, i certainly need HELP
Any specific reason for Sector 27, your route will be NH8, NH1 and NH2 as per your plan. if mode of travel is train , then connaught place has lots of option.

Last edited by v&v : 13th February 2011 at 12:34.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 20:43   #9
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Any specific reason for Sector 27, your route will be NH8, NH1 and NH2 as per your plan. if mode of travel is train , then connaught place has lots of option.

There is no specific reason for Sector 27, i have zeroed in on that place since it was recommended by my uncle who has been there several times.

I certainly need some directions and leads to book a good accomodation at Delhi.

A good Resort or some nice Service Apartments.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 20:54   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Wow wow, are you taking the yellow van this time ? Waiting to hear more about the trip
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 21:32   #11
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Wow wow, are you taking the yellow van this time ? Waiting to hear more about the trip
No Shaju Wish i could.

Indigo Airlines is flying us Bangalore-Delhi round trip.

And from Delhi - Delhi trip, we have hired a Force Traveller ( A known guy from Bangalore operating at Himachal)

Got confirmation from HPTDC today by mail, here's how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation

Dear Mr Kadam,

This is with reference to your telecon dated 10.02.2011. We have provisionally booked the following accommodation for you on EP i.e room rent only as per your itinerary.

1) The Holiday Home Shimla:
Five Double bed room (semi Dlx.) @ Rs.2420/- each per day i/c taxes on EP for 26.03.2011.

2) The Log Huts, Manali:
Two Log Huts Deluxe @ Rs.3850/- each per day i/c taxes (after 30% discount) on EP for 27.03.2011 & 28.03.2011. Extra person charged @ Rs.770/- each per day on EP.

3) The Dhauladhar, Dharamshala:
Five Double bed room Deluxe @ Rs.1760/- each per day i/c taxes (after 20% discount) on EP for 29.03.2011 (check-out on 30.03.2011 noon)

Check-in and check-out time is 12.00 noon.

In order to confirm the above accommodation booking, please deposit an advance of Rs39380 + Rs.120/- as bank charges in our State Bank of India current account No.31251968510 in the name of HPTDC Manali immediately from the issue of this message, failing which the offer shall stand cancelled automatically and fax the counterfoil of deposit slip through fax No.01902-252325. Also mention your name and place on the bank deposit slip.


The Branch code of SBI, Manali is SBIN0002416.

For any clarification, please feel free to contact us telephonically on phone No.01902-253531.


Assuring you of our best attention and services.

Yours faithfully,

Assistant General Manager,
HPTDC Ltd., Marketing Office,
The Mall, Manali, Distt.-Kullu (H.P),
Pin Code : 175131,
Tel. Phone: 01902-253531.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 13th February 2011 at 21:35.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 00:16   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: India
Posts: 592
Thanked: 648 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Pavan,

Two suggestions from side:

Stay in Delhi
There are lots of hotel options in Karol Bagh (on metro line) area. It is around 4-5 kms from Cannaught Place (i.e. center of Delhi - on Metro line). Thugh I am not aware of any specific one, but if somebody has stayed there in Karol Bagh then he can recommend you. Staying at Noida would mean that you will need time (30 mins to 1.5 hours) to reach central Delhi. Staying at Green view would again mean that you are staying away from central delhi and it would be costly (because of airport proximity) too.

Stay in Katra
Why don't you book Shrine board's rooms available at Bhawan complex? If you are travelling with family and kids then you should plan to start from Katra by afternoon so that you reach at Bhawan by evening. Check in to the rooms at Bhawan (Vaishnavi & Gouri Bhawan etc.). Have Darshan in the late evening and you can go again in the morning. Kids can rest and can have good sleep in the night and can start again after darshan in the next morning. Here are the links related to Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board:
https://www.maavaishnodevi.org/room_bok_new.asp
https://www.maavaishnodevi.org/help_desk_dir_board.asp


It seems like they have removed the online booking page. Here is another link to book it :

https://www.maavaishnodevi.org/r_accom.asp

Address for making accommodation reservations:
Dy. Manager (Enquiry & Reservation),
Shakti Bhawan, Niharika Complex (Near Bus Stand),
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board,
Katra, J&K
Pin Code - 182301
Tel: 01991-232125 (EPABX), 234053


Pilgrims are also informed that the mere sending of a draft does not necessarily ensure confirmed reservation which is, of course, subject to availability.

Devotees are requested to send their demand draft by Registered or Speed Post only since courier services are currently not available at Katra.


Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 14th February 2011 at 00:30. Reason: added another link
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 11:47   #13
BHPian
 
gopikb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 422
Thanked: 117 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
This is a wonderful piece of information, I shall get in touch with Deky ASAP.

The reason i booked Mosaic was, after all those hectic trip schedule, i wanted a place with a pool and a bit of luxury. Jaipur is only to relax.
Pavan, If you are looking at a place with a bit of luxury, pool etc. then I guess you can stay at Mosaic itself.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 12:59   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

For accommodation @ Agra, contact fellow tbhpian - vkochar.
He owns this
Palmstay - Bed & Breakfast - Home
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 21:14   #15
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: HELP- Accomodation Booking Up North- DONE and ready to Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Pavan, If you are looking at a place with a bit of luxury, pool etc. then I guess you can stay at Mosaic itself.
Need a bit of Luxury you see.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
For accommodation @ Agra, contact fellow tbhpian - vkochar.
He owns this
Palmstay - Bed & Breakfast - Home
You are a GEM

Called Vkochar, and Booked All 5 rooms at his B&B stay.

And again, Thank you very very much.

Aah.... T-BHP . I'am loving it.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 4x4 tractor booking done! trammway Commercial Vehicles 59 28th July 2010 22:48
Kerala SRTC Online booking portal getting ready ? joecherian Street Experiences 7 19th January 2010 17:49
Need help with Mumbai Trip: Accomodation and Car Rental hondadude Route / Travel Queries 10 18th December 2008 12:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks