Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th January 2018, 11:33   #811
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Please try the routes I have been suggesting from a long time, keep yourselves in good condition. I see lot of KL registered cars on the Maddur-HDurga-Magadi route on weekends.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 09:47   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore - Mallavalli - Bannur - Mysore ring road

Part of my Bangalore - Wayanad drive last weekend. Full details here (Bangalore-Wayanad: Route & Accommodation)

Wanted to post an update specific to Kanakpura - Mallavalli route. Road widening work has started at many sections around here, they have dug up shoulder area of roads at multiple places.

Didn't find any work ongoing while I traveled on Friday or Sunday, hence not sure about the pace of the work. However, compared to my earlier travel through this route a month back there was many places which had been dug up.

Current work doesn't have any impact on current road size. However, with narrow two lane sections having one side dug up, you need to be careful during any overtaking and during night drives.

Still, would suggest this route over Mysore- Mandya - Ramanagara - Bangalore route due to lesser traffic.

Hope this work gets over before ever delayed Mysore - Bangalore road widening starts up on other route.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 11:43   #813
BHPian

In the wake of today's Supreme court verdict on cauvery issue, how does the situation going to be on Mysore stretch. Have a drive planned up tonight or tomorrow early morning.
balenoed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 11:51   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
In the wake of today's Supreme court verdict on cauvery issue, how does the situation going to be on Mysore stretch. Have a drive planned up tonight or tomorrow early morning.
I guess no issues. Celebrations are on in Mandya over the verdict as KA is getting additional 14.5 tmc of water. Driving early morning should be fine as against driving today.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote