Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 15:46   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
All right. Booked a homestay for the 20th Aug weekend. Now time to jolt down the itinerary. I plan to cover Halebid and Belur on return drive on 3rd day, so I need suggestions for first 2 days.
Which Homestay & Where is it ?
Also mode of transport.
Apart from Belur, Halebeedu any other temples you want to consider.
Based on these I can SUGGEST you the itineary.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 16:06   #77
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Which Homestay & Where is it ?
Also mode of transport.
Apart from Belur, Halebeedu any other temples you want to consider.
Based on these I can SUGGEST you the itineary.
Homestay is Woodway - Woodway Home Stay - Chikamagalur
We'll be driving to Chikamaglur in our Ritz ZXi.

Belur and Halebeedu are the only temple we know about, if there are more worth visiting (in terms of history, architecture etc, not spiritual) then let me know.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 16:42   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Homestay is Woodway - Woodway Home Stay - Chikamagalur
We'll be driving to Chikamaglur in our Ritz ZXi.

Belur and Halebeedu are the only temple we know about, if there are more worth visiting (in terms of history, architecture etc, not spiritual) then let me know.
Believe it... it's all gonna be WET WET during mid-August.
I'm not listing any temples.
Day -1 Mutthodi(bhadra wildlife), Mullaingiri, Bababudangiri , Kemmangundi. it's all gonna covered by mist, due to rain. But nice places to be in.
Day -2 Kudremukha or a drive at Charmadi ghats, It will be wonderful during rains are you'll find close 20 waterfalls on the road itself.. This will be just a drive.
Day -3 Start early from CKM, visit Belur & Halebeedu and if possible Shravana belagola on the way to BLR.
Historic temples nearby -Hiremaglur, Sringeri, Horanadu, Dharmasthala, Kukke, udupi(slightly far).
Nearby places of interest - Ayyankere-Sakrepatna, Agumbe, CRS(central coffee research institute), River tern jungle lodges, Lakkavalli reserviour, Jog falls etc..
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 18:05   #79
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?

Thanks for the pointers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Believe it... it's all gonna be WET WET during mid-August.
I'm not listing any temples.
That's why we decided on CKM

Quote:
Day -1 Mutthodi(bhadra wildlife), Mullaingiri, Bababudangiri , Kemmangundi. it's all gonna covered by mist, due to rain. But nice places to be in.
Will I be able to cover all this in half a day as we will reach CKM around lunch time only.
Quote:
Day -2 Kudremukha or a drive at Charmadi ghats, It will be wonderful during rains are you'll find close 20 waterfalls on the road itself.. This will be just a drive.
Day -3 Start early from CKM, visit Belur & Halebeedu and if possible Shravana belagola on the way to BLR.
Historic temples nearby -Hiremaglur, Sringeri, Horanadu, Dharmasthala, Kukke, udupi(slightly far).
Nearby places of interest - Ayyankere-Sakrepatna, Agumbe, CRS(central coffee research institute), River tern jungle lodges, Lakkavalli reserviour, Jog falls etc..
Isn't Jog too far from CKM?
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 18:14   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post


Will I be able to cover all this in half a day as we will reach CKM around lunch time only.
If you reach Chikmagalur by afternoon, choose between
1. Mullaingiri, Bababudangiri OR
2. Kemmangundi.
If you had an SUV/JEEP you could have covered all the 3 places in a day.
The straight road from Mullaingiri - Kemmangundi via Atthigundi is mostly doable only by JEEP/SUV, Don't risk you car.
This route is very beautiful, but very narrow & rough and pothole ridden.

Quote:
Isn't Jog too far from CKM?
Yep.... but doable in a full day ;-). close to 180+kms.

Also please carry sweaters , umbrella & rain coats, it's slightly cold during rainy & winter season at CKM.
If you are taking a walk in Estates/ Forest area Be careful about the leeches...

Forgot to add Hirekolalae dam, which is close to CKM town.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 18:51   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 3 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Planning a trip to ChickMagalur and Kudremukh

Hi All,

I am planning for a trip from Bangalore to Chickmagalur and Kudremukh with my friends (7 of them all) .The plan is as follows:

06-Oct-2011- Start from Bangalore to Chickmagalur - Stay is booked at "The Spectrum" - Visit place around Chickmagalur

Hopeful of reaching there by 11 AM.

07-Oct-2011 - Start from Chickmagalur to Kudremukh - Stay at "Upsana" homestay in Samse - Visit place around Kudremukh.

08-Oct-2011- Start return to Bangalore at around 12.30 PM

I need your help/suggestions in identifying the good places to visit , considering our short time of stay (1 day in chickmagalur and 1 day in Kudremukh)

Also, can you suggest some good roads

Thanks for your help!!
blrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 20:38   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 268
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Planning a trip to ChickMagalur and Kudremukh

Hi, is it necessary to go to Kudremukh considering the shortage of time?

Do not miss Mullaingiri, Bababudangiri and Muthodi forest drive - all around Chickmaglur. You also have ancient temple structures. Refer this page http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-malnad-5.html (Monsoon is here, why not drive to Malnad?)

Fauji had helped me in planning my trip, you could PM him for more details on Kudremukh.

Rgds

VW

Last edited by VindyWheels : 29th September 2011 at 20:42.
VindyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 16:55   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,773
Thanked: 1,168 Times
Default Chennai - Chickmagalur - query

Hi
I am doing a trip to Chickmagalur from Chennai
will be stopping over night at Bangalore and then proceeding to Chickmagalur

need help on below points

1) Best recommended route ( quickest ) from Bangalore to Chickmagalur

2) stay is for 2 nights/2 days. plan it to cover below places which i have come across in the net ( pls suggest any more places/avoidable places from the below )

Belur, Halebid, Shravanabelagola, Bababudangiri, Mullaingiri, Mutthodi forest, Kallathigiri, Hebbe falls, Lakya dam , Lakkavalli backwaters, Kemmangudi

pls suggest a logical route plan to cover these ...dont want to stop anywhere on the way to chickmagalur.
i think Belur, Halebid and S'gola can be covered on the way back ?

3) am staying at www.hunkalwoods.com ---- any feedback on the place ?


i will be doing this trip in my i10
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:50   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,617
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default

Blr nh 48 from nelamangala hassan belur ckm.easily done in 5hrs.you can stop for refreshing at kamat hassan on the highway. While coming back you can do ckm halebid belur hassan and back.while at ckm try benne masala dosa at town canteen
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:54   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,617
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
Hi
I am doing a trip to Chickmagalur from Chennai
will be stopping over night at Bangalore and then proceeding to Chickmagalur

need help on below points

1) Best recommended route ( quickest ) from Bangalore to Chickmagalur

2) stay is for 2 nights/2 days. plan it to cover below places which i have come across in the net ( pls suggest any more places/avoidable places from the below )

Belur, Halebid, Shravanabelagola, Bababudangiri, Mullaingiri, Mutthodi forest, Kallathigiri, Hebbe falls, Lakya dam , Lakkavalli backwaters, Kemmangudi

pls suggest a logical route plan to cover these ...dont want to stop anywhere on the way to chickmagalur.
i think Belur, Halebid and S'gola can be covered on the way back ?

3) am staying at www.hunkalwoods.com ---- any feedback on the place ?

i will be doing this trip in my i10
Also buy coffee from panduranga.belagola is a good three hour diversion from nh48 as it involves a lot of climbing so budget your times accordingly and leave from ckm early to cover halebid belur hassan belagola blore.budget for a 10 hour travel time inclusive of all the stoppages
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:46   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Chennai - Chickmagalur - query

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Hi
I am doing a trip to Chickmagalur from Chennai
will be stopping over night at Bangalore and then proceeding to Chickmagalur

need help on below points

1) Best recommended route ( quickest ) from Bangalore to Chickmagalur

2) stay is for 2 nights/2 days. plan it to cover below places which i have come across in the net ( pls suggest any more places/avoidable places from the below )

Belur, Halebid, Shravanabelagola, Bababudangiri, Mullaingiri, Mutthodi forest, Kallathigiri, Hebbe falls, Lakya dam , Lakkavalli backwaters, Kemmangudi

pls suggest a logical route plan to cover these ...dont want to stop anywhere on the way to chickmagalur.
i think Belur, Halebid and S'gola can be covered on the way back ?

3) am staying at www.hunkalwoods.com ---- any feedback on the place ?


i will be doing this trip in my i10
1. Best route would be Bangalore-Kunigal-Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur. Good roads all the way. Watch out for some broken patches between Belur and Chikmagalur.

2. 2 days is not enough to cover all these places. Lakkavalli backwaters is in a different route. Lakya dam is very far from here, in Kudremukh (almost 110 kms) - or did you mean Lakkavalli Dam?

Belur-Halebid-Shravanabelagola will take almost a full day as does the Mullaianagiri-Bababudangiri-Kemmangundi route.

You can find some more info in the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2517440 (Weekend trip to Chikmagalur)

3. Have no idea about Hunkal woods. Its location kind of complicates your itinerary though. It is right at the foothills of Bababudangiri but to reach the mountain you have to take a long round about. It is better if you check with your hosts for the best itinerary
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trip to Kemmangundi zaks Route / Travel Queries 43 18th November 2016 15:21
Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur B.R.S.Rao Travelogues 6 12th May 2014 22:20
Swifted : Bisle, Belur, Halebid, Chikmagalur, Kemmangundi laluks Travelogues 134 28th January 2010 22:47
Bnagalore to KemmanGundi (Chikmagalur) gogo_gogo Travelogues 4 10th August 2009 16:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks