Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 00:36   #1
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 611
Thanked: 1,575 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Erode to Nagarhole..route help?

Need some help regarding the route from Erode to Kabini/Nagarhole NP.
I am planning to take the route via Bhavani-Sathyamangalam-Chamrajnagar-Begur-Sargur? Any idea about road conditions? Is there better alternative?
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 06:58   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,600
Thanked: 8,589 Times
Default Re: Erode to Nagarhole..route help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Need some help regarding the route from Erode to Kabini/Nagarhole NP.
I am planning to take the route via Bhavani-Sathyamangalam-Chamrajnagar-Begur-Sargur? Any idea about road conditions? Is there better alternative?
Bhavani-Sathyamangalam-Chamrajnagar-Nanjangud-Mysore-Kabini,

Decent roads. Mysore-Nanjangud is being patched as per what I heard in this forum.

Nanjangud-Chamrajnagar may have some rough patches, but doable.

Dont enter Mysore. Take left on ORR (which says turn left to Bangalore, when you hit the ORR from 212). Once on ORR you can take the HD Kote road exit to Kabini.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 16:14   #3
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 611
Thanked: 1,575 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Erode to Nagarhole..route help?

thanks ampere, I've heard that the chamarajnagar-nanjungudu sector is horrible..so planning to take the chamarajnagar-begur-kabini...better roads i believe
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 17:33   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Erode to Nagarhole..route help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
thanks ampere, I've heard that the chamarajnagar-nanjungudu sector is horrible..so planning to take the chamarajnagar-begur-kabini...better roads i believe
Another alternative from Chamrajanagara is this
Chamarajanagar-T.Narasipura-Mysore-Hunsuru-Nagarahole

Roads are very good from T.Narasipura to Hunasuru. I'm not sure of the first 15kms from Chamarajanagar, but it gets decent after that for sure. I'll update on the Hunsuru-Nagarhole stretch by 7-Mar when I'd be driving in that road.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 17:38   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,600
Thanked: 8,589 Times
Default Re: Erode to Nagarhole..route help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Another alternative from Chamrajanagara is this
Chamarajanagar-T.Narasipura-Mysore-Hunsuru-Nagarahole

Roads are very good from T.Narasipura to Hunasuru. I'm not sure of the first 15kms from Chamarajanagar, but it gets decent after that for sure. I'll update on the Hunsuru-Nagarhole stretch by 7-Mar when I'd be driving in that road.

Prasad
Thats also a good option. NH212 is much better than Chamrajnagar to Nanjangud. Overall its a difference of 30km.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Bangalore- Kannur via Nagarhole anainar Route / Travel Queries 4 9th December 2009 09:21
Road Trip from Bangalore to Thandampalyam (Erode) snaronikar Travelogues 5 2nd May 2008 21:06
Bangalore to Erode - need help on route Nimz Route / Travel Queries 18 3rd October 2007 13:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks