Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 9th March 2011, 16:40   #1

Default Kolkata to Kiriburu/Meghataburu

Hi

I've been searching the net for some information on Kiriburu/Meghataburu - but all I was able to find was an article in The Telegraph.

It seems that I'll have to drive via Jamshedpur. Can anyone give me a better idea on this trip? Kolkata to Kiriburu/Meghataburu - the route and the road conditions?

Thanx and regards
Arijit
arijit72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 19:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Kolkata to Kiriburu/Meghataburu

^^^
Hi,
I think adc has done this route. He might have missed this thread. Drop him a PM.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 20:58   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Kolkata to Kiriburu/Meghataburu

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit72 View Post
I've been searching the net for some information on Kiriburu/Meghataburu - but all I was able to find was an article in The Telegraph. It seems that I'll have to drive via Jamshedpur. Can anyone give me a better idea on this trip?
Dear Sir,
This January I have driven up to Jamshedpur from Calcutta and returned. The road was fair all the way up to Galudih (via Baharagora), with few occasional potholes. But beyond that the last forty KM up to Tata was little worse. But it is manageable, if you are a bit careful about the potholes. There is nothing much to worry, as I am sure you have experienced much worse roads.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas
Calcutta.
rahul4640 is online now   Reply With Quote