Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th May 2017, 10:47   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Cochin - Kodaikanal (Eat outs, Route)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Thanks a lot Johnny. Did a cursory glance on gmaps and it definitely looks promising. I take it that the roads will be equally, if not more scenic than the Rajakkad- Chinnakanal route.
For a more scenic but longer by some 35-40 kms route, I would suggest Muvattupuzha - Thodupuzha (bypass0 - Karimannur - Udumbannoor - Uppukunnu - Cheruthoni - Senkulam - Anachal - Kunchithanni - Gap road -Chinnakanal. Hope the recent showers made the area more green.
JohnnyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:45   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Cochin - Kodaikanal (Eat outs, Route)

Hello Fellas,

Bumping an old thread.

I'm planning a drive next month mostly covering the places discussed in this thread and wanted some expert opinions on road conditions and available options to stay and all that. Hope you guys can help me out.

My plan is to start from Thrissur and do a loop through Kumarakom - Vagamon - Kodaikanal - Thrissur. Here is a google map layout of the loop:
Name:  tcrvgmnkodaitcr.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  154.6 KB
  • Day 1: Thrissur to Kumarakom (Rest of the day spend enjoying backwater and local sightseeing)
  • Day 2: Kumarakom to Vagamon (Rest of the day spend enjoying backwater and local sightseeing) - Not sure if there are too many places in Vagamon to explore for more than a day
  • Day 3: Vagamon to Kodaikanal
  • Day 4: Kodaikanal
  • Day 5: Kodaikanal - Thrissur

Now I wanted to see how good the roads are. It looks like it is easier to get accommodation figured out in Kumarakom and Kodaikanal but I do not see a lot of options to stay in Vagamon. Let me know what you all think? Should I break at Vagamon or drive ahead till Kumili and stop for the day?

Hope the experts can help me with some pointers.

Cheers,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   Reply With Quote