Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2006, 21:27   #121
BHPian
 
adit1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Brother, if you get a normal cam, why on earth would you want to buy a Vtec. That engine is worthless without the Vtec system. The whole magic of the engine is in the cam. The Vtec basically has a variable cam system, which changes the cam profile. Any other non-Vtec cam would just render it impotent.
not for me a friend wanted for his city and hence i wanted anapprox costing
adit1329 is offline  
Old 15th March 2006, 19:39   #122
BHPian
 
adit1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

it has been 4 long months that i have been hunting up a VTEC......the car is so hard to come by...

i must have seen something like 8 cars in the 4 months and all of them suck...all have been badly used and all expect high prices for them....

i came across one dark blue vtec reg number 9001, 2003 make and it was in good shape....

all the dealers i visited promptly called me and showed me the same car..

around 8 dealers in bangalore showed the same car to me, i felt something must be fishy...

wolf, through his contact at honda service center found that a tree fell on the car and the whole shell had been changed and the driver had been killed ....

well as the saying goes it pays to be patient..
adit1329 is offline  
Old 15th March 2006, 20:11   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
it has been 4 long months that i have been hunting up a VTEC......the car is so hard to come by...

i must have seen something like 8 cars in the 4 months and all of them suck...all have been badly used and all expect high prices for them....

i came across one dark blue vtec reg number 9001, 2003 make and it was in good shape....

all the dealers i visited promptly called me and showed me the same car..

around 8 dealers in bangalore showed the same car to me, i felt something must be fishy...

wolf, through his contact at honda service center found that a tree fell on the car and the whole shell had been changed and the driver had been killed ....

well as the saying goes it pays to be patient..
Reminds the days before I bought my Swift.

I was desperate for a HONDA City. Dealers will call me and say the regn number before they talk further to get an answer from me, whether I had seen the car or not. 80% of the times, I say 'yes, I know the car'

I was in the hunt unsucessfully for almost 1-1.5 yrs. BAD DAYS that needs to be forget, but I have learnt a lot with that experience. Not only on used cars, but also about persons
Surprise is online now  
Old 15th March 2006, 20:24   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Why not try the honda dealer himself. the guys maybe able to direct you to a well maintained example.

. its tough to get a well maintained performance car in good condition.

BTW You can get a new palio at the same price that performs equally well.

Try for a newer car with high mileage. that may help.

just my two cents.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 15th March 2006 at 20:27.
devarshi84 is offline  
Old 15th March 2006, 20:32   #125
BHPian
 
adit1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

nope, no palio for me.....

fiat ASS sucks and also the spares are expensive...

it is performance i am looking for and a VTEC is my goal

i have fallen in love with the car......
adit1329 is offline  
Old 15th March 2006, 20:40   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
The Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,116
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329

it is performance i am looking for and a VTEC is my goal

i have fallen in love with the car......
You are just another Vtec fanatic I can say!!!
The Wolf is offline  
Old 15th March 2006, 21:02   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
nope, no palio for me.....

fiat ASS sucks and also the spares are expensive...

it is performance i am looking for and a VTEC is my goal

i have fallen in love with the car......

you are a vtec fan which I respect but

Fiat ASS doesnt suck as much as people say. I am personally a victim but still its not that bad. And no the spares are not expensive.

as I said try to ask the Honda dealer itself. they maybe able to help.
devarshi84 is offline  
Old 15th March 2006, 21:08   #128
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,300
Thanked: 23,826 Times
Default

Now chaps, stick to the original topic and keep Fiat out of this thread. After a long debate, adit1329 has decided on a Honda City 1.5 VTec. If you can help him get a good deal, post your replies. Irrelevant replies are not welcome.
Aditya is online now  
Old 16th March 2006, 00:32   #129
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Adit i suggest u pay a visit to my house once .. There is a spanking dark blue VTEC registration ending with 555 parked two lanes across mine .. Very well maintained and driven mostly by a lady .. Trust me u will fall in love with this car on 1st sight .. Its probably the best maintained VTEC in bangy ..

Well its upto u to go upto her and ask her if she is willing to sell the car , it might work for all u know .. This was the way iceman ended up selling his beauty u know ?? So who knows , u could get really lucky ..
mclaren1885 is offline  
Old 16th March 2006, 00:35   #130
BHPian
 
adit1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Adit i suggest u pay a visit to my house once .. There is a spanking dark blue VTEC registration ending with 555 parked two lanes across mine .. Very well maintained and driven mostly by a lady .. Trust me u will fall in love with this car on 1st sight .. Its probably the best maintained VTEC in bangy ..

Well its upto u to go upto her and ask her if she is willing to sell the car , it might work for all u know .. This was the way iceman ended up selling his beauty u know ?? So who knows , u could get really lucky ..
keep watching this space for a surprise.....
adit1329 is offline  
Old 16th March 2006, 01:52   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
keep watching this space for a surprise.....

well we are waiting for the surprise and i hope it comes soon.. anyways was just visiting the dealers for a used car around 15 days back and saw some good vtecs..
national Motors near garuda mall has 2 Vtecs for sale priced around 4.5L to 5L
and Classic Motors near the RT nagar Underbridge has a vtec for 5L..
check it out.. they were good.I suggest you test drive them too..
Godfather is offline  
Old 16th March 2006, 11:06   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

tough luck finding a vtec in good condition.

try finding one with low mileage.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 16th March 2006 at 11:07.
devarshi84 is offline  
Old 16th March 2006, 12:08   #133
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
keep watching this space for a surprise.....
I see that he has/or nearly finalised a deal .. Good luck bro , see u soon at the weekend meets ..
mclaren1885 is offline  
Old 16th March 2006, 12:27   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
tough luck finding a vtec in good condition
U just wait n watch pal. Nothing is impossible if you give it some time.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline  
Old 16th March 2006, 12:35   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
U just wait n watch pal. Nothing is impossible if you give it some time.

Shan2nu

Agreed!! There is a certain school of thought that believes that if u give a monkey a typewriter, eventually almost surely it will type out all the works of Shakespeare!!

On a somewhat related topic, how much does a 1.3 OHC resell for?

Cheers
Amitoj
amitoj is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NHC-Vtec or OHC Vtec..which is a better buy? sunith Sedans 4 2nd May 2006 21:25
Vtec or Baleno BUSA The Indian Car Scene 15 9th March 2006 07:25
Indian vtec 106 bhp  Thai Vtec 120 bhp ajmat The Indian Car Scene 7 7th March 2006 18:21
Which car is faster? Baleno or Vtec? speedfreak7116 Sedans 122 30th September 2005 22:25
Wanted: Used Honda City 1.5/VTEC and Maruti Baleno sonic Shifting gears 0 27th January 2005 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks