Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 3rd November 2012, 22:34   #196
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fish me out of this 15 lac soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
My monthly running is about 1000-1500 kms ~
Will i be getting an extra ordinary deal at time ?
- Around a 1000km per month does not warrant a diesel IMHO, at least in this category of cars, where the price difference is 5~6L and it will take you more than 10-15 years just to recover the differential cost. Do the maths. As for lower resale, kindly remember that you are paying a substantial less upfront too. A Petrol with a quick shifting 6 speed manual transmission is still a dream of many a petrolheads - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2940062 (Mercedes C220 20,000kms Report. EDIT : Now 90,000 kms update!).
- Deals are usually quite substantial at that time of the year especially in the slow moving D segment of cars.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 17:19   #197
Senior - BHPian

Old 10th November 2012, 01:31   #198
BHPian

Finally Booked a VW Jetta Comfortline Diesel toffee brown.
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 09:41   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally Booked a VW Jetta Comfortline Diesel toffee brown.
Congratulations. Jetta is a well built car. I think the Superb may have been overshooting your budget. VW and Skodas are basically clones with very similar power trains, features and service networks.
Old 10th November 2012, 10:01   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
Congratulations. Jetta is a well built car. I think the Superb may have been overshooting your budget. VW and Skodas are basically clones with very similar power trains, features and service networks.
Thank you

Ya one of the reasons for not choosing superb was obviously the budget but above that i had this feeling of superb being a dated model.
It has the look for quite some time now.

So went in for a jetta diesel.
I am getting a deal of 18.29L from Ring Road Volkswagen Paschim Vihar.
satyamkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 02:50   #201
BHPian

You people might say that, i am out of my minds but ya i finally cancelled the jetta and booked the superb 1.8 TSI ambition.
I randomly did a test drive of the car and i was so impressed by the luxury it offered and the over all it gave that i couldn't hold my self booking it.

Finally its a white superb that will be coming home.
satyamkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 09:46   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You people might say that, i am out of my minds but ya i finally cancelled the jetta and booked the superb 1.8 TSI ambition.

Finally its a white superb that will be coming home.
Congratulations again. Do post a detailed ownership review as it may well be a first Ambition trim on the forum.
Old 15th November 2012, 10:07   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Around a 1000km per month does not warrant a diesel IMHO, at least in this category of cars, where the price difference is 5~6L and it will take you more than 10-15 years just to recover the differential cost. Do the maths. As for lower resale, kindly remember that you are paying a substantial less upfront too. A Petrol with a quick shifting 6 speed manual transmission is still a dream of many a petrolheads - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2940062 (Mercedes C220 20,000kms Report. EDIT : Now 90,000 kms update!).
- Deals are usually quite substantial at that time of the year especially in the slow moving D segment of cars.
C220 which GTO owns is a CDI (Diesel)
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 10:08   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations again. Do post a detailed ownership review as it may well be a first Ambition trim on the forum.
Okay sir, i'll do that for sure.
I'll be getting my car probably sometime next week.
I couldn't opt for the colour of my choice because white was the only colour available with them on the ambition.
Old 15th November 2012, 10:17   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
C220 which GTO owns is a CDI (Diesel)
I knew that. It was more to the 6 speed manual gearbox that I was referring to in that thread, which most people seems to be shying away from nowadays in favour of automatics. And substituting a diesel with a free revving petrol will anything but further enhance the experience.
Quote:
Okay sir, i'll do that for sure.
I'll be getting my car probably sometime next week.
I couldn't opt for the colour of my choice because white was the only colour available with them on the ambition.
Are you in a hurry? If not, wait for the colour of your liking if you can. Also do a thorough PDI before saying OK to your car. Also remember that the Elegance trim gives so much more than the Ambition as I have detailed here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2957646 (Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny) . If the difference is just a lakh or around do consider that variant seriously. Because you will live with this car for a long time hopefully.

Last edited by dkaile : 15th November 2012 at 10:21.
Old 16th November 2012, 10:27   #206
BHPian

Quote:
I knew that. It was more to the 6 speed manual gearbox that I was referring to in that thread, which most people seems to be shying away from nowadays in favour of automatics. And substituting a diesel with a free revving petrol will anything but further enhance the experience.

Are you in a hurry? If not, wait for the colour of your liking if you can. Also do a thorough PDI before saying OK to your car. Also remember that the Elegance trim gives so much more than the Ambition as I have detailed here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2957646 (Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny) . If the difference is just a lakh or around do consider that variant seriously. Because you will live with this car for a long time hopefully.
I'll surely keep the PDI thing in mind.

The only reason that i opted for Ambition was the price that was offered to me.
I am getting the ambition at 18.60 L
I was already paying 18.29 for the Jetta Comfortline, so i gave it a thought and did a teat drive. Trust me even the ambition is way way better than the Comfortline.
You just can't compare the two car.
As far as elegance is concerned. There was a hure difference in terms of the prices.
They offered me a elegance at 22.50 L
Which was a steep jump from what i was already paying for the jetta.
Frankly speaking i am happy with the ambition, it does take care of all the basics.
It is for sure an upgrade for me from my accord.
Old 13th December 2012, 16:01   #207
Senior - BHPian

Default Good options to upgrading from Punto?

What would be a logical upgrade from a Punto 1.3 MJD EP? I need similar or better driving comfort, ride and handling and FE.

Thoughts ?
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 19:13   #208
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
What would be a logical upgrade from a Punto 1.3 MJD EP? I need similar or better driving comfort, ride and handling and FE.

Thoughts ?
You looking for hatch, sedan, SUV. Since you've written upgrade I am assuming its not a hatch this time (correct me if I'm wrong).

In sedans, I upgraded to Linea TJet and loving everybit of it. So depending on how your experience has been with Fiat (overall), you could wait go in for the Linea 1.3-MJD / 1.4-TJET (low FE) or wait for the 1.6MJD to be launched. You could go a segment higher and get the Skoda Laura, its a good performer with similar ride characteristics too. Our fellow BHPian .ANSHUMAN (hope I spelt it right), has both the Punto and the Laura and has drawn comparisons in a thread too.

If you are looking for something bigger and for comfort, ride and handling etc the Renault Duster should be most suitable.

But then I guess it would be easier to give our thoughts if you could explain what is your definition of "upgrade"

Happy Hunting!
Zenster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 19:17   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

Thoughts ?
headers, it would depend on the budget as well.

Entry level Sedan : Rapid/Fiesta (Rapid definitely wears the VFM tag here).

SUV : Outlander ticks all the boxes except for FE.

The executive sedan segment (D1), are mostly tuned for passenger comfort. As pointed by our beloved Yeti, Superb takes the cake.

We can keep going higher to the big-3 segment, where my vote would go for the 4th (Volvo).

So, which car you taking us for a long drive on ?
aqualeo2040 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 20:53   #210
Senior - BHPian

Budget maybe 15..Have mixed opinions about the Laura, though I am inclined to it.

Need a Diesel due to daily travel. Spend around 5 to 7 hours a daily on the road, hence the comfort, road feedback, NVH, Handling etc are a big plus rather than looks or other features. A good GC is great to have.

A mobile connection synced to car OE audio is a must have feature. Not sure if the laura has it.

Need large service intervals atleast 10K, decent service backup in Chennai.

How is the Jetta compared to the Laura ?

Duster has pathetic interiors and I am not sure I'll be comfortable for a long time in it.

Last edited by headers : 13th December 2012 at 20:55.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote