Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 12th February 2013, 21:02   #286
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c

Am pretty much in the same boat as you. Want to buy an AT myself and have been waiting for a while now for a car that is a perfect combination of performance, handling and safety feature and had almost decided on going with the Cruze until I saw the new Octavia. Have been waiting for the last 6 months, so what is another 2 or 3 months. If I can get the car that I want, at the price that I want, then it would be well worth the wait. At least that is what I tell myself .
A friend of mine is now in the same boat. My only gripe with the new Octavia is the Skoda A*S*S*
How does it compare with Chevrolet if going with the Cruze?
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 23:38   #287
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Fish me out of this 15 lac soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
A friend of mine is now in the same boat. My only gripe with the new Octavia is the Skoda A*S*S*
What I heard on ACI is the spec would span a TSI at 180 bhp and a TDI at 150. So definitely it would be worth waiting.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 18:15   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the Skoda A.S.S was one of the big reasons I wasn't even considering a Skoda until the new Octavia was announced. Let's just hope that the car is so good that it makes buying it worth it even if the A.S.S is a bit dodgy. And just going by the sheer number of Skodas on the road (at least here in Hyderabad), the A.S.S can't be that bad, or so I would like to think .
sunny310c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 19:45   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Cruze is good for two things:

1. Brute power: 163 bhp
2. Styling: Some people find it imposing and attractive (I am not one of them)

Can't think of anything else good about the Cruze. And the quality levels are appalling; I find the Vento and Verna to similar, if not better, interior quality levels. And I can't think of too many reasons apart from 'quality' and 'size' that a typical D segment car offers over C segment cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Well, the Skoda A.S.S was one of the big reasons I wasn't even considering a Skoda until the new Octavia was announced. Let's just hope that the car is so good that it makes buying it worth it even if the A.S.S is a bit dodgy. And just going by the sheer number of Skodas on the road (at least here in Hyderabad), the A.S.S can't be that bad, or so I would like to think .
It's not that great from what I've heard. However, it's certainly not as bad as we it out to be. With me, the only other car I am considering is the Jetta, so I don't gain much there in terms of A.S.S either

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 13th February 2013 at 19:51.
Abhi_Automobile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 20:30   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,

Twist in the tale..I've been offered the Jetta CL TDI for 15 lakhs OTR excluding insurance (which I will get done by myself). This is with Chandigarh registration (1.8-2 lacs off on 2012 model. I personally couldn't care less about the 2012 thingy coz I won't sell it for many years)

All in all, with the current deal, the Jetta CL is way more VFM than the Octavia will ever be. So, the million Rupee question: Should I go for the Jetta CL right now?
hey abhi, i am about to book Jetta CL Brown, and came across your thread; i am getting 1.25l cash discount + 25k corporate as best offer; without insurance i am getting it @ 17L insurance not included with delhi reg; do you know any dealer offering better discounts?

Thanks, RP
faskback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 19:37   #291
BHPian

Quote:
hey abhi, i am about to book Jetta CL Brown, and came across your thread; i am getting 1.25l cash discount + 25k corporate as best offer; without insurance i am getting it @ 17L insurance not included with delhi reg; do you know any dealer offering better discounts?
Dear Fastback,
Could you please inform the name of the dealer who is giving this offer?
Thanks.
rednikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 18:55   #292
Senior - BHPian

How is the new Cruze AT? Especially on the highway? Handling, Braking, Top speed?

How does the new Fluidic Elantra Diesel Automatic with 6 speed compare?

Cheers
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 21:04   #293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
How is the new Cruze AT? Especially on the highway? Handling, Braking, Top speed?

Cheers
I am sure you know both are very different cars. Elantra is a good chauffeur driven car while Cruze is a driver's delight.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 7th April 2013 at 21:07.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 01:08   #294
BHPian

For highway between cruze at and elantra at cruze is miles ahead in terms of driver involvement and bringing a broad smile to your face whenever you rip it.
drchernish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 12:41   #295
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

Cheers
The Elantra AT will be more fun in the City while the Cruz will be more fun on the highway.

Hyundai service network would have an edge. Elantra is presently the best seller in the segment.

Elantra Diesel does not have a punch the way the Cruz does but it is quite fine for city driving. If most of the driving is in the city then it might make for a better purchase overall inspite of our natural instinct to check out how a vehicle goes on the road. The Cruz would also handle better on the highway and at high speeds but the Elantra is reasonably planted upto reasonable speeds.
ACM is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 18:58   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Elantra AT will be more fun in the City while the Cruz will be more fun on the highway.

Hyundai service network would have an edge. Elantra is presently the best seller in the segment.

Elantra Diesel does not have a punch the way the Cruz does but it is quite fine for city driving. If most of the driving is in the city then it might make for a better purchase overall inspite of our natural instinct to check out how a vehicle goes on the road. The Cruz would also handle better on the highway and at high speeds but the Elantra is reasonably planted upto reasonable speeds.
Thanks - The Hyundai Dealers in Chennai have been elusive for a AT TD for the elantra for the past 3 months.

I generally am inbetween 140 and 160 on the highways and would like to know which is better.

Looks like the Cruze - The Chevy dealer in Chennai KLN does not have the new engine AT for TD but only the old one.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 10:43   #297
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Thanks - The Hyundai Dealers in Chennai have been elusive for a AT TD for the elantra for the past 3 months.

I generally am inbetween 140 and 160 on the highways and would like to know which is better.

Looks like the Cruze - The Chevy dealer in Chennai KLN does not have the new engine AT for TD but only the old one.
Between 140-160 on highways Cruz would be better. But I seriously must suggest that such speeds be avoided for longer periods. As though the car can handle such speeds in case of tyre bust situations which can happen for a varienty of reasons beyound ones control one is a goner.

The Laura and Jetta both would be better at such high speeds and would then suggest the Jetta instead, since the Octavia is coming soon.
ACM is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 11:00   #298
Senior - BHPian

For anyone in the 15L soup, I would seriously suggest them to wait for the new Octavia which would be a cracker of a overall package. For people in the 10L soup, I believe Vento TDI Highline is the best bet now with a nice BT enabled RCD 320 HU and Climatronic Auto AC which is lacking even in the Jetta.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 19:34   #299
BHPian

Hey guys, going in for a new diesel sedan.I have narrowed it down to Fluence and Cruze. Both Cost almost the same. I live in the hills of ooty, and often travel to bangalore and coimbatore. Which car would you suggest? I like the power of cruze but its a bit cramped inside. FLuence is refreshing,spacious and looks elegant but lacks power.
Any suggestions?
DocRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 10:23   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
Hey guys, going in for a new diesel sedan.I have narrowed it down to Fluence and Cruze. Both Cost almost the same. I live in the hills of ooty, and often travel to bangalore and coimbatore. Which car would you suggest? I like the power of cruze but its a bit cramped inside. FLuence is refreshing,spacious and looks elegant but lacks power.
Any suggestions?
Jetta should be your best bet as its spacious, powerful, got looks n good handler.

If you are staying in ooty you should test drive yeti aswell for those occasional mild off roading.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote