Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 12th July 2012, 14:22   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fish me out of this 15 lac soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Website says "Climatic" Air conditioner which on further investigation leads to this VW - Air-conditioning and climate control
Thank you. IIRC, it was the same climatic a/c in the new Jetta - from the beginning, and not a recent update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
I wouldnt go by Autocar India's review.
Well, even I am not interested in what they give as the final verdict. But these reviews help to have a view of the features and back to back, and arrive at one's own opinion.

Last edited by vb-san : 12th July 2012 at 14:26. Reason: Additional quote included
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 16:41   #107
BHPian

Autocar reviews are generally of the opinion that you should buy the best car but they dont factor in value for money card with that much weight as would normal car buying public.If someone is stretching his budget of 15 lakhs by one lakh and going in for a more upmarket car it does not mean he should stretch further his budget by 2 lakhs and go for the best.For example I was contemplating on buying a cruze Ltz-after a price increase it comes very near to discounted Laura hence tilting my decision towards laura but cannot go for Jetta as its not discounted and a price difference of 2.5 lakhs for similarly equipped model as cruze does not seem sensible so for me its most probably Laura(final decision pending).
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 16:08   #108
BHPian

Does anyone know the ongoing discounts going on for Laura elegance MT,I am getting 30 k plus 25k( corporate). I think the discount should be more as this model is on its last leg. What does Team Bhp think? When can we expect the new laura(Octavia)?
Old 17th July 2012, 16:25   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Does anyone know the ongoing discounts going on for Laura elegance MT,I am getting 30 k plus 25k( corporate). I think the discount should be more as this model is on its last leg. What does Team Bhp think? When can we expect the new laura(Octavia)?
Octavia III(next gen Laura) is atleast a year away, that too if Skoda decides to immediately bring the car to our market.

I do not know about fresh stock. 2011 manufactured cars are going for discounts as high as 2 lakh rupees, my cousin picked a DSG last month. Also look at Skoda Yeti, a very capable car, available at very good discount at places.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 18:33   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish
This was June offer on Laura Diesel.
Now in July, dealers in Mumbai are offering free skoda shield (around 75-80k) + 17.5k corp discount.
vishaltanksale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 17:44   #111
BHPian

Drove the new cruze today and liked it very much.Sure it cannot match the interior quality and spaciousness of Laura but has superior refinement drove just as well and very good equipment list.The negatives in Laura are its name(i live in U.P),costly service and spares,costlier by 1.3 lakhs(elegance) and the model is on its last leg.2013 octavia 3 is already ready to be launched next year.Someone had reported about a newer Cruze being launched around Diwali with better lights and multimedia system with touch screen-any confirmation on that??
Old 19th July 2012, 20:37   #112
BHPian

Need vehicle to be reliable and giving hassle-free ownership of 6-7 yrs. Currently own a Honda City Zxi and very happy with the reliability and service of Honda. Don' regret the premium I paid in 2006 as I believe it has paid itself in last 6 yrs.

My driving is going to be 75% city self driven

Thoroughly confused between the Corolla and Jetta (Diesels)....
LonelyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 20:52   #113
BHPian

Reliability and hassle free sadly don't go with Germans-they are more expensive to maintain and are not recommended for long term keep after warranty expires.You(Lonely Planet) will be better with Toyota Gm and Hyundai(read altis cruze and elantra).
drchernish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 18:07   #114
BHPian

The decision is made- Going for a black Laura MT elegance. Hope I am not going to regret the service woes afterwards. Cruze didn't make it because of interior plastics and being at almost same price point as Laura. With the new upgrade Cruze has lost its ace points- low price and stonker of an engine. What are the accessories I should be considering?Good quality mats ( 3d) and tyre swap to Michelin. Anything else ??
Old 30th July 2012, 11:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
The decision is made- Going for a black Laura MT elegance. Hope I am not going to regret the service woes afterwards. Cruze didn't make it because of interior plastics and being at almost same price point as Laura. With the new upgrade Cruze has lost its ace points- low price and stonker of an engine. What are the accessories I should be considering?Good quality mats ( 3d) and tyre swap to Michelin. Anything else ??
Congratulations on your purchase decision! Now that you have decided to buy the car in spite of service, then it's time to just stop thinking about of service and just enjoy the decision, and the car.

The Cruze is more punchy and fun to drive - but since your consideration set includes interior quality etc pretty high on the list, it is beaten by a mile by the Laura. Stop worrying about the decision now -- just do a thorough PDI, and you should be sorted.

Congratulations!
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:32   #116
BHPian

Well a sad update about my Skoda booking.I had enquired in my city about Skoda Laura and also in Delhi.The diff in discounts were huge even for a 2012 car.So decided to buy from Delhi.Coordinated with Skoda Delhi and everything was fixed.Meanwhile Skoda in my city got whiff of my plans and complained to Skoda India about some dealer infringement rights well the net result was that I was refused the car in delhi upon landing there.all the trip went in vain.Most sorry thing was that Skoda delhi hid from me this fact till late evening and the truth was disclosed very late after some calls were made from the right people.After this fiasco i was very displeased with all these practices and refused skoda delhi of providing me a car with Delhi address because knew that for after sales service i would have to contact Skoda in my city.So cancelled my plans and came vowing that would never deal with these Skoda people.Now looking at Cruze and Elantra.
drchernish is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:55   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well a sad update about my Skoda booking.I had enquired in my city about Skoda Laura and also in Delhi.The diff in discounts were huge even for a 2012 car.So decided to buy from Delhi.Coordinated with Skoda Delhi and everything was fixed.Meanwhile Skoda in my city got whiff of my plans and complained to Skoda India about some dealer infringement rights well the net result was that I was refused the car in delhi upon landing there.all the trip went in vain.Most sorry thing was that Skoda delhi hid from me this fact till late evening and the truth was disclosed very late after some calls were made from the right people.After this fiasco i was very displeased with all these practices and refused skoda delhi of providing me a car with Delhi address because knew that for after sales service i would have to contact Skoda in my city.So cancelled my plans and came vowing that would never deal with these Skoda people.Now looking at Cruze and Elantra.
Ouch! This seems to be a typical problem with Skoda.
Dealers in different cities seem to be offering varied discounts. I had similar issues when I bought my Laura last year. Discounts offered by Mumbai dealers was higher than Bangalore dealers. I was given some BS reasoning which did not cut ice. But I didn't bother so much and went with the dealer who offered the best price here in Bangalore. It helps to have two dealers in your city.

Seems to me the Delhi dealer was prohibited to sell the car to you after the dealer in your city complained to Skoda. But they did not reveal it to you as they would have felt confident of convincing you to register the car on a Delhi address.

I don't think you need to worry so much for your servicing needs as the service team is totally different from the sales team. When you go to them for service, they open a new job card in your name and from where you have bought the car is immaterial. After all servicing is also a business for them and you are a customer from whom they will generate revenue. I don't think they can refuse service as they will be hauled up for this by Skoda. As a customer you have the right to get your car serviced from any dealer in the country, and not just the dealer from where you bought the car.

Anyways, serves them right. Customer is the king.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 2nd August 2012 at 13:00.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 17:24   #118
BHPian

Well so as to continue this thread further with a very bad taste of Skoda in my mouth I am now looking at cruze and elantra. Both these dealers are my close friend and will be getting the best in service from them. Now can we continue this thread as Cruze vs Elantra thread?
Even if Skoda in my city offer me a good deal then also I am not going in their direction because have seen their shady character side. Jetta is too expensive in comfort line trim and don't expect very good service from them too as a request for testdrive a month back has meant with zero response. Good cars bad dealers- what a great combination. Pity manufacturers who spend billions of dollars to make world class cars and are spoilt by their scrupulous dealers.
drchernish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:50   #119
BHPian

Quote:
See, A leopard never sheds its spots...!!! If we expect good customer care from Skoda, we are mistaken. In-spite of all these shoddy treatment, they still get good sales figures in Indian.

Please register your complaint with skoda website and if you have any friends in Media too, inform them. Or even raise the issue in Bloomberg TV's consumer forum. Make a ruksuk for your issue is genuine.
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 23:48   #120
BHPian

Well to continue this thread forward need to decide between cruze and elantra. Completed a dream run with verna Vgt for 70000 kms-only routine services. The only minus was its boaty feeling at high speeds which resulted in my wife complaining as she has a weak vestibular system, so now deciding between elantra n cruze . Both are fully loaded and I have good contacts with both dealers-which one do you recommend ? Please no Europeans as both Skoda n Volskwagen have disappointed me pre booking God knows what would happen after buying-shudder to think.