Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 22:22   #46
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Whats the price of the gold care package ? Couldn't find any details from the manza website or net ! Can you please explain more !
I'm getting the gold care package free. The dealer costed it at Rs.10,000 when he spoke to me.

Here's the excel comparison of the costs to me. Manza quotes from Rama Motors Okhla Delhi and Verito quotes from Koncept Safdarjung Delhi.

I'm going in for the Manza. Going to the dealer tomorrow for last minute negotiations. Will keep all posted.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Car comparison.xlsx (16.4 KB, 820 views)
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 10:27   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TS
Posts: 700
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Here's the excel comparison of the costs to me. Manza quotes from Rama Motors Okhla Delhi and Verito quotes from Koncept Safdarjung Delhi.

I'm going in for the Manza. Going to the dealer tomorrow for last minute negotiations. Will keep all posted.
There are a few doubts which crop up in my mind after seeing the excel :

1) The insurance should normally be done @ 90 % of the actual cost of vehicle hence the insurance cost difference of Verito D6 and Manza Elan would be negligible since they are costing you more or less the same. You have used the dealer quoted prices.

2) Extended Warranty for 3rd and 4th year for Verito is 6,900 and not 14,500. This is fixed by the company and not dealer.

3) Mahindras offer 7,500 exchange bonus (June 2011 rates) whereas you have shown Nil. This is company rule and not dealer specific.

4) Since you are exchanging an old car for a new one, the insurance will come down drastically because of NCB.

5) You will soon see Mahindra Veritos as Sky Cab Taxis (040 49 49 49 49) at Hyderabad airport. This company has got approval from Hyderabad Airport to run them in competition with Meru & Easy. This itself makes the decision so easy because of Thumbs Down to Verito.

Best Of Luck with the Elan and do let us have the ownership review soon.
hyd_traveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 10:59   #48
BHPian
 
fuel_addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 688
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Barring the typical niggles associated with a Tata vehicle, the Manza appears to be a more complete car with oodles of leg room and gizmos. The 1.3L "national" diesel engine in the Manza is tried and tested.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 15:40   #49
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
There are a few doubts which crop up in my mind after seeing the excel :

1) The insurance should normally be done @ 90 % of the actual cost of vehicle hence the insurance cost difference of Verito D6 and Manza Elan would be negligible since they are costing you more or less the same. You have used the dealer quoted prices.

2) Extended Warranty for 3rd and 4th year for Verito is 6,900 and not 14,500. This is fixed by the company and not dealer.

3) Mahindras offer 7,500 exchange bonus (June 2011 rates) whereas you have shown Nil. This is company rule and not dealer specific.

4) Since you are exchanging an old car for a new one, the insurance will come down drastically because of NCB.

5) You will soon see Mahindra Veritos as Sky Cab Taxis (040 49 49 49 49) at Hyderabad airport. This company has got approval from Hyderabad Airport to run them in competition with Meru & Easy. This itself makes the decision so easy because of Thumbs Down to Verito.

Best Of Luck with the Elan and do let us have the ownership review soon.
Thanks for your feedback Hyd_traveller. Much appreciated. I'm giving my response to your recommendation/queries
1) That is right. These are dealer prices. I guess they may go up or down a bit when I take the final quotes. Do you think I should do it separately from an insurance company or go with the dealer?
2) The VErito Website shows 3rd and 4th year warranty together at 12700. Rs.6900 covers only the 3rd year. Attached: Extended Warranty
3) The exchange bonus is included in the Rs.40,000 resale price as per the dealer. I'll check this again with him.
4) No NCB in my old car. I've made a claim on the trot for the last two years.
5) I stay in Delhi and am neutral to Verito being seen as a cab in Hyderabad.

Thanks for your wishes hyd_traveller. I'm going to Rama Motors tomorrow to seal the Elan deal. Will keep you posted.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 16:06   #50
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Would love to, time permitting but will not matter to me whether its the first one or the nth one for a Verito.I just love the car and its VFM factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Adding my part of the confusion

If it was my money[/b]
I would go for Mahindra Verito D6
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

IMO go for MANZA anytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The Manza has a very plush ride at city speeds, and it won't be a deal breaker on the highway either. So you might as well go for the better interiors and oodles of cabin space.
PS: Being in Delhi, you don't care about what others think of your cars? Naiice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Suggest you go for the Manza - It today is the highest selling vehicle in the TATA range save for the Nano in some months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Plus 1 to what ACM says.

Most other factors which would be of value to you also seem to favour Manza.
Update -
I went to Rama Motors, Okhla today morning to finalise the car. Unfortunately, the sales representative refused to stick to the earlier commitment of Rs.7.80 lacs (post exchange of my Corsa). He revised the price upward to Rs.7.95 lacs and also refused to provide the committed accessorites (steering cover, gear lock, antirust and teflon coating). Effectively, the cost goes up by an addnl 25K. I told the manager of Rama Motors that I need to rethink and that going back on commitment is not such a nice thing to do (the quote unfortunately is not on paper). Looks like I'll need to spend Rs.8.1 lacs for the vehicle (net of Corsa exchange) vs Rs.7.5 lacs for the Verito. See attached excel.

I'm going to hold off for a week to decide. Will keep all posted. Thanks for all your help.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Car comparison.xlsx (14.8 KB, 569 views)

Last edited by raj_srini : 19th June 2011 at 16:20.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 17:32   #51
BHPian
 
Poitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 3rdRockFmTheSun
Posts: 850
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Update -
I went to Rama Motors, Okhla today morning to finalise the car. Unfortunately, the sales representative refused to stick to the earlier commitment of Rs.7.80 lacs (post exchange of my Corsa). He revised the price upward to Rs.7.95 lacs and also refused to provide the committed accessorites (steering cover, gear lock, antirust and teflon coating). Effectively, the cost goes up by an addnl 25K. I told the manager of Rama Motors that I need to rethink and that going back on commitment is not such a nice thing to do (the quote unfortunately is not on paper). Looks like I'll need to spend Rs.8.1 lacs for the vehicle (net of Corsa exchange) vs Rs.7.5 lacs for the Verito. See attached excel.

I'm going to hold off for a week to decide. Will keep all posted. Thanks for all your help.
1. This is a lesson for all of us. That such things can and do happen. (Reminder to self: Talk to the manager or try and get a written quote)

2. Raj, you may want to try other dealerships, which may offer you a better deal.

3. In general, one would get a much lower price when selling (despite what they call the exchange bonus) to new car showrooms. One usually gets best value if sold directly to the new owner. If not, then go to some used car dealers (keep in mind that if there are a few dealers in within a stone's throw of each other, they usually would be like semi-cartels).

4. By putting in some hours into the above, you may reach a similar amount to pay for, as you had initially planned.

5. Government banks are usually supposed to offer the best rates for car loans. Have heard some good words about SBI, but no personal experience.

6. Living without some of the accessories (film, steering cover etc - which anyway can be put at some later stage if the need is really felt) may be a better idea than going in for a car one isn't keen on.

7. There was talk on this forum about how Anti-rust treatments aren't really needed. My experience (years back - it may have changed now) with Teflon coating wasn't particularly good either, and I usually don't bother anymore with subsequent cars.

It must be frustrating to be in this position, when one happily goes ahead to book a car after a lot of thought (and emotions, I presume) to end up with salesmen not honouring their commitments. However, try not to take a decision in frustration. You will be with this car for a long time.

All the best mate. Do keep us posted.

Edit: Not sure if you are aware of this thread, which may be somewhat relevant to you: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-deals-39.html (The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals)

Last edited by Poitive : 19th June 2011 at 17:45.
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 20:48   #52
BHPian
 
ajay387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 88
Thanked: 10 Times
Question Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Update -
I went to Rama Motors, Okhla today morning to finalise the car. Unfortunately, the sales representative refused to stick to the earlier commitment of Rs.7.80 lacs (post exchange of my Corsa). He revised the price upward to Rs.7.95 lacs and also refused to provide the committed accessorites (steering cover, gear lock, antirust and teflon coating). Effectively, the cost goes up by an addnl 25K. I told the manager of Rama Motors that I need to rethink and that going back on commitment is not such a nice thing to do (the quote unfortunately is not on paper). Looks like I'll need to spend Rs.8.1 lacs for the vehicle (net of Corsa exchange) vs Rs.7.5 lacs for the Verito. See attached excel.

I'm going to hold off for a week to decide. Will keep all posted. Thanks for all your help.
What's Paid AMC, you have mentioned in the excel file ?
ajay387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 21:00   #53
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
What's Paid AMC, you have mentioned in the excel file ?
To compare the price of Verito with Manza, I had to make an estimate of the service charges I would pay for verito over the 3 years (Oil change, filter change etc. It's a rough estimate.) IN the case of Manza, for 3years, everything is taken care of by TATA.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 21:35   #54
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
3. In general, one would get a much lower price when selling (despite what they call the exchange bonus) to new car showrooms. One usually gets best value if sold directly to the new owner. If not, then go to some used car dealers (keep in mind that if there are a few dealers in within a stone's throw of each other, they usually would be like semi-cartels).
I have advertised my car details into a few websites for sale. Let's see what happens. Have also contacted a few local brokers. Thanks.

PS - My Silver Jubilee Post (50). Hope this carries some good news for me

Last edited by raj_srini : 19th June 2011 at 21:36. Reason: Details added.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 22:05   #55
BHPian
 
Poitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 3rdRockFmTheSun
Posts: 850
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

You seem to be thinking of a hill journey in your new set of wheels

Advertizing in newspaper classifieds would be a good idea. If taking too many calls is an issue, you could mention the expected price there itself. Many brokers too should then get in touch with you, rather than you looking out for them.

. If you have had a local mechanic look after your vehicle for long, you could spread the word through him too. He may be able to assure the potential buyer of how worthy your vehicle is.

Though I don't have an idea of Mahindra First choice and the likes, that is an option too.

All the above is based on my experiences from a long time back
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 22:59   #56
BHPian
 
torquecurve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 598
Thanked: 629 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Update -
I went to Rama Motors, Okhla today morning to finalise the car. Unfortunately, the sales representative refused to stick to the earlier commitment of Rs.7.80 lacs (post exchange of my Corsa). He revised the price upward to Rs.7.95 lacs and also refused to provide the committed accessorites (steering cover, gear lock, antirust and teflon coating). Effectively, the cost goes up by an addnl 25K. I told the manager of Rama Motors that I need to rethink and that going back on commitment is not such a nice thing to do (the quote unfortunately is not on paper). Looks like I'll need to spend Rs.8.1 lacs for the vehicle (net of Corsa exchange) vs Rs.7.5 lacs for the Verito. See attached excel.

I'm going to hold off for a week to decide. Will keep all posted. Thanks for all your help.

I was just browsing the Cwale website and came across the ad for TATA cars. Apparently Manza has a 45000 discount. Did you consider that for your ORP? If not you could check

Also suggest you look at other dealers to purchase your car.
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 14:24   #57
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,156
Thanked: 2,462 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Selling outside of the new car dealer should normally get you a better valuation for your old car even considering the loyalty / exchange bonus.

It pays to get two dealer to compete against each other for your order.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 15:05   #58
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
I was just browsing the Cwale website and came across the ad for TATA cars. Apparently Manza has a 45000 discount. Did you consider that for your ORP? If not you could check

Also suggest you look at other dealers to purchase your car.
I have factored this discount in the price calculations. I did get two dealers to compete and Rama was the better of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Selling outside of the new car dealer should normally get you a better valuation for your old car even considering the loyalty / exchange bonus.

It pays to get two dealer to compete against each other for your order.
Put my ads on a few online websites. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best sales price.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th June 2011 at 21:07. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 09:57   #59
BHPian
 
ajay387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 88
Thanked: 10 Times
Exclamation Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Put my ads on a few online websites. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best sales price.
All best with your sale !
Since you have decided to go for Gold care package of Rs.10,000 (3yrs/30,000), i assume your monthly running would be less as
3 yrs - 30,000
1yr -10,000
Monthly - 800-900 km

In that case, why not opt for Safire Elan (Petrol). The difference in price would be 1 lakh, you could use this for your fuel bills.
ajay387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 17:01   #60
BHPian
 
raj_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
In that case, why not opt for Safire Elan (Petrol). The difference in price would be 1 lakh, you could use this for your fuel bills.
Manza Petrol is a drag. No pick up. No acceleration. It's a dead man's car, in my view. Did not enjoye the drive one bit. I am seriously beginning to question my presumptions on diesel given my usage and the fact that I'm using the metro quite often these days for the daily commute to office.

Waiting to close my current car sale deal before making a decision.
raj_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Key decision points for Audi A4 versus Mercedes C220 versus BMW 320D ashishkashyap Luxury, Imports & Niche 40 30th April 2017 19:35
Comfortable Entry Level Sedan - Etios / Verito / Sail / Manza / Sunny? swiftnfurious Sedans 114 20th January 2014 09:14
Mahindra Logan, now known as the "Mahindra Verito" (Pics on Pg 4) GTO The Indian Car Scene 134 23rd November 2011 14:32
Tata Indica xeta versus Tata Vista SAFIRE 65 rohantn Hatchbacks 17 16th November 2011 01:53
Tata Vista versus Mahindra Xylo GTO The Indian Car Scene 139 17th September 2011 20:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks