Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 1st July 2016, 15:28   #196
BHPian

Cruze is in its 5th year done about 27000 Kms and ritz is in 7th year done 80000 Kms. Both cars are running fine. Cruze is a delight on highways and ritz in city. Problem is that my better half wants an automatic car for herself. Now don't want to increase the no. Off cars and so thinking of changing Cruze with creta at or ecosport at and ritz with ignis. That way wife can also drive and for occasional highway jaunts we can use her car also. Though she likes ecosport more I doubt about its luggage carrying capacity for a highway trip. Please advice!
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 15:34   #197
BHPian

Default Re: Automatic below 16 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Cruze is in its 5th year done about 27000 Kms and ritz is in 7th year done 80000 Kms. Both cars are running fine. Cruze is a delight on highways and ritz in city. Problem is that my better half wants an automatic car for herself. Now don't want to increase the no. Off cars and so thinking of changing Cruze with creta at or ecosport at and ritz with ignis. That way wife can also drive and for occasional highway jaunts we can use her car also. Though she likes ecosport more I doubt about its luggage carrying capacity for a highway trip. Please advice!
I feel you can still continue with Cruze as it has run only 27k KMs, which can be used by you and also on long drives. Secondly because it was not a market hit, you may end up losing more on depreciation.

You can sell Ritz and buy an automatic at the same level.
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 15:35   #198
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Automatic below 16 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Please advice!
Your Cruze has only done 27k kms. Buy it a brand new set of upgraded tyres, and keep the car. Nothing will feel as good on the highways. Creta's dead steering is not a pleasure on the highways and as much as has been said about the interior quality of the Cruze, it is still a league above the Creta. Keep the Cruze and just look at a small automatic car for city use
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 15:56   #199
BHPian

Thanks for quick replies. But the problem is that we absolutely need a small diesel car as a beater car which is used by me and my father for daily jobs and a quick dash to nearby villages where Cruze will be useless. Papa at his age is not comfortable driving the Cruze and will not be comfortable with creta diesel ( also a big car) So I think the best compromise between 3 drivers and two cars would be either ignis diesel + ecosport at or ecosport diesel + polo tsi or creta at diesel + ignis diesel. So confusing 😢
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote