Fiat Tjet 185 48.05%
Any other option 9 2.34%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th July 2011, 15:29   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
. As far as the "cant go wrong with Honda" comment is concerned, I would say you can't go wrong with buying a Hyundai either. They are second best only to Maruti in the servicing department. Just that Hyundai's brand name isn't as much as a Honda.
Agreed, Hyundai isnt a bad name to reckon on service, though i have met owners who crib of Hyundai service. My neighbours Santro met with a accident damaging the front portion of his car and he had to park his car with dealership for 2 weeks for repairs - mind you this wasnt any major repairs. Imagine 2 weeks for some minor part replacements in a Bangalore Hyundai dealership!!

As far as Fiat goes, not sure if many know that Fiat was voted the 2nd in terms of Service levels next only to Maruti in the JD Power Survey of 2010. Its a pity that Fiat cant advertise due to JD Power requirements or something of the sort.

cheers
vinay
vinay_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 15:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Voted for T-Jet.

T Jet is the most exciting car to drive amongst the 3. Both ANHC and ANHV have softer suspensions and ANHC hits 80% of the bumps on the road, if not driven very carefully. Tata-Fiat A.S.S. is not as bad as it is perceived to be. Honda A.S.S. is great, but they have frequent service intervals and these are expensive.

Here's my categorization:

Total Fun to Drive:
Only T Jet

Rear seat Comfort:
1) ANHC. Best rear seat comfort in this segment, its a benchmark of rear seat comfort for me. Only closer candidate is the Manza's rear seat.
2) T Jet: Read through a BHPian's travelogue and how his parents(Age ~60) were absolutely comfortable and stress-free after a really long drive.
3) ANHV

Best overall package(Price to Feature comparo):
1) ANHV
2) T Jet
3) ANHC

Fuel Efficient:
1) ANHC: No doubt whatsoever. iVtec is rocking.
No idea which is more fuel effiecient between T-jet and ANHV.

Looks:
1) T-Jet (personal favorite)
2) ANHV
3) ANHC

Price-wise:
1) ANHC
2) ANHV
3) T-Jet

P.S. WHY NOT VENTO? Such a darling of a car. With this budget, you can get the fully loaded Vento Highline petrol.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 11th July 2011 at 15:45.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 16:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Petrol engine
Reasonably good power, although his driving would be 60-70% in city
Not very particular of high end specs like alloys or leather
ABS, Airbags and safety features high on list
Budget is around 10.5lacs on road bangalore
ANHC meets most of the requirements and makes sense now with the price cut, also this will have better resale i feel than T-jet.

Only -ve point is ANHC interiors may not feel upto the mark to your friend ( you mentioned he did not like Fiesta interiors also)
vishygk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 16:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Voted for T-Jet.

P.S. WHY NOT VENTO? Such a darling of a car. With this budget, you can get the fully loaded Vento Highline petrol.
He has also checked the Vento. But my sense of the Vento is that its THE car in the diesel segment, but not the Petrol (based largely on the TBhp reviews). Also, VW is expensive on spares and after sales vis-a-vis the others in the segment.

Hence its kind of out of the reckoning for now.

cheers
vinay
Old 11th July 2011, 16:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

I absolutely adore the Tjet; it is one of its kind. I vote for this stonker. However, it could be an issue if your friend and his fellow passengers number more than 4 or are tall enough to be bothered by the sweeping roofline

Can you also ask him to consider/ TD the Chevy Optra? It is much more spacious than any of the options you have mentioned here, has a fabulous engine and IMHO is great looking.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 16:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, Hyundai isnt a bad name to reckon on service, though i have met owners who crib of Hyundai service. My neighbours Santro met with a accident damaging the front portion of his car and he had to park his car with dealership for 2 weeks for repairs - mind you this wasnt any major repairs. Imagine 2 weeks for some minor part replacements in a Bangalore Hyundai dealership!!

As far as Fiat goes, not sure if many know that Fiat was voted the 2nd in terms of Service levels next only to Maruti in the JD Power Survey of 2010. Its a pity that Fiat cant advertise due to JD Power requirements or something of the sort.

cheers
vinay
I agree there are a few black spots here and there, I am sure even a few Honda owners would have faced such one-off cases or issues. No brand is perfect but overall, as a former Hyundai owner myself I can vouch for their after sales service. They are extremely professional You can even include the Fiesta here in this debate, if he doesn't mind its odd looks

Quote:
Voted for T-Jet.

ANHC hits 80% of the bumps on the road, if not driven very carefully.
+1 to this. 2 of my friends have the ANHC and aren't happy with the ground clearance. Becomes more of an issue when travelling outside the city.

Quote:
Rear seat Comfort:
1) ANHC. Best rear seat comfort in this segment, its a benchmark of rear seat comfort for me. Only closer candidate is the Manza's rear seat.
2) T Jet: Read through a BHPian's travelogue and how his parents(Age ~60) were absolutely comfortable and stress-free after a really long drive.
3) ANHV
I have sat in the ANHV's back seat, it is really shoddy work by Hyundai. The rear seat comfort is comparable to that of an Alto (no offense to ANHV owners). Hyundai could have done a much better job for a car costing 10+ lacs OTR. Definitely an area to keep an eye on, before the decision is made. If the car is going to be used for family trips, rear seat passengers aren't going to be as happy in an ANHV as they would be in an ANHC
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 17:10   #22
BHPian

TJet all the way!
- A Turbo-charged petrol engine
- All four disc brakes with ABS, EBD and airbags
- Looks (Subjective though)
- Decent feature list
- Ride and Handling
- Steering Wheel
- All @ close to 10 lakhs

I own a Punto and to my experience, the after sales service is not that bad as I often hear it to be. Yes, but there are service centers that are bad.
devansn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 17:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I absolutely adore the Tjet; it is one of its kind. I vote for this stonker. However, it could be an issue if your friend and his fellow passengers number more than 4 or are tall enough to be bothered by the sweeping roofline

Can you also ask him to consider/ TD the Chevy Optra? It is much more spacious than any of the options you have mentioned here, has a fabulous engine and IMHO is great looking.
He would generally travel with not more than 2, might be 30 percent with more than 2 and not more than 6 feet.

chevy optra was also looked at including the diesel, he ultimately dropped due to the ageing model and is more likely to be phased out sooner than all other more current models.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:36   #24
BHPian

Why don't you take your friend to test drive the T-Jet? I am sure that will make things a lot clearer.
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 18:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

IMO it should be Linea T-Jet. Not saying because I own a Fiat but cause it perfectly fits his requirements. Its a great machine to drive. Brilliant handling coupled with excellent ride quality and build.

But ONLY if he is OK with fit and finish of plastics inside!!
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 09:39   #26
BHPian

Folks,

Thanks for all the help and comments. Tjet seems to have won on the votes, but my friend has finally booked the ANHC, which based on a lot of comments seems to be a good choice as well !

The poll threw up two surprises for me, one of which vindicates my belief on the tJet. The second surprise of course is that i would have thought the Verna would have got a lot more votes than it did.

thanks again.

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
Old 13th July 2011, 09:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Thanks for all the help and comments. Tjet seems to have won on the votes, but my friend has finally booked the ANHC, which based on a lot of comments seems to be a good choice as well !

The poll threw up two surprises for me, one of which vindicates my belief on the tJet. The second surprise of course is that i would have thought the Verna would have got a lot more votes than it did.

thanks again.

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath

Your friend has made a good choice, no doubt. Unfortunately (IMO), when a person compares a Honda product with a Fiat product, most of the times Honda wins. Major inclination towars Honda is the proven A.S.S. and superb resale. However, I am also a little sad that another T-Jet lost the battle. I will never have second thoughts if I were in the market to buy a petrol car in the C segment.

Please pass on our best wishes to your friend.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 10:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
. Major inclination towars Honda is the proven A.S.S. and superb resale. However, I am also a little sad that another T-Jet lost the battle. I will never have second thoughts if I were in the market to buy a petrol car in the C segment.

Please pass on our best wishes to your friend.
Ajay, and therein lies the fallacy - HONDA *** wins - i think this is subjective to the dealers and also the fact that Fiat *** is always discounted, no matter how much it has improved with the JD Power ratings themselves showing FIAT next only to Maruti. Secondly on resale - i always think its a flawed argument. You pay a premium for the Honda upfront and use a car for 3-4 years (with a higher cost of spares and maintenance, considering 6 monthly service intervals at the minimum). And at the end at time of resale, you only look at the absolute price you get back ! At that time you conveniently forget that you paid that much more upfront when you purchased the car, and spent that much more on the service. I am leaving out the fuel efficiency here, since its a different discussion. I guess you get my point !

cheers
Vinay
Old 13th July 2011, 10:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, and therein lies the fallacy - HONDA *** wins - i think this is subjective to the dealers and also the fact that Fiat *** is always discounted, no matter how much it has improved with the JD Power ratings themselves showing FIAT next only to Maruti. Secondly on resale - i always think its a flawed argument. You pay a premium for the Honda upfront and use a car for 3-4 years (with a higher cost of spares and maintenance, considering 6 monthly service intervals at the minimum). And at the end at time of resale, you only look at the absolute price you get back ! At that time you conveniently forget that you paid that much more upfront when you purchased the car, and spent that much more on the service. I am leaving out the fuel efficiency here, since its a different discussion. I guess you get my point !

cheers
Vinay
Absolutely true Vinay. Whatever I wrote in the previous post was from your friend's perspective. I assume he is not a BHPian, at least not yet.

Let me tell you from my personal experience(Tata car owner for last 2 years). Tata-Fiat A.S.S. is not bad at all. Ofcourse there are niggles, but the point is that those are sorted out properly, not to return again. So, its just the initial butterflies that make people think otherwise. Regarding Honda sales and service, I had spoken to 2 Honda dealers in Pune last year, when I thought that I should upgrade to ANHC (which I didn't do thankfully). I felt that the staff at both Honda dealers had a "Take it or leave it" attitude. Also, amongst 3 car companies, Honda quoted the worst value of my Vista. They never bothered to call me back to convince me. Regarding service, my friend has a ANHC from Oct'2010 and he has had so many problems with the service at Honda. He wanted them to just do a denting and painting job for the scratches on one of the doors, but they forced him to change the door itself. So, overall I agree to the fallacy.

Mind you, I am not a basher of any car company. Every company has some great products and every company has some issues.

OT: The rear seat of ANHC is the BEST amongst many cars. Definition of comfort.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 10:37   #30
BHPian

I have driven all three cars (well, only a short test drive of the Verna) and I think T-jet is the clear winner here.

The Verna had a very nice engine, but the suspensions and the steering are disappointing. The steering is way too light and feels totally disconnected. The interior space was also somewhat less than what I had expected.

T-jet has absolutely the best steering and suspension package in its class. The engine is also very nice. Apart from some minor ergonomic flaws, I don't see any issues with T-jet.

ANHC is in-between the two. So in conclusion, my order of preference is:

T-jet > ANHC > Verna Fluidic
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote