Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


View Poll Results: Verna Fluidic Vs Honda City Vs Fiat Tjet
Verna Fludic 1.6 62 16.10%
Honda City 129 33.51%
Fiat Tjet 185 48.05%
Any other option 9 2.34%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 14:12   #61
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 13
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

please help guys. so that i am able to decide on this.
thanks
haneet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 14:49   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,803
Thanked: 1,349 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

From whatever I have read about the facelifted ANHC, its not really a major facelift. They will probably add some missing features such as ACC, BT, and some cosmetic changes.

IMO, you dont have to worry about resale value of a Honda vehicles. It has always been and would be great, unless petrol costs 200 Rs per litre after 2-3 years from now.

Secondly, you would not get the current superb (or should we say correct) prices from Honda for the City on the facelifted version. Atleast not initially.

So go for it NOW and enjoy the beauty.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 17:18   #63
BHPian
 
Speed Pujari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 429
Thanked: 385 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
.....car better than Honda City which is the T-Jet, but it has its own issues. ...
@ajay, kindly mention the known issues other than after sales..

In fact I would like to know the current/latest after sales situation of Fiat as well.
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 17:49   #64
BHPian
 
vinay_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 123
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

I have driven the tJet now for 9 months and clocked 19k. Kms. I haven't faced any issue with the car,including scraping the bottom. The A.S.S has been good as well and other than rear licence plate bulbs, the car hasn't required anything. Fiats current service in Blr is not a problem that I have faced and we have 3 dealership choices with each dealer having multiple workshops as well. This has been my experience.
vinay_ss is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 18:01   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,696
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
IMO, you dont have to worry about resale value of a Honda vehicles. It has always been and would be great, unless petrol costs 200 Rs per litre after 2-3 years from now.
Well that day is not far away ajay! Honda sales plummeted when petrol costs rose to 70 this year, so I wouldnt be surprised if they are working on acquiring a diesel mill from someone. If not, they could panic and start reducing prices to clear stocks again if prices go through the roof!
That may be a bit OT though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
@ajay, kindly mention the known issues other than after sales..
In fact I would like to know the current/latest after sales situation of Fiat as well.
Well, I think the ANHC has better headroom than the Tjet. Thats all I can come up with. If I were to take this decision, it would be a very close call but I would like the Tjet to be in my garage.

While Fiat *** is improving (according to an owner friend whose questions are being answered well), it needs to be mentioned that Honda *** are no saints either (according to me). IMHO it does depend on the dealer and the owner's attention to detail.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 15:52   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,803
Thanked: 1,349 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
@ajay, kindly mention the known issues other than after sales..

In fact I would like to know the current/latest after sales situation of Fiat as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I have driven the tJet now for 9 months and clocked 19k. Kms. I haven't faced any issue with the car,including scraping the bottom. The A.S.S has been good as well and other than rear licence plate bulbs, the car hasn't required anything. Fiats current service in Blr is not a problem that I have faced and we have 3 dealership choices with each dealer having multiple workshops as well. This has been my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Well that day is not far away ajay! Honda sales plummeted when petrol costs rose to 70 this year, so I wouldnt be surprised if they are working on acquiring a diesel mill from someone. If not, they could panic and start reducing prices to clear stocks again if prices go through the roof!
That may be a bit OT though.

If I were to take this decision, it would be a very close call but I would like the Tjet to be in my garage.

Guyz guyz guyz...Before you all pounce upon me, let me make it clear that I am probably the BIGGEST fan of the TJET here. You guys cant beat me to the fanboy i am of the Jet. The only thing that has hit me hard in the last 3-4 months is the horribly dwindling sales of Fiat. I am very much concerned about that. Like selfdrive mentions, Honda sales also plumetted to their all time low, but they bounced back like phoenix after the price cut. I was really really hoping that Fiat drops the price of Tjet marginally (say 50k) and make it even more tempting. Fiat didnt do that. Sad!

If you look the poll results on this thread, you'll see that I have voted for the Tjet, naturally. Fiat A.S.S. is improving, but dont you all think its happening a tad too slowly? They have extremely small margin and time to come back on the charts with fire. And unfortunately, its been close to 1.5 IIRC, since Tjet has been launched and there was just one advt on the TV channels of Tjet. This car deserves much more admiration and exposure, probably an advt campaign like the Vodafone's Zoo Zoo campaign.

Like selfdrive said, I would die to get this car in my garage, but now, I am a bit cautious. All Fiat cars (except the Palio IMO), are amazing and unbeatable in their character, but poor management is killing the image. God help Fiat soon and how desperately I wish to see them competing with MSIL, HML and TM in sales.

But JUST for now, I would go and pick up the ANHC over the Tjet, with the superb price tag attached to it.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 16:02   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BHUBANESHWAR
Posts: 93
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

IMHO the poll again shows that FIAT has a different place altogether in the hearts and minds of TBHPians.

Sadly the sales figures run contrary to the poll results. Probably and "independent" FIAT without TATA would help.
raichoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 23:42   #68
BHPian
 
sharninder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Goon-Gaon
Posts: 359
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Fiat TJet all the way. I really don't understand why anyone would go for the City in this market. It's a decent car, no doubt, but there are so many better cars in the market right now and frankly, I don't even find the handling of the City really great, especially compared with my much older and smaller Palio 1.6.
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 07:23   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Guyz guyz guyz...Before you all pounce upon me, let me make it clear that I am probably the BIGGEST fan of the TJET here. You guys cant beat me to the fanboy i am of the Jet. The only thing that has hit me hard in the last 3-4 months is the horribly dwindling sales of Fiat. I am very much concerned about that. Like selfdrive mentions, Honda sales also plumetted to their all time low, but they bounced back like phoenix after the price cut. I was really really hoping that Fiat drops the price of Tjet marginally (say 50k) and make it even more tempting. Fiat didnt do that. Sad!

If you look the poll results on this thread, you'll see that I have voted for the Tjet, naturally. Fiat A.S.S. is improving, but dont you all think its happening a tad too slowly? They have extremely small margin and time to come back on the charts with fire. And unfortunately, its been close to 1.5 IIRC, since Tjet has been launched and there was just one advt on the TV channels of Tjet. This car deserves much more admiration and exposure, probably an advt campaign like the Vodafone's Zoo Zoo campaign.

Like selfdrive said, I would die to get this car in my garage, but now, I am a bit cautious. All Fiat cars (except the Palio IMO), are amazing and unbeatable in their character, but poor management is killing the image. God help Fiat soon and how desperately I wish to see them competing with MSIL, HML and TM in sales.

But JUST for now, I would go and pick up the ANHC over the Tjet, with the superb price tag attached to it.
I dont get it, what's the problem in obtaining a car that isnt selling a lot??? I really dont see FIAT's service or parts availability worsening because of this at all. Thanks to the Tata partnership here, they can continue on even with dwindling numbers.

Yes, FIAT is not doing well on the charts, but that should not effect the buying decision here, as for FIAT in India dwindling numbers dont mean much.

Its a separate story that FIPL needs to do something to improve sales, and continue their efforts to improve service and dealer experience.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 11:54   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,918
Thanked: 3,495 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

The only people who buy the t-Jet are the ones from the enthusiast community. Everyone else you meet will ask "why did you buy a fiat when you can buy a H.city for lesser?"

that said, fiat I don't think is bothered about advertising this car. They probably realize it is an enthusiast-centric car and wont sell volumes. The T-Jet is not bread and butter for Fiat, so they don't care much about how much it is doing. Forget about giving promotions / offers. Their bread and butter comes from the MJD / fire versions of punto and linea and that is where you see the "diesel for petrol", free insurance, free extended warranty, RSA and goodies etc on those variants. Honda on the other hand, depends on ANHC for its meaty sales figures and they will obviously have to go all out with the price cuts to improve sales or else they will suffer.

Slightly OT - I think Mitsubishi, to some extent, is doing the same thing with the Cedia what fiat is doing with the t-jet.

The verna has a much better brand image here (although not a driver's car), no wonder they are doing 4000+ sales per month ANHVs. If peace of mind is what one needs (with servicing), Hyundai is a much better bet. Personally, I wouldn't recommend a fiat to someone who doesn't know what he/she is getting into (even though I have never faced a single issue with my t-jet). If that car turns out to have niggles, the person would likely be cursing the fiat recommender for a long time

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th August 2011 at 12:03.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 12:38   #71
BHPian
 
vinay_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 123
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

+1 to your comment on Tjet being opted for by enthusiasts and fiat not making an effort to advertise it to others.

I have been talking to Honda dealers for a Automatic city and the best i have been able to squeeze out in 10.5 lacs including extended warranty (OTR Blr) . Thats a whopping 1 lac discount on a honda. I mentioned this to Fiat's VP Mktg and all he had to say was "yeah, they had to seriously discount their car and top end price drop was as much as a lac". I was flabbergasted. Here i was trying to tell them there is one more cause to worry further drop in Linea sales, and all i get is Honda had to seriously discount prices !!

I think, the Tjet would only be an enthusiast's car and i am glad for it. Its nicer to be a winner amongst the enthusiasts than a winner in the masses (which Fiat is anyways not upto)
vinay_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 23:21   #72
BHPian
 
SedatedDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 263
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

FIAT T-Jet as it offers solid stability at any speed and best ride experience. It is also far more sturdy and built like a tank compared to the Honda City. Fiat is attempting a new way of customer service to repair the damage to its image. So perhaps in the next few years *** will improve?

All the best to your friend.
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 12:56   #73
BHPian
 
pareshraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

@Ajay : Quote : "All Fiat cars (except the Palio IMO), are amazing and unbeatable in their character, but poor management is killing the image"

Heh man, just out of curiosity, why would you keep the Palio as an exception. Any poor experience in the past?

Cheers

Paresh Raheja
pareshraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 17:34   #74
BHPian
 
sharninder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Goon-Gaon
Posts: 359
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Have been following this poll and I voted for the TJet. I'm a FIAT fan and own a Palio 1.6 so that's understandable. But, I wonder if so many people are voting for the TJet why do I hardly see any on the roads ?
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 18:41   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Have been following this poll and I voted for the TJet. I'm a FIAT fan and own a Palio 1.6 so that's understandable. But, I wonder if so many people are voting for the TJet why do I hardly see any on the roads ?
Thats simple. Voting is free. TJet costs 10L +

I dont own a FIAT and yet voted for TJet, because if i were in the market for a brand new car, i would probably go for the TJet.
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old Verna vs Fluidic Verna : A Comparison amitwadhwa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 10th July 2012 21:30
Fifth Fiat, Second Linea, First TJet vinay_ss Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 14th March 2012 09:26
TDI/Tjet/Vtec- And ending up with the punching bag! (Honda City S) skuz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 20 18th October 2011 15:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks