Verna Fludic 1.6 62 16.10%
Honda City 129 33.51%
Fiat Tjet 185 48.05%
Any other option 9 2.34%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th March 2012, 14:26   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs Honda City

I would strongly suggest you go for Honda City, as the facelifted model comes with better electronics and sophisticated algorithms.
Also IMO there is no other petrol engine as good as the one Honda makes.

Last edited by GTO : 19th March 2012 at 13:22.
vivekkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 14:48   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
My considerations are as below.
1 - ABS and Airbags are required
2 - Good interiors are required, we don't like cheap plastics.
3 - Additional creature comfort features are required such as arm rests, bottle holders, cup holders, storage in seat backs, cabin lights at the rear and you get the idea..
4 - Good resale value after 4 years. This is a company lease car and I'll most probably sell and hopefully upgrade after 4 years.

With the above in mind, we've also eliminated Tata Manza and Nissan Sunny because of point (2).
You ruled out Sunny because of cheap interiors? I found the interiors pretty good in terms of quality. Have you checked out the car in person?

I think you should go and check out the Verna too. Its one of the major players in this segment and comes with great exteriors, interiors and gadgets.

Out of your above choices I would go with the Fiesta if you are comfortable with the looks of the car since its been around for so long now. I would have recommended the Honda but from your price list it appears that the variant you are considering is the Corp edition which does not come with any gadgets and is a basic stripped down variant except having the ABS and Airbags.
However the Fiesta will have a lower resale value and slightly higher cost of maintenance. If thats very important to you then go for the SX4. You like the high seating stance, it has the best and cheapest after sales and good resale value.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 14:50   #108
BHPian

If resale value is not a criteria, then Cedia @7.99 L with its handling and goodies like OZ alloys and Momo steering would be a great option worth considering.
altius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 15:03   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You ruled out Sunny because of cheap interiors? I found the interiors pretty good in terms of quality. Have you checked out the car in person?

I think you should go and check out the Verna too. Its one of the major players in this segment and comes with great exteriors, interiors and gadgets.

Out of your above choices I would go with the Fiesta if you are comfortable with the looks of the car since its been around for so long now. I would have recommended the Honda but from your price list it appears that the variant you are considering is the Corp edition which does not come with any gadgets and is a basic stripped down variant except having the ABS and Airbags.
However the Fiesta will have a lower resale value and slightly higher cost of maintenance. If thats very important to you then go for the SX4. You like the high seating stance, it has the best and cheapest after sales and good resale value.
Yes, I've TD Sunny. I like to have more fabric on the door-insides and other places. Sunny looked like Nissan has cut costs on the interiors and features while releasing in India.

I'm considering S MT or E MT in Honda city, not the corporate edition. Pls note the prices I've given are ex-showroom.

Fiesta - yes, I am okay with the looks and resale value is an important factor because I'll sell it in four years
GenuineOptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 15:13   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I've TD Sunny. I like to have more fabric on the door-insides and other places. Sunny looked like Nissan has cut costs on the interiors and features while releasing in India.
Well to be honest I still do not understand your point. The Sunny is one of the most loaded cars at that price point. What else do you want in the car? The middle and top end are fairly well kitted. The car may have disappointed you on handling and other areas but I am sure the interiors are of good quality. The official TD report echoes the same thought.

Quote:
I'm considering S MT or E MT in Honda city, not the corporate edition. Pls note the prices I've given are ex-showroom.
Oh my apologies. Well with eyes closed I will then go for the City. The engine is a gem of an engine, interiors are good at most places, ride quality is decent, FE is great, good after sales and good resale value.

Quote:
Fiesta - yes, I am okay with the looks and resale value is an important factor because I'll sell it in four years
The Fiesta is a good car in its own rights but it has been out since so long now. Do you really want to buy it if your budget allows you to look at other options? The resale would be inferior to the Honda.

If resale is an important consideration I would suggest only Maruti>Honda.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:10   #111
BHPian

Default Re: Honda City V-MT or Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 crdi SX - Down right confused!!!!

Quote:
I had gone to Whitefield Honda yesterday and saw the "facelifted" 2012 model. According to the sales person, the only difference b/w 2011 and 2012 is the enhanced ground clearance : 165mm from the earlier 160mm.

However the prices are much higher!

Compared to OPs post that says 9.65 on road for V-MT in 2011, now it is 10.66L on road for a 2012 V-MT. One Lakh costlier!

Well - it appears Honda doesn't just cut prices, it also increases the prices when needed. (new model)
Hey apart from slightly higher GC, i think the 2012 V model comes with indicators on OVRM + Cruise conrol + Front Chrome grille and a newly shaped tail lamp (though I feel the shape of 2011 model tail lamp is far better) .
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 06:57   #112
Geo
BHPian

Sorry to bring this back again, how is the comparison now between the current City and Fluidic Verna?
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 08:23   #113
Geo
BHPian

I am looking for a 10L sedan now. Visited Hyundai, Skoda and Honda showrooms yesterday. It has been an interesting case study on the consumer behavior. All the dealers were pleasant to deal with and professional to a level. If I do a specification and feature comparison, Fluidic Verna beats the other two. Interior quality wise, Verna was a clear disappointment. Rapid is a class apart. City is a close second in interior refinement, but has more interior features compared to Rapid. Cityís interior is much better compared to Vernaís. For city drive, City was a clear winner according to me, especially for backseat comfort, as certified by the Wife.

The interesting part is, Verna which is 0.1 L higher in the cc capacity comparison, and which has a number of utility features extra (like electronically foldable mirrors, reverse cameras, cooled glove box etc) even in itís mid range, isnít selling as much as City. City has no offers going on, while Verna dealers were ready to make a number of offers. Even Rapid has a number of benefits added to the package to compete with the City. If you take the demand for vehicles, City is a clear winner.
Old 25th May 2014, 15:54   #114
BANNED

Do a TD of the new Fiat Linea, too. I'd be interested to hear what you think, by way of comparison.
desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 19:04   #115
Geo
BHPian

I have done a TD for Fiat Linea too. The car is really good, great response and handling. I would say it has better drivability than the other 3 mentioned. But my usage is mainly within the city and I am looking for within city comfort rather than highway drivability. In that department, City is better, in my opinion.
Old 26th May 2014, 02:17   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I have done a TD for Fiat Linea too. The car is really good, great response and handling. I would say it has better drivability than the other 3 mentioned. But my usage is mainly within the city and I am looking for within city comfort rather than highway drivability. In that department, City is better, in my opinion.
I own not one but two Linea-s (1.4 fire and new T-jet) and so I am biased!

Having stated this caveat: do consider the Honda's small, skinny, poor tyres on cheap alloys, weak-ish brakes and inferior warranty policies.

And, having often driven a family-owned Civic in the distant past, I have terrible memories of the ability of Honda-s to handle Indian crater-potholes and monumental speedbreakers.

Also, aside from tinny build, even the shiny hard interior plastic quality in the new City, which is a Honda specialty even abroad, even at Civic or CR-V prices, is off-putting to me at least.

I TD-ed the new City petrol before going for the car, the new Linea T-jet, I was going to buy anyways!

That said, I am sure the Honda City will be super-reliable, if it's anything like the Civic. And will be well-, if expensively, serviced by their ASS.

Consider also: the upcoming, at alluring prices, facelifted Ford Fiesta. And, if you can wait a few months, the Suzuki Ciaz.

Enjoy the decision-making process!
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2014, 06:16   #117
Geo
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs Honda City

Thanks Desdemona.

To be frank, City's 175/65 R15 tyres were a shocker. And their alloys are reserved for top end model. An area where most of the competitors are ahead of ANHC. Mulling over a custom upgrade, but may stick to stock for sometime.

Interior plastic quality especially around the dashboard became all of a sudden appealing after seeing Verna's interiors

I am not so much of a Ford person, so the Fiesta hasn't attracted me yet. And kind of skeptical about waiting for a not yet in the market model. So still toying around with the City as of now
Old 26th May 2014, 12:06   #118
BHPian

Quote:
To be frank, City's 175/65 R15 tyres were a shocker. And their alloys are reserved for top end model. An area where most of the competitors are ahead of ANHC. Mulling over a custom upgrade, but may stick to stock for sometime.

So still toying around with the City as of now
Kindly take an informed decision, for your warranty will go for a toss once you do it. I hope you are going for the City iVtec, but the present sales surge (you mentioned couple of posts earlier) of the City is mainly for the iDtec.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2014, 12:30   #119
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Kindly take an informed decision, for your warranty will go for a toss once you do it.
Sommos, Thanks. I might stick to the stock tyres. Tyre upgrade is only a wish list item

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I hope you are going for the City iVtec, but the present sales surge (you mentioned couple of posts earlier) of the City is mainly for the iDtec.
I am going for the petrol variant. Honda dealers don't have any substantial offers for the petrol variants also. Even the petrol SV MT for a color of your choice has a waiting period.
Old 26th May 2014, 13:08   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Sommos, Thanks. I might stick to the stock tyres. Tyre upgrade is only a wish list item

I am going for the petrol variant. Honda dealers don't have any substantial offers for the petrol variants also. Even the petrol SV MT for a color of your choice has a waiting period.
Kindly do stick to the stock tyres till your warranty is valid, in case you purchase the City. This is what a City idtec owner has posted very recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
One more thing to note - I have decided to stick to the OEM tyres & alloys till the warranty period is over. Might switch over to Michelins at the 10,000-km mark, but no upsizing either. Can't risk voiding warranty, since the A.S.S. guys have gently but firmly conveyed the same.
Please don't pick your car by looking at the sales chart, rather decide based on your priorities. As you have chosen the City petrol go for it and you'll never regret.

Congratulations in advance.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote