Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2006, 14:24   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
saw a sonata gold with airbags
done 45160
music system and al that
selling for 2.5l
what do you guys think?
Its a steal, if the car is clean and paperwork perfect.
I know that Sonata's resale is pathetic but at 2.5 it is really worth it, no matter the FE is just 6 kmpl , its still a steal at 2.5Lak.
Add to it the safety features, leature and add ons ( as a bonus).
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 04:47   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
saw a sonata gold with airbags
done 45160
music system and al that
selling for 2.5l
what do you guys think?

Its tough to not expect something wrong here. A sonata for 2.5L is unheard of.

For 4-4.5L

Lancer LEI would be an excellent buy. Bigger more comfortable and an excellent highway cruiser. Leather,AUto everything and 14" alloys are standard

OHC is more for the boyracer crowd and the lack of low-end torque can be a hassle. but the difference is marginal.

A used baleno certainly cannot beat the lancer LEI in kit and extras. But interiors are comfortable.


Though they are hard to find try for the invecs. Auto for your dad and manual for you.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 09:48   #48
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 14,286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I am stunned. Stats say that south HAs the highest number of diesel lancers. where did the petrol come from?
I too was surprised. Last year I had rented a Lancer taxi for a whole day (500Kms) and I was talking to driver on the way back. I asked him how come this car is a petrol model. He said nobody buys diesel Lancers anymore because they are turning into a maintenance nightmare.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 11:04   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
True that OHC values are falling but so are lancer and balenos values. OHC somehow has 20-30k more than lancer and baleno is even cheaper by around 50k-70k less than lancer.
Wouldn't that put Lancer and Baleno resale values at equal terms, considering that the Lancer was costlier by about 1 L.
Even today, the Lancer with similar aftermarket trim level as a Baleno would cost almost a lakh more .. and yes, this is considering the 6.97L Lancer BSIII tag here at Kolkata.

Also wouldn't that put the OHC at a real low resale value considering it cost more than a Baleno 3 years ago ?

All I'm trying to say is that when we compare resale values for a particular year model, let's also consider the OTR prices of the cars in that year.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 11:09   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Wouldn't that put Lancer and Baleno resale values at equal terms, considering that the Lancer was costlier by about 1 L.
Even today, the Lancer with similar aftermarket trim level as a Baleno would cost almost a lakh more .. and yes, this is considering the 6.97L Lancer BSIII tag here at Kolkata.

Also wouldn't that put the OHC at a real low resale value considering it cost more than a Baleno 3 years ago ?

All I'm trying to say is that when we compare resale values for a particular year model, let's also consider the OTR prices of the cars in that year.
Well considering the OTR values lets not forget that Baleno used to cost a bomb sometime ago. The price for

OHC 1.5 was highest
Lancer glx and baleno were somewhat the same

Hence this would be a blow to OHC's value.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 11:42   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Well considering the OTR values lets not forget that Baleno used to cost a bomb sometime ago. The price for
OHC 1.5 was highest
Lancer glx and baleno were somewhat the same

Hence this would be a blow to OHC's value.
True, I'm not debating on which car has lost more resale value here.

I'm just saying that when we debate on that topic, we should mention which model year we are talking about and the prevailing OTR prices then. That will give a clearer picture.

In this topic the comparison is between Baleno and the SFX. I think even pre-2003 new Balenos used to cost around 8 to 8.5 L OTR. Didn't the SFX cost 10 L + ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 12:55   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

no news on the sonata yet
i have asked automart to send me the owner details but no response
no details are mentioned on the site as well
god knows why i thought it was from Mum.
anyways ... so the thing has boiled down to a car for my dad
and from what i see everybody seems to suggest the lancer INVECS
sunith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 14:45   #53
BHPian
 
adityapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, Philadelphia
Posts: 288
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
no news on the sonata yet
i have asked automart to send me the owner details but no response
no details are mentioned on the site as well
god knows why i thought it was from Mum.
anyways ... so the thing has boiled down to a car for my dad
and from what i see everybody seems to suggest the lancer INVECS
to the best of my knowledge the automart india site is an open market place available for all...so the car mentioned on the site may not be ncecessarily available at automart.

The asking price of the sonata you mentioned is 4.5 L in Mumbai....there might have been a typo or else something seriously wrong with the car...beware !!!

~A
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 17:47   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
and from what i see everybody seems to suggest the lancer INVECS
I would STILL suggest another Baleno. Nothing personal against the Invecs, but the gearbox is a little complicated. Any service issues and you will be left high and dry. If you are in the second-hand market, you could try the last-gen Accord, or the Sonata would always be a decent buy. An Elantra CRDi is also available real cheap, as is the petrol Elantra. Both are guaranteed to put a smile on the driver's face!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 02:10   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
no news on the sonata yet
i have asked automart to send me the owner details but no response
and from what i see everybody seems to suggest the lancer INVECS

2.5 for a sonata is a guranteed typo or some fraud.

FOr the lancer I suggested the lancer invecs because of the powerful engine with the tiptronic is hard to resist. The 1.5 is still the most refined and smooth engine in the segment and give FE at par.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I would STILL suggest another Baleno. Nothing personal against the Invecs, but the gearbox is a little complicated. Any service issues and you will be left high and dry. If you are in the second-hand market, you could try the last-gen Accord, or the Sonata would always be a decent buy. An Elantra CRDi is also available real cheap, as is the petrol Elantra. Both are guaranteed to put a smile on the driver's face!

Invecs gearbox......complicated???? There is some serious misunderstanding my friend. Two slots in the gearbox. One for normal automatic and one for manual. Slot left for manual or right for automatic depending on your mood.

An accord or sonata cannot be had for 4.5 in a good condition. Even a good mondeo costs 6-7lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
In this topic the comparison is between Baleno and the SFX. I think even pre-2003 new Balenos used to cost around 8 to 8.5 L OTR. Didn't the SFX cost 10 L + ?
Lancer sfx was never supposed to compete with Baleno. Baleno was competing in the market with lancer glxi.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 08:03   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Ok the search is on for a LAncer INVECS or Sonata or Elantra in the range 4-4.5l...
thanks a lot guys for helping
will get back once i call that Sonata guy
...the car's in Delhi itseems
sunith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 09:23   #57
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 14,286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Invecs gearbox......complicated???? There is some serious misunderstanding my friend. Two slots in the gearbox. One for normal automatic and one for manual. Slot left for manual or right for automatic depending on your mood.
Dude, he is referring to what's inside. Most service center guys in India are quite ignorant when it comes to auto transmission, now Invecs go one step further, clutchless gearshift.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 10:02   #58
BHPian
 
adityapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, Philadelphia
Posts: 288
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
Ok the search is on for a LAncer INVECS or Sonata or Elantra in the range 4-4.5l...
thanks a lot guys for helping
will get back once i call that Sonata guy
...the car's in Delhi itseems
Sunith,

these are the details of the sonata from the autocarsite u were referring to :

Vehicle Details
Manufacturer : Hyundai
Model : Sonata Gold (Air Bag)
Color : Metalic Grey
Year of manufacture : 2000
Expected Price : 250000
Mileage : 45160
City : Delhi
Location : Bhikaji Cama
Registered City : Delhi
Posted date : 19/02/2006
Seating Capacity : 5
Number Of Gears : 4
Brake Types : Vaccumn
Life Long Registration Paid : Yes
Warranty : No

Additional Details:
Insurance Paid : Comprehensive
Tax Paid : Yes
Registration # : 7953
Fuel Type : Petrol
Air Condition : Yes
UV Film : Yes
Centralised Locking : Yes
Music System : Yes
Power Steering : Yes
Automatic Window : Yes
Number Of Cylinders : 6
Radial Tyres : Yes

The model specified is 2000 whereas the sonata was officially launched by Hyundai in India in 2001. So probably this car is a direct import by the owner.
U need to be careful and check the import docs carefully for evasion of duty etc, if you want to take this deal forward.

Also, the number of engines is specified is 6 which is available on a v6 and not on a sonata Gold. Unless this is a typo, I surely do smell something fishy in this deal.

~A

Last edited by adityapd : 21st February 2006 at 10:05.
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 10:06   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

A V6 for 2.5L.. thats definately a steal but check it out before you process any further and finalize the deal..
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 11:35   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd
Sunith,

these are the details of the sonata from the autocarsite u were referring to :

Vehicle Details
Manufacturer : Hyundai
Model : Sonata Gold (Air Bag)
Color : Metalic Grey
Year of manufacture : 2000
Expected Price : 250000
Mileage : 45160
City : Delhi
Location : Bhikaji Cama
Registered City : Delhi
Posted date : 19/02/2006
Seating Capacity : 5
Number Of Gears : 4
Brake Types : Vaccumn
Life Long Registration Paid : Yes
Warranty : No

Additional Details:
Insurance Paid : Comprehensive
Tax Paid : Yes
Registration # : 7953
Fuel Type : Petrol
Air Condition : Yes
UV Film : Yes
Centralised Locking : Yes
Music System : Yes
Power Steering : Yes
Automatic Window : Yes
Number Of Cylinders : 6
Radial Tyres : Yes

The model specified is 2000 whereas the sonata was officially launched by Hyundai in India in 2001. So probably this car is a direct import by the owner.
U need to be careful and check the import docs carefully for evasion of duty etc, if you want to take this deal forward.

Also, the number of engines is specified is 6 which is available on a v6 and not on a sonata Gold. Unless this is a typo, I surely do smell something fishy in this deal.

~A

Here it says the location is BHikaji Cama. Is that some hotel car which is up for sale?

A v6 for 2.5 is sure fishy. number of gears is 4 hence its surely the automatic v6 for sale.

I would stay away from this deal. Even if the car is sold in spares separately the owner can easily get that price.


Let me know what prices you get for an invecs. I am looking to go ahead with modfying a lancer invecs or a contessa.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 21st February 2006 at 11:44.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lancer sfx, slx and glx -- Body differences (If any?) raajks Technical Stuff 58 26th August 2010 09:43
Old Honda City Vtec Vs Mitsubishi Lancer SFX Vs Maruti Suzuki Baleno Vxi Piston head The Indian Car Scene 1 3rd August 2007 14:16
Some Queries for Lancer SFX-i- Maintainence wolfinstein Technical Stuff 15 28th February 2006 21:39
Lancer SFX v/s Palio 1.6 aveek The Indian Car Scene 39 13th June 2005 13:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks