Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th July 2013, 23:46   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Buying a *used* budget Sedan

What is a good price range to buy Fiat Linea 2009 Petrol Emotion with around 50K ODO?
nvssudheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 00:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
What is a good price range to buy Fiat Linea 2009 Petrol Emotion with around 50K ODO?
2.8-3L.
Btw Emotion or Emotion pack?
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 00:28   #153
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Buying a *used* budget Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
2.8-3L.
Btw Emotion or Emotion pack?
Emotion. Price equations are a whole lot different in Hyderabad I guess. Couldn't find a quote less than 4 lakhs for the car I mentioned. For 2.8-3L even a Punto is difficult to find, let alone Linea
Old 28th July 2013, 00:33   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Emotion. Price equations are a whole lot different in Hyderabad I guess. Couldn't find a quote less than 4 lakhs for the car I mentioned. For 2.8-3L even a Punto is difficult to find, let alone Linea
Whats the asking price?
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 00:36   #155
BHPian

Smile Re: Buying a *used* budget Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Whats the asking price?
I have been checking online quotes only and all are between 4.2 and 4.8 L for Emotion petrol 2009. Hyderabad

I currently work in Mumbai though. Planning to buy for my parents. I guess I better purchase here and pay Tax and shift there. Even then I think I can end up paying less then buying there
Old 28th July 2013, 01:45   #156
BHPian

Recently we came across a Toyota Camry while looking for a pre-owned luxury car for my friend. The car is in very good condition but the suspension is in terrible condition and needs to be replaced. The overall condition of the car is very good barring the suspension and off course the tires. Any idea what we should budget for the Camry suspension to go ahead with this further?
yogibear007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 02:04   #157

Guys, how bad of an idea it is to buy a 10 yr old Ford Mondeo petrol?! I have literally no experience with Ford except hearing some really bad things about them; especially the Mondeo. If the car is expense free right now (about 70-80k Kms on ODO), what could I expect to spend upon it in near future?

Btw it's in clean and stock condition. No Mods at all. Delhi registration. Single owner but 2nd as per papers (1st in company's name then transferred to individual).
Gagzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 09:08   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagzie View Post
Guys, how bad of an idea it is to buy a 10 yr old Ford Mondeo petrol?! I have literally no experience with Ford except hearing some really bad things about them; especially the Mondeo. If the car is expense free right now (about 70-80k Kms on ODO), what could I expect to spend upon it in near future?

Btw it's in clean and stock condition. No Mods at all. Delhi registration. Single owner but 2nd as per papers (1st in company's name then transferred to individual).
Not really bad, but not a good idea too.
And with two owners, only 80k on the odo of a 10 year old Car seems like a good indication to walk.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 10:19   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Not really bad, but not a good idea too.
And with two owners, only 80k on the odo of a 10 year old Car seems like a good indication to walk.
Thanks Mayankk. But it's driven by a single owner, as a second car and am getting a great deal as I know the guy who is selling it. Believe me, it's being sold only because of lack of parking space. No other reason!
Gagzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 13:25   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagzie View Post

Thanks Mayankk. But it's driven by a single owner, as a second car and am getting a great deal as I know the guy who is selling it. Believe me, it's being sold only because of lack of parking space. No other reason!
If you can get it checked out reliably, it may work for you. However, do remember that this and the earlier ikon were what maligned Ford in the first place. Do look at some ownership threads to understand the costs and availability of parts involved. I have a feeling that like me, you like the mondeo.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 09:07   #161
BHPian

Whats a good price for a Honda Accord 2.4, Dec 2006, Single Owner, 50K on the odo. The car is in really good condition with service records and no panel of the car is painted. All 5 tyres of the car are new. Asking price 4.25 with scope for further but little negotiations.

I am looking to keep the car for next 2 years with less then 1500Kms running per month. Was originally looking for used City/Civic but spotted this hence the question. Whats the FE of the accord as according to the dealer the claimed FE is about 12.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 12:04   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Whats a good price for a Honda Accord 2.4, Dec 2006, Single Owner, 50K on the odo.
Asking price 4.25 with scope for further but little negotiations.
Whats the FE of the accord as according to the dealer the claimed FE is about 12.
Around 3.75~4L should be the good deal if the mileage is genuine and maintained well.
Regarding FE, 7~10 kmpl in city (depending on the driving condition) and 13 in highway is what my uncle is getting.
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 19:16   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Whats a good price for a Honda Accord 2.4, Dec 2006, Single Owner, 50K on the odo. The car is in really good condition with service records and no panel of the car is painted. All 5 tyres of the car are new. Asking price 4.25 with scope for further but little negotiations.

I am looking to keep the car for next 2 years with less then 1500Kms running per month. Was originally looking for used City/Civic but spotted this hence the question. Whats the FE of the accord as according to the dealer the claimed FE is about 12.
If this is offered in Hyderabad, there will be a dozen + buyers since:

- driven for about 20 km / day on average
- Single owner
- Its an ACCORD

In fact as per market here,for that price, we might get a Civic, for which also, the chances are slim. So IMO, you should just go for it.

Last edited by Vihari : 14th August 2013 at 19:28.
Vihari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 14:52   #164
BHPian

Guys, I need a bit of advice. I'm in the market for a car in the 1L range. It's going to be driven by me, mostly for weekend runs. Under 1000km a month. I'm looking at every 4-wheeled option.

I recently test drove a Hyundai Accent 1.6 GTX Tornado. It's a 2001 model, done 1.4 lac kms. Full option vehicle, with ABS and alloy wheels. Tyres are OK. The TD went pretty well, no weird noises, interiors are ok, small scratches that you get from city traffic. Car went up to 100 easily in 3rd, looked willing to go further. Price being asked is 1 lac, very negotiable.

I've heard some bad things about Accents, especially the Tornado, with members advising not to go for it. Should I consider this car? Also, please advice on other possible options in this price range. I can go up to 1.5 lac max.

My driving is mostly on highways on weekend (homecoming), and my comfortable speed is 85-95.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 11:07   #165
BHPian

Guys a friend of mine is confused between the accord and the superb

He is looking for a car not more than 3 years old and is smitten by the German but the japs have been there for him.

He is upgrading from a civic

What do u guys suggest he should go for.

Also what kind of prices for a 3 yr old superb and accord?
bigblackshark is offline   Reply With Quote