Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 20th February 2006, 23:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Elantra CRDI @ 10L OTR??

Fellow BHPians..!

I have an Accent CRDI - 3 yrs old.. in the market for a change. I also wanted ONLY a diesel car - Running costs. I have hardly had to spend n the Accent other than the filters and oil (that too after the free services). So far so good!

Did a little bit of digging - admittedly across segments - and found the following.

1. OCTAVIA - LEG SPACE - My knees hit the dash even with the seat fully back - Would have gladly traded some of that CAVERNOUS boot to liberate some parking space for us humans. Did NOT get a test drive so no idea how it rides- Got a LOT of attitude from the salesman - if the smirk on his face is indcative of a 12 lac buying experience, then the aftersales & service has to be scary. (owners pls tell me this is an aberation and not the rule) . Rider the only thing within budget - The Laura is very very very tempting -... sighhhhhhhh

2. FIESTA TDCi - Got the test drive - Good ride, refined engine decent handling. BUT found the engine a little short of breath -(me being used to the CRDI and all) .

3. INNOVA - Big People mover - the G5 is more expensive than the Corolla!.. Loads of room - engine is adequate for the size. Noting to set anything on fire. Handling very good for its size and setup.

4. LANCER - Dealer tells me they have discontinued the diesel!

5. ELANTRA CRDI : Droped in since I have been reading about price drops etc. They have quoted around 10 lacs OTR ( around 8.9 lacs ex-showroom for the CRDI ! That's ABS with BAS & EBD, Traction Control, Twin Air Bags with passenger sensor, Trip Computer (rudimentary), etc etc, PLUS FULL STANLEY LEATHER TRIM.

Personal thoughts? Looks :( .... but Unbelievable value for money

How would this car with a set of Pirelli 6000's or Dunlop 9000's + Petes Box + K&N replacement filter be?... We can throw in some KONIs at some point (working on the setup)

What say all you folks... Do I go ahead???

Pls help!

Sujit
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 23:17   #2
bhp
BHPian

surely go in for the elantra......true value for money at that price and with the tuning box and k&n its surely the car to have with those features fe and afterall diesel power.....
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 00:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
How would this car with a set of Pirelli 6000's or Dunlop 9000's + Petes Box + K&N replacement filter be?... We can throw in some KONIs at some point (working on the setup)

What say all you folks... Do I go ahead???
Whats to ask? GO AHEAD!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 00:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by v1p3r : 21st February 2006 at 00:38.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 00:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dont think that after owning the Accent Crdi , U would be able to settle for anything less than the Elantra.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 00:54   #6
BHPian

go for the elantra all the way dude.
Xtreme Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 15:13   #7
BHPian

Take the elantra its a good car.I have one for more than 2 years and the maintainence is just like the accent
tsreekaranrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 15:27   #8
Tapan

Ya, Go for Elentra. Its overall A VFM package. :d
Old 21st February 2006, 15:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
5. ELANTRA CRDI : Droped in since I have been reading about price drops etc. They have quoted around 10 lacs OTR ( around 8.9 lacs ex-showroom for the CRDI ! That's ABS with BAS & EBD, Traction Control, Twin Air Bags with passenger sensor, Trip Computer (rudimentary), etc etc, PLUS FULL STANLEY LEATHER TRIM.
Sujit,
The Ex-Showroom price quoted in Hyundai site is, Rs. 10,29,188 for Elantra CRDi, in coimbatore. How come you are getting such a great price?

Conan
Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 15:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dude,

Dont even think about it....just go in for the elantra! even without the price cuts, it was by far the best diesel under 15 L in the country, now it is even more tempting
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 15:54   #11
Team-BHP Support

GO! GO! GO!
This is a no brainer. Heck I wish they were giving this price in delhi!
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 19:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

CONAN : This is a scheme being run by the manufacturer /dealer combination... The CRDI is not being advertised but the GTi (the new stipped down version) is. If you want the leather trim its 30 K more that price ont he website. (Its beige only though - but it comes factory fitted)

TSK : ... It is available in Delhi also... How do I know this??-- I asked dealers in other states to compare prices.. all of them gave me similar prices - difference only in the road tax and regn costs etc. So far cheapest in Kerala @9.80 OTR

RAO GAARU : what milage are you getting?

Sujit
Old 21st February 2006, 20:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Get the Elantra, no doubt. Best VFM and ver low running costs compared to the other big luxury cars.

And with the K&N filter, the Pete's box n all it'll simply fly! Its already powerful enough, but more is always good right
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 11:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Elantra CRDI is a great VFM @ 10 lakhs. It comes fully loaded and with all the safety features that you would ever want. Only thing is the front grille.. But I guess you can get rid of it and get a custom wire mesh grille instead like this -> elantragtclub.tripod.com/elantra/id5.html. BTW, cool site on Customised Elantra's

Bit OT, Any idea on how much would a used 2 year old Elantra CRDI cost? Not that there are many around.. just hoping.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 09:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

Default What Colour?

Hey FellowBHPians...

What coulour...

The interiours are beige leather - their dark Blue and Black look good. So does the white ... Heart says BLACKKKKKK... but head's saying WHITE...

HELP!!