Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 25th September 2011, 12:18   #16

Default Re: Fluence Petrol vs Corolla Altis AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
How was the power of the car dude ? Was it fun to drive coz it really feels so to me man !
In auto mode the expected slight lag was there. A little more lag than the DSG when I TD'ed the Laura. But (I may be stepping on thin ice here) it seemed better to me than the Cruze AT. In manual mode it was as quick to respond as I desired and did well overall.
astatine is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 12:19   #17
BHPian

Hello Astatine,

Astatine the dilemma you face is what most of enthusiast's face when we are out there to buy a car.We give advices to everyone on which car is suited for them however when it comes to selecting our cars we are stuck! I guess this tends to stem from the fact that we look at too may things.I dont think any car would appeal to the heart and the head at the same time.We need to find a middle ground.

Renault Fluence is an interesting car and is a better driver's car than the Altis.As you have said it's a distinctive car and quite a solid one too.Its got tried and tested parts from various Renault's and I believe Renault is very serious of offering it's customers a hassle free experience.Take the case of the Logan and you find a lot of satisfied customers more so than the average Toyota Etios Customer.

That said there is no taking away from the fact that the Corolla with it's refined engine and the 7 speed gearbox is a fine car.Hey brother haven't you driven the Civic Automatic with it's paddle shifts? Its got most of the features you want,I believe there is a new version with touchscreen OEM Audio,and it's a pretty solid drive.

Take your call man.Go for TD's and judge for yourself, because only yoou know what you desire.Good Hunting!
Ascari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 23:21   #18

@vb-san: the all-beige interiors are somewhat monotonous, but I find them lightening the interiors. A two-tone design would have been perfect.

@Rameshdude: great to know that you had a good experience buying the Fluence. That gives me a lot of comfort.

@Ascari: dilemma seems a mild word for what I have been going through for a month or more. Every passing day seems to bring a small nugget of new information which shuffles the ranking.

I and the original fans (my wife and daughter) drove the Fluence around a fair bit. It drove well - both on the highway and in the city traffic. Cooled well, the music was pleasant, the ride comfortable and the clincher was (I suspect) the huge amount of attention it drew. The decision is nearly there.

, but having tried a variety of sedans in the last month or so I have realized that it will take me a while to adjust to (any of) them. After having driven the Scorpio and the Omni before that for a total of 15 years and having accustomed myself to their relatively upright leg position the somewhat outstretched legs in the sedans is discomfiting at first. I guess the difference is that in the SUVs the feet are planted firmly and in full contact with the floor-plate while in the sedans I seem to end up with the legs resting on the heels. Wondering if others have noticed any difference in such a shift or have any thoughts on the relative position of the legs.
astatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 23:17   #19

Default Re: Fluence Petrol vs Corolla Altis AT (Edit: Change of plan)

A few more test drives and a lot of mind-numbing flip-flops later I figured that I wasn't really comfortable with any of them for one reason or the other. So I change tack and decided to get a small AT runabout car and defer the decision for a larger/more luxurious vehicle for a later date. There seem to be a whole bunch of new launches and the initial look at the XUV (and the hope of an AT version in the near future), the possibility I read about of an AT version of Yeti all got me drooling. And, just possibly, with my AT car in place for city use I can now rethink whether I really need the bigger vehicle to be an AT as well.

Having decided that I plumped for a i10 Asta AT for my immediate runabout car need. No great alternatives there and the reviews I read about it on team-bhp convinced me that this is the car that will work for me. I booked a Carbon Grey. Delivery period is a week. I am going armed with the team-bhp PDI checklist.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for all the info so far.
astatine is offline   Reply With Quote