Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 6th March 2006, 02:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie
Thanks aseem, for your kind words and advice. I will check out the fusion next week. i almost forgot it.
Any ways baleno is out of my list now as mentioned by you and others, as though i would be buying a new baleno, i wont have the "new" feeling.

thnsk once again.

hopefully my next post shld be about my new car!! insha allah!!

netarchie
I am glad that I could talk you out of the idea to buy a baleno. Although great engine, and most ppl in this forum like it, its mainly because we dont have many options in this segment. But like I said, its like buying an old new car. So good decision, let us know how things go.
Old 6th March 2006, 10:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I am glad that I could talk you out of the idea to buy a baleno. Although great engine, and most ppl in this forum like it, its mainly because we dont have many options in this segment. But like I said, its like buying an old new car. So good decision, let us know how things go.

yeah and the engine has also lost out 4hp's now. But still dont forget that it is a tried and tested product at a VFM price.

you are looking at Fusion but Fusion sales have not really taken off and resale will be a problem here too.

The main point here is that each car has its plusses and minueses. You need to put your need and requirements before each car to decide if it is suitable for you or not.

look at the petra.1.6 is a screamer with good ride quality and the engine is pretty refined. resale will be low but so will be your purchase price. weigh in all the factors before the purchase

ford fiesta 1.6 is not as refined as say lancer,city or baleno. But is is pretty good overall.

I wouldnt recommend the chevrolet avero in front of these two cars.

and if you are looking for a tried and tested product then baleno and lancer are pretty good cars too. But I would recommend the lancer for its smooth and regined engine. Baleno has lost its power advantage but is better VFM. lancer resale is higher.

my conclusion would end at fiesta 1.6
Old 14th April 2006, 12:53   #18
BHPian

Thumbs up Decided !

Hi,

Finally the search for my new car came to an end today and I have zeroed in on the Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport.
I found the car to be awesome after taking a test drive.

I would like to thank all the fellow bhpians for their valuable unbiased opinions and reviews which had a major impact on my decision making process.

I just hope the car lives up to my expectation !! which i am sure it will.

I will be getting the delivery after 23rd April 2006 as I will be out of town next week.

Model Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport
Color Ferrari Red
Price 6 L OTR

Will post more after I get the delivery.
Old 14th April 2006, 14:03   #19
BHPian

Congrats on ur new car!!!!!
btw is this same as 1.6 sport hatchback or is it the weekend estate model.please don blame my ignorance
also don forget to post pics
Old 14th April 2006, 14:27   #20
BHPian

Hi,

Congrats for your new car and welcome to the passionate FIAT users club of TBHP.

Cheers.
Old 14th April 2006, 21:13   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
I am glad that I could talk you out of the idea to buy a baleno
And i shall take this oppurtunity to congratulate aseem bhai for this achievement ..

PS : No offense .. But just couldnt resist posting this ..
Old 14th April 2006, 21:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Congrats on your new car, this car reminds me of Volvo V70, and looks really mean. I wouldnt hesitate to buy this car, if Fiat brand image improves and they come out with a cosmetic upgrade, as I find the exterior and the interior a lil old.... Good choice nonetheless, enjoy your wheels.... and post some pics soon.

Last edited by aseem : 14th April 2006 at 21:25.
Old 14th April 2006, 21:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
And i shall take this oppurtunity to congratulate aseem bhai for this achievement ..

PS : No offense .. But just couldnt resist posting this ..
Couldn't agree with you more .

Ps-Aseem, 2 smileys are a serious no-no in TBHP, i suggest you edit your post immidiately inorder to avoid a warning from the mods. Don't take it too seriously coz its just a suggestion.

Cheers
Old 14th April 2006, 21:32   #24
BANNED

Quote:
EDIT

No offense taken Rahul, however I must say you are preaching me on the other thread to end this endless saga of Baleno praising and Baleno bashing, however you continue to be guilty of the crime as well.... So please stop your endless funda of Baleno Baleno in every thread.... No offense meant...
No offense taken .. Just two points :
1. I wasnt the one going baleno baleno anyways .. I also suggested one member a CRDI viva over the baleno .. What does that mean ??

2. We all love our cars , and at some point u must understand that posting about ur hatred for the baleno on every thread possible doesnt help .. That too coming from u who used to advocate MB all over a few months back ..

Anyways having said that i must say we all have made our views pretty clear about the baleno .. Maybe we must let the topic RIP for a while .. If u still wish to continue , i will have to restort to " Yes baleno is outdated , horrible looking , blah blah .. But we still love it funda " .. I have done my bit .. I shall stop this argument before the mods and the other senior members get on me for this ..
Old 14th April 2006, 21:36   #25
BANNED

Sorry for hijacking this thread .. Would like to congratulate netarchie on his buy .. Great car , an even better choice .. Have fun revving her ..
Old 15th April 2006, 16:30   #26
BHPian

Don't forget to post pictures !
Old 5th May 2006, 19:49   #27
BHPian

Default Last minute change!!

Hi Guys
I ended up with the Ford Fusion + with ABS (Black) instead .
got it for 6.6 lakhs ON Road with approx 9K accessories and 2 year TMP inclusive.A deal which i just couldnt let go.
and just one word to describe the Car - "AWESOME".
had to let go of the fiat adventure beacuse of the future *** worry.
nevertheless i am very happy with the new acquisition.
planning a long trip soon, will post pics then.
Old 6th May 2006, 13:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice deal Netarchie ! Fusion is a good car. But I wouldnt take the call on the Fusion over the Adventure. To each his own, I guess.

Take care of your new baby - post some pictures in the garage .

Have fun.

Since the decision has been made and the car delivered - I think this thread has reached its end.
Closed Thread