Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 10th March 2006, 22:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

In 2004 I considered a Corsa, BIG DEAL!!!
We bought a Baleno and an Esteem which I have stated in this thread as well are great cars, for FE, spares, cost of ownership etc. I still maintain the positives of the car, and have stated them quite clearly in this thread, its English not French:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Please dont go for Baleno, the car is way past its shelf life. Although the car has no problems, great engine, good FE, but its DATED, bland, ugly from the rear and the interiors are no way near as Ford Fiesta. Buying a Baleno is like buying an old car from day 1. Nothing against Baleno owners, great great car, but way way way old.
So go for Fiesta, as its a newer and more contemporary product.
So I am not contradicting what I had said previously, so dont mislead people. However as it stands it was a wise decision to buy a Baleno in 2003 time frame, but now with newer options like Fusion, Fiesta, NHC, I suggest folks to not buy a dated product. If given a chance now, I would go for a Fiesta rather than a Baleno.
Lastly, reading T-BHP and posting on it is my hobby not my proffesion, I am not hear to dig up old threads, win a case, prove a point, but to voice an opinion, peoples opinions, likings, etc change with time. For example I used to like Madhuri Dixit when I was a kid, now she is like my aunty, and I like Aishwarya now, if you ask me a few years later, I would probably have a different answer
Lets agree to disagree, and lets call it quits!

And just like you qoute Prince to rest your case, I am qouting fellow Bhpians who dont agree with you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Hey SupremeBaleno... I have been watching this heated thing going on between you and aseem. And I know you are pretty fired up. I just decided to intervene because you seem to have got that "shelf-life" word straight jacketed, probably based on some bookish definition (wikipedia?!). Well the fact is Aseem is definitely right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Over?!! Now that its through, may I ask you SB are you really so much emotionally surcharged about everything?! Let everyone have their say mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Sorry to say that but Esteem is really ancient. It might be selling more then cars doesnot make it any good. Look at 800. Is it better then the santro, no, but it sells more and its ancient.
Ancient = Cheap = More selling.
Aseem is talking right and I agree with him..
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
IMHO, that proves nothing mate! As Aseem pointed out, it depends on whether someone wants a dated car thats proven in some respects or one that's just been launched. Lets just say that we guys who go for the new stuff are willing to take a risk at times, based on limited feedback & our gut feeling........

Last edited by aseem : 10th March 2006 at 22:32.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 11:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
peoples opinions, likings, etc change with time. For example I used to like Madhuri Dixit when I was a kid, now she is like my aunty, and I like Aishwarya now, if you ask me a few years later, I would probably have a different answer
Hey, maybe a little , but I think this was a great one, Madhuri aunty LOL!!!!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 16:57   #78
BHPian

Baleno aunty Optra didi ............
vipulG is offline   Reply With Quote