Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy NOW?
Baleno 98 60.49%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 64 39.51%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2006, 09:31   #241
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
i believe this poll is a matter of 'individual preference' ,which is in no way a true refection of the 'better car' ,as people might have varied reasons for their respective choice ... moreover alot of people who have voted for baleno ,im sure would have not driven the fiesta , or maybe had just too short ride in it to really compare(vice versa could be true as well)

p.s: thank god for varied taste
Well , I made that comment about the poll, because Aseem himself started this poll and now when the results are unpalatable, he is saying it is kiddish!
Old 11th April 2006, 10:01   #242
BHPian

ohhh ... i seee ... didn't notice he was the one who started this thread.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:02   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Coming to the real tests on road , well i for one would always be game for it .. We just need to get hold of v1p3r's baleno (which is BS II) .. I dont think mine would be an option because its in for the works ..
Why would we need v1p3r's baleno to do a test on acceleration or even fuel economy???? Why can't we have a regular Baleno to Fiesta battle? I notice you always refer to v1p3r's baleno whenever a point is to be proven.......would just like to understand why? Is it because its tuned up just perfectly enough to prove your point?
Old 11th April 2006, 10:11   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
Yepp... Let us all go by the poll results and just accept which is the better car.. shall we?
Good one, spadival. Could not have said it any better.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:13   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
In reality, most people buy Baleno as its a cheapest mid sizer with heavy discounts....
Bang on - nothing beats the Baleno in terms of VFM. Its the pricing which is the icing on a tasty, though old cake.

However, price it at par with the Fiesta or the Aveo, and one might see the sales disappear (though am not sure about the same with its fans)
Old 11th April 2006, 10:17   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
.. Tried the same on the fiesta and it was gasping quite a bit .. The car feels great when u shift at 2.3k + revvs ..
Maybe there was a problem with the particular car....I've now covered almost 2.5k and one of the highlights is the lower rev torque. I've shifted on occasion from 2nd to 3rd at around 1.7k and the car is effortless & smooth, have never felt a "gasp"....which gear were you shifting to when it gasped?
Old 11th April 2006, 10:20   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
Yepp... Let us all go by the poll results and just accept which is the better car.. shall we?
If I'm not mistaken, the poll was about which car would you buy now......it does not in any way signify "better" or "worse".

The poll reiterates something I said many posts ago.......not too many of our fellow members (as it seems) would risk treading the unknown (read Fiesta) vis a vis the well-known seven year plus old (read Baleno).....and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being conservative

Last edited by suman : 11th April 2006 at 10:24.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:25   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

If price was the main reason behind Baleno purchases, why not go for the Ikon flair or Indigo or Corsa or Accent which are cheaper than the Lxi by 10K to a Lac or more ?
I can't speak for all Baleno buyers - but, in my case, the price was not the deciding factor. I have loved the car as an overall package for years now, was quite hooked after the testdrive, was impressed by its performance figures (on tbhp, magazines etc), know the reliability that comes with a Suzuki and did not find any car that came close in that range. My budget easily covered the NHC, and I like Honda, but the looks put me off.
Inshort, price or discounts were never the deciding factor.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:28   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
If I'm not mistaken, the poll was about which car would you buy now......it does not in any way signify "better" or "worse".
Really? Would you buy something which in your perception is bad ?
Old 11th April 2006, 10:32   #250
Senior - BHPian

Mods close this thread this is going no where. Everyone loves thier cars they own. So everyone is being a little biased. The original starter of this thread now have a Idea which one to go for. So i think its time to close.

We all know there are a lot of baleno fans over here and a lot of fiesta as well. Baleno is like 5 - 6 years old where as fiesta is only 5 months. So you really cant judge perfectly. So below is my verdict (UNBAISED)

Looks: Fiesta wins over baleno
Performance: Both will be same. Neglect the 0.25 secs difference
FE: Baleno as it is lighter and engine power is also less.
Interiors: Fiesta
City drivable: Fiesta
Suspension: Baleno (Gr8 suspension)
Safety: Fiesta
A.S.S: Baleno (though i dont belive much in *** of any company as there are always bad and good dealers.)
V.F.M: now here i cant comment actually. The one who has a little surplus money will got for fiesta as you will have a new dashing car in had + safety features + better engine and technology. The ones who have the same amount can go for baleno and can get thier balenos modded for the price they are paying for fiesta. But still publicly your car will be considered latest.

I know this may hurt a lot of fiesta as well as baleno owners but the facts and truths are always bitter.

So cheers and have fun.

P.S. Just see the poll figures. 95:59 hehe. Just rotate the figures and all will be same
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
If I'm not mistaken, the poll was about which car would you buy now......it does not in any way signify "better" or "worse"

Last edited by abhibh : 11th April 2006 at 10:36.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:38   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

The Baleno fails the "city drivability" criterion ? You must be kidding.
How about starting off with actually test driving the cars that you decide to evaluate ?
Old 11th April 2006, 10:42   #252
Senior - BHPian

Lightbulb

Hey,

My review is totally unbiased.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
The Baleno fails the "city drivability" criterion ? You must be kidding.
How about starting off with actually test driving the cars that you decide to evaluate ?
Old 11th April 2006, 11:08   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
If price was the main reason behind Baleno purchases, why not go for the Ikon flair or Indigo or Corsa or Accent which are cheaper than the Lxi by 10K to a Lac or more ?
Simply, because they do not fall in the same category. Baleno has always been compared with the upper mid-sizers like City, Lancer, Fiesta, Aveo and not the entry level ones - and its the cheapest among them.
Old 11th April 2006, 11:21   #254
Senior - BHPian

No doubt Baleno looks old.. but I found (my opinion.. dont quarrel with my opinion.. have ur own instead ) the Fiesta front end design to be a plain Jane.. i.e the design is neither new age nor retro or flashy or sporty or modern.. its soooo plain and boring. Look at the Focus or the Mondeo and see what I mean... the Fiesta seems to be an exception to the design cues that Ford designers put on all their models.

Of course, the rear end of the Fiesta is way better than that of the nasty looking Baleno rear end. Vip3r.. where r those desperately needed tail light mods ?
Old 11th April 2006, 11:31   #255
BANNED

Baleno's light weight and great torque make it a much better city driver than the Fiesta. Absolutely no contest there.

Fiesta's power comes much later...which makes it decent for highway use, but no match for the Baleno in the city.

And yes, I have test driven both cars before posting comments.
Closed Thread