Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2013, 13:31   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 2,279 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
Saw this ad in the team-bhp classified.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...da/Laura.html/

Asking price of 8.75L must be 8 - 8.25L realistically for this 2010 model registered in TN. Given that there is only a small difference in tax between TN and KA, the actual KA price for 2010 model should be around the same. Adding another 50K for 2011 model, though as you pointed the car in question is mostly 2010 make, should make the realistic price of around 8.5L. So I should start from 8L to reach 8.5L. Now the only problem I face is, am I going to hurt his feeling by quoting about 3 Lakhs less?
That car's also clocked 43K kms. Give about 50k for that and 50k for higher prices in Bangalore and you're looking at 9 ~ 9.5 again.

Negotiation is an art. Something that I am bad at myself
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 13:50   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
That car's also clocked 43K kms. Give about 50k for that and 50k for higher prices in Bangalore and you're looking at 9 ~ 9.5 again.

Negotiation is an art. Something that I am bad at myself
That's true with me also. Anyways, I hope I will have a good conversation today

By the way, what is the mileage you get in Bangalore traffic? I know there is no point in asking this question as this is a drivers car and those who enjoys it shouldn't be worried about fuel spend. But this will be my only car and the one for daily use as I will be selling off my WagonR soon afterwards. Also, the oil thirsty nature for which this engine is famous came down as you reached 38K kms? Another point I missed with this car is it's nearing the second service at 30K, what are the costs expected at this service?
alexanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 14:29   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 2,279 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

Duplicate post due to network failure. Request mods to delete this post. Thanks.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 28th June 2013 at 14:38. Reason: Duplicate post.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 14:31   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 2,279 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
That's true with me also. Anyways, I hope I will have a good conversation today

By the way, what is the mileage you get in Bangalore traffic? I know there is no point in asking this question as this is a drivers car and those who enjoys it shouldn't be worried about fuel spend. But this will be my only car and the one for daily use as I will be selling off my WagonR soon afterwards. Also, the oil thirsty nature for which this engine is famous came down as you reached 38K kms? Another point I missed with this car is it's nearing the second service at 30K, what are the costs expected at this service?
In Bangalore city I get about 9 kmpl with sedate driving. If the roads are empty then this goes upto about 11~ 12 kmpl. It all depends on how you drive. But it seldom falls below 8 kpl. On highways I have even achieved upto 16 kpl .

My car has consumed about a litre of oil in between services. Meaning to say it consumes about a litre per 7,500 kms. During service of course it requires about 4 1/2 litres of fresh oil. I got my car remapped recently and it now produces 200 bhp . Here's the link to my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...uspension.html.
Second service will typically cost you 9 ~ 10 K.

Wish you all the best for your negotiations.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 18:06   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

I went to meet the seller some time back. The car looks very decently kept and like new. I test drove it for about a kilometer or so. Overall car looked fine so I didn't go for longer drive. He showed all the details of the car like the registration doc, insurance and service bills. Everything looked fine. When it came to pricing his single statement put a full stop for further talk :-) "11 Lakh not a penny less." So now I hardly have any words to say as he completely blocked me from quoting anything below 11L. So I wished him best with his sale and returned home. May be he just started off with his selling so the high expectation.
alexanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 10:43   #66
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 208 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

I am keen on a Diesel Automatic used car for a while, and the cheapest alternative in the market looks like the Octavia's (2004-2006). Even if I factor in 2 lakhs for failures, these still turn out cheaper than the next best alternatives.

I have seen check points for Laura in this post, but can any Octavia AT owners or experienced folks comment on (1) what things to check before buying an Octavia AT & (2) what parts can fail in future ?

Cars I am looking at :
http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...12010-D462130/

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...12010-S404756/

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...12010-D282741/
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 13:56   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 273
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
I am keen on a Diesel Automatic used car for a while, and the cheapest alternative in the market looks like the Octavia's (2004-2006).
I think there were very few Octy AT sold. Do you know how reliable the transmission is? Skoda parts pricing is well-known for customer-gauging. You may be better off with a Scorpio AT.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th August 2013 at 09:36. Reason: Fixed incorrect quote tags for better visibility
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 14:25   #68
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 549
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

The new octy is to be also launched this month, if you can stretch your budget, await the pricing soon, there should be an automatic gear-box in the new car.
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 16:01   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,356
Thanked: 506 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
The new octy is to be also launched this month, if you can stretch your budget, await the pricing soon, there should be an automatic gear-box in the new car.
New Octavia AT pricing is expected be 20+ lakhs onroad!
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 22:06   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Thane
Posts: 43
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

I am evaluating a 2010 Skoda Laura 2.0 TDi CR Automatic - Ambition trim. It belongs to one of my colleagues, the car has approximately 35K on odometer. I have a question on a big dent on the underside of chassis below the driver side door - as of now it is hindering smooth movement of door, however the owner is getting it fixed. The other question I have is about an opening symmetric to exhaust pipe on the right side of the bumper, is that for the tow hook?
How badly could the dent affect future resale? Can it be restored to near original without compromising the structural integrity of the car?
The other car I have looked at is a Laura 2009-10 1.9 TDi Elegance Automatic with 53K on odometer - this is a certified used car, the car looks good except that the tyres are a bit worn. The dealer says it is good to go for another 15K km. He is quoting INR 10 lakhs for this.
I need your help in an informed decision making, Insights from forum members would be really helpful.
dnahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 23:27   #71
BHPian
 
FlatOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Yorkshire Dales
Posts: 300
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahelix View Post
I am evaluating a 2010 Skoda Laura 2.0 TDi CR Automatic - Ambition trim. It belongs to one of my colleagues, the car has approximately 35K on odometer. I have a question on a big dent on the underside of chassis below the driver side door - as of now it is hindering smooth movement of door, however the owner is getting it fixed. The other question I have is about an opening symmetric to exhaust pipe on the right side of the bumper, is that for the tow hook?
How badly could the dent affect future resale? Can it be restored to near original without compromising the structural integrity of the car?
The other car I have looked at is a Laura 2009-10 1.9 TDi Elegance Automatic with 53K on odometer - this is a certified used car, the car looks good except that the tyres are a bit worn. The dealer says it is good to go for another 15K km. He is quoting INR 10 lakhs for this.
I need your help in an informed decision making, Insights from forum members would be really helpful.
Pics are better than a thousand words, but if the door doesn't shut well then I'd be concerned the repair was done correctly, making sure any internal bracing members in the sill were not affected and if so, structural integrity restored to the sill. Also make sure the sill to floor seam is watertight.

How did this damage occur - I'm mystified! Pics please.
FlatOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 08:03   #72
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Thane
Posts: 43
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Thanks a ton Flatout. Apparently it climbed on a footpath or brushed against it. I will try to get some snaps today. It is not repaired as yet.
dnahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 08:18   #73
BHPian
 
yogibear007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 146
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Buying a used Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahelix View Post
The other car I have looked at is a Laura 2009-10 1.9 TDi Elegance Automatic with 53K on odometer - this is a certified used car, the car looks good except that the tyres are a bit worn. The dealer says it is good to go for another 15K km. He is quoting INR 10 lakhs for this.
I need your help in an informed decision making, Insights from forum members would be really helpful.
Good tires of this size can burn a hole in your pocket. So do keep aside a budget for that. 4 year old (probably going five in near term), 53K on board, with Auto. I think you can get this reduced by another 100K at least. Considering that this is a certified car, they have very high margins on these levels but there definitely is more room for bargaining in this.

If this is a second set of rubber on these wheels and worn already, you should think about the way it's driven till date too and do some closer inspections of the innards. Else, if this is the first set, seems to be exceptionally well driven. One plus point on the vehicle and one less on bargain side Good luck.
yogibear007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2013, 17:15   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 69
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Brochure Required For Discontinued Skoda Laura

dear fellow Bhpians,
i am buying a used skoda laura for which i need the brochure so that i can compare the features and equipment list between the elegance and ambient models. Could not find any website with brochure for discontinued cars.

Following models brochure are required.

Skoda Laura Ambiente 1.9 TDI AT [2009-2010]
Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI CR AT [2010-2011]
Skoda Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI AT [2009-2010]

Thanks in advance.
Also should i go for 2.0 TDi or the 1.9 TDi.

Last edited by anarchy_99 : 24th September 2013 at 17:16.
anarchy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 19:05   #75
BHPian
 
vyasachetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Hi,

I am planning to buy a used Skoda laura or Vw Jetta / Passat, automatic have some clarifications..

. Skoda laura as I know received a facelift in 2009, was the engine 2 lt 140bhp one before 2009 also?
. When did the Jetta and passat receive a facelift ? And what Diesel engine was it running in prior to the facelift?
. Which car do you all suggest, is the passat too expensive to maintain compared to the other two?

Appreciate any inputs from your end.

Thanks
Chetan
vyasachetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Skoda Rapid or Used Skoda Laura coolboy007 Sedans 19 15th July 2012 11:31
Skoda Laura Ambiente-cheaper Laura deuce-deuce The Indian Car Scene 94 11th July 2008 06:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks