Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 21st March 2012, 22:08   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Sunny vs VW Vento TDI EDIT: Its a Sunny Diesel XLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Oh in that case I am glad I would be buying it before the budget. Delhi already charges 9% approx as road tax for vehicles costing less then 10L.
Somehow I missed your conclusion my friend - congratulations on the new Sunny ! How has your experience been ? The Japs got lucky the second time , Vento was the near miss both times isn't it ?
I would keep a close eye on your experience with the Sunny , may have to plonk on a second car and its on my radar.
cheers
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:29   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys after a long thought we have decided to go with the Nissan Sunny diesel XLD. The waiting period is more then a month and we wanted the car before the budget.
Hi Mohit,

congratulations. When did you book and when is the expected delivery date? I'm also favorably inclined towards the Sunny diesel XL variant.
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:47   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Somehow I missed your conclusion my friend - congratulations on the new Sunny ! How has your experience been ? The Japs got lucky the second time , Vento was the near miss both times isn't it ?
I would keep a close eye on your experience with the Sunny , may have to plonk on a second car and its on my radar.
cheers
Well its always extremely tough to ignore those Japs. In my family we really value reliability, good service experience a lot. VW somehow always misses out on some parameter. I have booked the car. Tried to get the car before the budget but that wasn't possible since the colour I wanted (bronze grey) wasn't available. So waiting for the colour to arrive.

Now the next german car I will buy will be for my own use and I aim to get that 3 series. Enough flirting with the other Europeans .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
congratulations. When did you book and when is the expected delivery date? I'm also favorably inclined towards the Sunny diesel XL variant.
The car should be delivered soon. No date available as of now. But it should arrive in another 15 days maximum. The XL variant makes more sense to me. Buy the XV if you will drive the car on your own since then you might enjoy the start stop button and the keyless entry. In case you are chauffeured then stick to the XL. You can opt for some really nice Allows and seat covers and still save money.
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:56   #124
BHPian

Congratulations on the CAAAR booking Mohit.

Just came to know yesterday that Nath Motors (Nissan dealer) is opening their workshop right beneath my office. We can already see a couple of Micras and a Sunny parked in the side alley.
Old 22nd March 2012, 15:12   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Congratulations on the CAAAR booking Mohit.

Just came to know yesterday that Nath Motors (Nissan dealer) is opening their workshop right beneath my office. We can already see a couple of Micras and a Sunny parked in the side alley.
Thanks. Well thats good to hear that more dealerships are coming up. Nissan has got off to a flying start with the Sunny. For a new company nothing can beat the current success they are enjoying. With a mass market offering they will ensure that the brand has a lot of visibility on our roads and hence generates interest. Also with more and more users the company would get very good "word of mouth" publicity and in our country nothing beats that.

BTW if you get time then just go and experience the back seat of the car. It adds a whole new meaning to those caaar adds. I have no hesitation in saying that this might be the best car to be driven in.
Old 28th June 2012, 21:45   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Note From Support Team - Thread Closed, For any discussion on these two cars or others in this range please refer to This Thread (Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Others) for discussion.
Closed Thread