Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 29th March 2012, 19:41   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Manza 1.3 Qjt OR Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCi

Just a thought, why dont you look at a preowned Linea or a pre owned Optra Magnum in Diesel within 6.5lakhs or 7 lakhs, you get plenty of cars which have clocked below 20k Kms.

Saves money and solves your problem too.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:53   #62
BHPian

People who are looking for a loan, the used car may not work out due to the higher interest rates. If its ready cash, I agree we have lots of options. Why not a used Innova @8lacs. To me there is nothing as reliable used vehicle as a Innova today.
sam_sant2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
When exactly did you take the car? Is it an LXi/CLxi/SXi model? Did you make any ownership thread here?

I have done around 9500 kms in 7 months. But it remained idle for about 45 days in between in the seven months.

You are absolutely correct: Even after driving 660 kms in a single day, from Hazaribag to Lucknow recently, I didn't feel tired at all. But I get an average of only 13.5 kms in the city, and around 19-20 kms on highway.

Vipin Kumar.
I have taken the car in November 2011. I havn't created any ownership thread. Mine is Lxi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post

Wow thats good to hear. What was your cruising speeds? I havent done any long trips yet.
I have maintained the car below 80 km/hr. Crusing at 60-70 km/hr.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th May 2012 at 10:49. Reason: Back to Back Posts. Please refrain
johnjojo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:41   #64
BHPian

Default Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCi - A Lot of Them!

Suddenly I again find a lot many SXI models of the Classic Fiesta on the road in Lucknow. There is of course one more showroom open here.

Till a little earlier, they were doubtful about its future, and were only eager to sell the CLXi.

Incidentally, there is less of the Global Fiestas on road. Is it so everywhere?

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 22:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Just a thought, why dont you look at a preowned Linea or a pre owned Optra Magnum in Diesel within 6.5lakhs or 7 lakhs, you get plenty of cars which have clocked below 20k Kms.

Saves money and solves your problem too.
I guess you need to be really lucky to get a pre-owned Diesel sedan within 6.5 lakhs and that which has not clocked more than 20k Kms. I was under the same dilemma and I did give this option a try but most of the pre owned Diesel sedans in the 6 lakh range had done more than 40-50k kms. I eventually settled for a new Manza. And now my personal opinion is that if you can stretch your budget to 9L, then a new Manza is better than a pre owned Optra ( for 7L ).
explorer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 22:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09 View Post
I guess you need to be really lucky to get a pre-owned Diesel sedan within 6.5 lakhs and that which has not clocked more than 20k Kms. I was under the same dilemma and I did give this option a try but most of the pre owned Diesel sedans in the 6 lakh range had done more than 40-50k kms. I eventually settled for a new Manza. And now my personal opinion is that if you can stretch your budget to 9L, then a new Manza is better than a pre owned Optra ( for 7L ).
A lot has changed from march till June now. every year between december to march you get better deals in the used car market.(petrol price hikes also has caused huge deand for 2nd hand diesel cars)

We can not compare a manza to a optra, Optra is a car with a lot of driving pleasure & much better in handling and looks, Manza is good on space and cost factor.

if given a choice i will spend 7 lakh on a well maintained 40k km run optra or linea verus spending 8 or 9 lakh on a brand new manza, but that my personal choice, everyone has different priorities.

Drive Safe.

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 3rd June 2012 at 22:56.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 23:21   #67
BHPian

Interesting thread so far. Keeping all things in perspective, and if a sedan is NOT your your overriding requirement, maybe you could consider an Ertiga diesel. Even the base model comes equipped with ABS - not something that Manza and Fiesta Classic can boast of. And with it comes the reliability of Maruti Suzuki and its unparalleled A$$ network. The car handles like a car and not a MPV which is what it is, liberates oodles of space inside while being compact on the outside and has a far better gearbox than the Manza. The heart is also the the tried & tested 1.3 MJD, the national engine of India, running in exactly the same set of tune as the Manza. What's more, the car is here to stay, so that is yet another plus point in its favour. With an Ertiga you get versatility, handling (after a fashion) and a reliable mill. Maybe you ought to look at it. For further research here are a few links that should help. Just my two cents.
Cheers !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rtiga-zxi.html (I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ndra-xylo.html (Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo)

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga : FAQs Answered! Page - 1| Zigwheels.com

Ertiga vs Innova - Feature - Autocar India
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 13:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

I am yet to see a Fiesta taxi in Mumbai/Thane not on Meru/Easycabs atleast. Private tourist taxis maybe.
Taxi operators are looking for reliability, FE and Low Maintenance. Fiesta D only meets the FE - the other two factors are ??
INNOVATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 02:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
Taxi operators are looking for reliability, FE and Low Maintenance. Fiesta D only meets the FE - the other two factors are ??
The individual/small operators, yes. The big ones such Meru/Easy cabs, the special pricing offered by OEMs decides who gets the order. Depending on available unsold inventory, OEMS offer a price much lower than prevailing in market to these big guys.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 19:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
People who are looking for a loan, the used car may not work out due to the higher interest rates. If its ready cash, I agree we have lots of options. Why not a used Innova @8lacs. To me there is nothing as reliable used vehicle as a Innova today.
Hi Sam,

I currently own Vista QJD and planning to upgrade to Sedan or SUV. I have opted for two
1) Fiesta Classic Titanium
2) Renault Duster 85 RxE

I do not find any other vehicle attractive. Though I recommended you manza in this thread, when time came to buy for me I think Ford Fiesta classic sounds better anyday. So How is your Fiesta Classic doing? How is maintenance cost? Part Cost?

I want to invest minimum amount. I am getting Rs.50000 discount on Fiesta classic. Do not ask me how? So OTR price for Classic Titanium will come around 8.5L while duster will take away 9.3L. What would you suggest?
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Hi Sam,

I currently own Vista QJD and planning to upgrade to Sedan or SUV. I have opted for two
1) Fiesta Classic Titanium
2) Renault Duster 85 RxE

I do not find any other vehicle attractive. Though I recommended you manza in this thread, when time came to buy for me I think Ford Fiesta classic sounds better anyday. So How is your Fiesta Classic doing? How is maintenance cost? Part Cost?

I want to invest minimum amount. I am getting Rs.50000 discount on Fiesta classic. Do not ask me how? So OTR price for Classic Titanium will come around 8.5L while duster will take away 9.3L. What would you suggest?
My fiesta is doing well. Cant advice on parts costs since by gods grace nothing much has gone wrong Although not too happy with mileage coming over from Swift D. Atleast 2-3 kmpl lesser than Swift in most conditions. Fiesta might get 20+ but only if you drive at precisely 70kmph probably.

If I were you, I would have gone for Duster now bcoz -
1) Fiesta engine is 7 yrs old. Lacks refinement - my personal feeling. Once she is hot, she does well though. Fiesta as such is lovable for the driving dynamics and suspension!!! iam a fan of it for that alone.

2) Duster is a new entrant and will be here for sometime and has a proven engine. It is a small head turner for now interior quality is something lacking in duster. And having said that, ever since Figo came in, Fiesta Classic interiors quality has also come down. Not like the original Fiestas of yester years, but a positive was that parts price came down!
sam_sant2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 23:26   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Just yesterday I was in my friends 80k driven Ford Fiesta. If I had not seen the odo, I would have thought the car was less than 20k-30k old.

Not a single rattle, vibration. Everything still perfect and the dashboard looked very good.

He does maintain the car very well. But the car also responds well to love and care.
I also had a similar experience. Was travelling a very short distance inside the city in one of my friends' Fiesta (now Classic). The odo had clocked about 1,40,000 KMs but it was as good as a 20,000 run car.

I was amazed by the built quality of the car.

Manza can never come close to this car in this subject. Classic will score well.

I have only two apprehensions:

1. The cost of spare parts and maintenance.
2. Phasing out - as it has become an old car now.

Last edited by byomjeet : 13th November 2012 at 23:30. Reason: Wanted to add some more lines.
byomjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 13:24   #73

In terms of reliability, the Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi is pretty reliable. I own a 2007 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi that has clocked more than 91,000 Kms, and the engine is still running as smoothly and sounds as new. I do take care of the car well and get it serviced at the dealer at the recommended intervals. Recently, I was toying with the idea of selling this car and buying a new one as I too was under the mistaken impression that these cars won't last much longer than 100K Kms, but after researching on Team-BHP, I have learnt that a Fiesta Diesel if maintained well can run pretty long reliably (over KM 200K+). Now I have decided to keep on driving this car and get parts repaired or replaced as and when needed until the car reliability goes down or repair costs exceed Rs 40,000 per year average. Even if the repair costs go up, keeping my existing car would turn out much cheaper than buying a new car.
So in terms of long term reliability, you can't go wrong with a Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
ssenhyd is offline   Reply With Quote