Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


View Poll Results: Which of the following cars would you buy?
Honda City (non-vtec) 75 24.75%
Chevy Aveo 1.6 49 16.17%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 82 27.06%
Baleno Vxi 97 32.01%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2006, 11:25   #46
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

This poll has almost come to an end.....no activities since mar-30.

As the poll stands, Baleno is leading @ 35% and the rest all around 20% each.

My inferences [if your opionion is differnt pls dont pounce on me......just let others know about ur thots....]

1. This forum is filled with a lot of die-hard Baleno fans, who will not take up any other car at any cost
2. Aveo will eat up into the NHC pie mainly and a few Fiesta-petrol buyers.
3. Fiesta-diesel sales will increase until, hyndai launches verna. Then it needs to be seen.
4. Even though Baleno i leading this poll, i believe Aveo might eat up into the sales of Baleno to some extent, not as much as NHC.
venkatrx is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 12:35   #47
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
This poll has almost come to an end.....no activities since mar-30.

As the poll stands, Baleno is leading @ 35% and the rest all around 20% each.

My inferences [if your opionion is differnt pls dont pounce on me......just let others know about ur thots....]

1. This forum is filled with a lot of die-hard Baleno fans, who will not take up any other car at any cost
2. Aveo will eat up into the NHC pie mainly and a few Fiesta-petrol buyers.
3. Fiesta-diesel sales will increase until, hyndai launches verna. Then it needs to be seen.
4. Even though Baleno i leading this poll, i believe Aveo might eat up into the sales of Baleno to some extent, not as much as NHC.
One big assumption you are making here is that all of the indian car-buying public are like team-bhp members i.e everyone evaluates all aspects of a car, thrashes it out with other like-minded and experienced people in various threads, and then makes a very informed decision.

Sigh - I wish this were true ........ we would have had a lot better lot of cars right now in the market.
goldie_malhotra is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 12:43   #48
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
One big assumption you are making here is that all of the indian car-buying public are like team-bhp members i.e everyone evaluates all aspects of a car, thrashes it out with other like-minded and experienced people in various threads, and then makes a very informed decision.

Sigh - I wish this were true ........ we would have had a lot better lot of cars right now in the market.
Goldie , I wish if every car buyer had access to quality info available on team-bhp. BTW before seeing team-BHP based on friends feedback i was about to buy NHC, after logging on to team-BHP i ended up buying a Baleno........and no regrets.
venkatrx is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 13:00   #49
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Goldie , I wish if every car buyer had access to quality info available on team-bhp. BTW before seeing team-BHP based on friends feedback i was about to buy NHC, after logging on to team-BHP i ended up buying a Baleno........and no regrets.
To each his own - even I scouted Team-BHP a lot before buying my car (as a non-member), was impressed by baleno's (also optra) not-so-well-known capabilites, but still ended up buying an NHC - mainly thanks to awesome raves of the vtec.
goldie_malhotra is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 14:58   #50
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,164
Thanked: 1,638 Times
Default

How could I ever have missed this new poll all these days?
Anyway, given the choices, it was a no-brainer - the Baleno, what else ?

And what an awesome array of choices in the poll - 2 cars that just hit the market recently, another one that has been here for sometime now and finally an old warhorse that has been around for 7 years. And still, the clear and absolute winner is the warhorse. Interesting... And I guess pretty frustrating for someone out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
i can see aseem bhai wanting to prove that the baleno is way outdated and the production has to be stopped with immediate effect ..
No harm, mclaren. This is free country - he can keep trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I don't want to start another heated debate but this is interesting.....when I compare the current results with the earlier one of Baleno vs Fiesta, it seems to me that most of the Baleno votes have now got split between the City & Aveo (because the gap between the Fiesta and Baleno votes is just 11, 21 vs 32); don't tell me the loyal Baleno fans are switching loyalties.....
Better go have a look at the gap now.
BTW, is it that difficult to give credit where it is due (even if grudgingly) instead of coming up with unsubstantiated theories ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells
To be honest, I have NEVER EVER seen so many baleno lovers in my life in a single forum. Some one should tell MUL about this
Imagine what would happen if MUL agrees to give a face lift (and an even more desperately need back lift) to Baleno!!!
I was also pretty surprised when I discovered this site - it is really amazing. Well, if MUL did not learn in the last 7 years, do you think they will learn now? Usually a car becomes famous due to the manufacturer's efforts. The Baleno has become famous (albeit late in the day) inspite of their inaction.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th April 2006 at 15:08.
supremeBaleno is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 15:49   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
BTW, is it that difficult to give credit where it is due (even if grudgingly) instead of coming up with unsubstantiated theories ?
SB, did you read my post? I said the difference between Fiesta & Baleno in this post (Straight numbers) and that in the original one perhaps indicates that the Baleno votes in the original one have now got split between Aveo & NHC.....that is STILL the case if you check both the polls.

Credit for what....??? Does one HAVE to like the Baleno just because Baleno owners do? Come on, I've explained ages ago that I find the Baleno to be hopelessly outdated and I prefer a fresher car so I went for the Fiesta....that hasn't changed. No offence but your tastes are different as are mine so........credit for what? Credit for the fact that there are a significantly higher number of Baleno fans on this forum despite the fact that its outdated and a 7 year old warhorse.....well, definitely!
suman is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 16:23   #52
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,164
Thanked: 1,638 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
SB, did you read my post? I said the difference between Fiesta & Baleno in this post (Straight numbers) and that in the original one perhaps indicates that the Baleno votes in the original one have now got split between Aveo & NHC.....that is STILL the case if you check both the polls.
That was just a technicality you used in your post to take a shot at the fact that the Baleno aced this poll as well.
And BTW, the numbers are sure to vary depending on the cars in the poll. Asked to choose between a Fiesta and a Baleno, a person might choose Baleno. Throw in the NHC or the NHC-Vtec, his choice could change, which is actually healthy because he is carefully evaluating all available options instead of voting with his heart. In this 4-car poll, if it was the NHC-Vtec (not plain NHC), I would have voted for it (and so would lot of others). So, the logic about Baleno lovers deserting it for the Aveo or whatever, is just convoluted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Credit for what....???
Credit for the fact that it still wins these polls against rank newcomers who should have actually been giving it a run for its money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I find the Baleno to be hopelessly outdated and I prefer a fresher car so I went for the Fiesta....that hasn't changed.
Outdated only in looks and interiors. Definitely not in technology. You like newer (which does not automatically translate into better) looks. Others prefer older looks, but a better car. To each his own.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 7th April 2006 at 16:26.
supremeBaleno is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 16:44   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,099
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I don't want to start another heated debate but this is interesting.....when I compare the current results with the earlier one of Baleno vs Fiesta, it seems to me that most of the Baleno votes have now got split between the City & Aveo (because the gap between the Fiesta and Baleno votes is just 11, 21 vs 32); don't tell me the loyal Baleno fans are switching loyalties.....
Please also see the ratio of Votes. On the other poll it is 83/56 = 1.48
Here it is 38/22 = 1.72.

So while on that poll only 48% more persons like Fiesta compared to Baleno, here it is 72% more..so on this Poll, Baleno is performing Better compared to Fiesta....
remember, more the options / competition, lesser the market share of any Brand..and this voting is no different.
IMHO...it just goes on to show the loyalty that Baleno users have with the car.... that it is performing much better compared to Fiesta even in a scenario when users have been given a choice.
Buffetfan is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 16:46   #54
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Credit for the fact that it still wins these polls against rank newcomers who should have actually been giving it a run for its money.
hmmm .... wondering what the outcome would have been if the OHC had been in the picture
bye-bye Aveo, Fiesta, NHC, and to some extent, baleno too .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Outdated only in looks and interiors. Definitely not in technology. You like newer (which does not automatically translate into better) looks. Others prefer older looks, but a better car. To each his own.
hmmm - what new(er) technology does Fiesta offer ??? - just curious ....
Aveo has VGIS
NHC has iDSI and VTEC (i know its around 20 years old, but still better than normal DOHC)

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 7th April 2006 at 16:51.
goldie_malhotra is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 16:52   #55
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

I chose Aveo from the bunch because:

Aveo: Looks nice, good interiors, good VFM, Optra engine in a smaller car should be interesting. Overall this package looks best to me.

Bad: No disc brakes at the back, crappy gearbox.

Baleno: Best performance, cheaper to buy, great A.S.S

Bad: Looks ugly and outdated compared to the others, everybody has one, Aseem, Suman and Goldie will hate me.

Fiesta: Looks good, decent interiors, ok performance.

Bad: Ford dealers and A.S.S., SupremeBaleno and Goldie will hate me.

NHC: Good overall package, good FE, Brand Value, reliability etc

Bad: Don't like the looks, dodgy high speed handling, taxis will blitz away from me at signals, overpriced, everybody has one, SupremeBaleno and Suman will hate me.

Just my opinion...
Boom Shiva is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 16:59   #56
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I chose Aveo from the bunch because:

Aveo:

Baleno: Aseem, Suman and Goldie will hate me.

Fiesta: SupremeBaleno and Goldie will hate me.

NHC: SupremeBaleno and Suman will hate me.

Just my opinion...


but beware lest some dedicated aveo fans should start posting in this thread ... then you wouldnt have that choice as well
goldie_malhotra is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 17:01   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I chose Aveo from the bunch because:

Aveo: Looks nice, good interiors, good VFM, Optra engine in a smaller car should be interesting. Overall this package looks best to me.

Bad: No disc brakes at the back, crappy gearbox.

Baleno: Best performance, cheaper to buy, great A.S.S

Bad: Looks ugly and outdated compared to the others, everybody has one, Aseem, Suman and Goldie will hate me.

Fiesta: Looks good, decent interiors, ok performance.

Bad: Ford dealers and A.S.S., SupremeBaleno and Goldie will hate me.

NHC: Good overall package, good FE, Brand Value, reliability etc

Bad: Don't like the looks, dodgy high speed handling, taxis will blitz away from me at signals, overpriced, everybody has one, SupremeBaleno and Suman will hate me.

Just my opinion...
Boom, you are hilarious , a really good post! And no, I won't hate you if you choose the NHC....!
suman is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 17:02   #58
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,164
Thanked: 1,638 Times
Default

Boom Shiva, That was one hilarious post (the part about some of us hating you for choosing certain cars).
supremeBaleno is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 17:11   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
You like newer (which does not automatically translate into better) looks. Others prefer older looks, but a better car. To each his own.
Fresher car as in overall package, not looks alone....its that feeling that you are in a new product, not one that is 7 years old. Of course, with a decent performance package and good VFM thrown in - translated into the Fiesta for me.

There is nothing new in the Baleno apart from CC - not reason enough for me. And, on a different note, if I wanted to go in for a car that had been around for a while and did, to a certain extent, appeal to me, I had the option of the Optra (though higher priced) 1.6 Royale....but, stupid me, I still wanted a "fresh & new package" so.......
suman is offline  
Old 7th April 2006, 17:25   #60
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore / Madras
Posts: 1,980
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Please also see the ratio of Votes. On the other poll it is 83/56 = 1.48
Here it is 38/22 = 1.72.
Please also see the total number of votes!
hrag is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spares Cost : Aveo/Baleno/Fiesta/NHC venkatrx Sedans 140 6th July 2011 22:11
Aveo vs Verna EDIT: Bought Aveo an10 Sedans 82 8th April 2008 17:01
Help me decide - Baleno / Fiesta / Aveo ? netarchie Sedans 27 6th May 2006 13:30
what car - Fiesta/Aveo/Baleno/... ? my story cutthecords Sedans 16 27th April 2006 12:56
NHC City Mileage Poll with full AC venkatrx The Indian Car Scene 3 26th March 2006 14:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks