Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 4th February 2013, 18:14   #436
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
4) VW Vento HighLine
Drove this after the Rapid. I already love how the car looks. I loved the interiors. Loved the fit finish of the dash. Loved the classy leatherette seats. Sales exec was the best ive ever met. No issues with the length of test drive. very informative, patient, not pushy at all, and explained everything really well and in a non sales-terms talk. Stock audio was decent. no BT still, but im ok with that. Rear seat was good for 2. For the first time i even sat in the rear of any cars i tested, just because it felt good. Loved the terra beige colour as well. The blackened headlamps on the newer Ventos (and Polos) looked nice with this shade. My other option was silver, but i really liked the terra beige better. I was sold. Still...
The 2013 refreshed Vento is being offered with Bluetooth as they are offering an upgraded HU (RCD320) and a new Grey color
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 16:35   #437
BHPian

Default Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I have a Rapid and my friend has a Vento. We sometimes swap our cars and yes there is no difference. I am happy with my Rapid and he is happy with his Vento .
Of course you must be happy with your Rapid. You wouldn't have bought one if you didn't prefer it over the Vento. I was just stating my personal choice in the looks department and why I think it would be a better buy. Congrats on being a happy Rapid owner.
Vivek Jayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 19:37   #438
BHPian

So what are the opinions about the special edition sunny?
travelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 00:32   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
So what are the opinions about the special edition sunny?
Sunny is, no doubt, a good car or rather a caar (as they call it). As the adage goes "beauty lies at the eyes of the beholder", I somehow dont like the looks of the car. It looks like a grandmother to me.
byomjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 23:58   #440
BHPian

I was referring to the special edition sunny that was just announced a couple of days back.
Old 8th February 2013, 10:47   #441
BHPian

I am also in same boat as many bhpians here. Having owned a Swift (P) for 6 years, upgrading is a tough task, reason being very few (read again, very few) cars give that much driving joy. So obviously the fight is between Vento-D and Rapid-D. I find the Rapid better mainly because of better NVH, better in handling bad roads and slightly better highway manners. There is that Vitamin M factor as well, since Rapid is cheaper (sans steering audio control etc. which for me is not a deal breaker).

I will use the car in Chennai and Bangalore and mainly on the highway between these to cities (80:20 - HWY:CITY as of now). I know in Bangalore, Vinayak Skoda is doing a good job for services, but want to know the state of Skoda dealer (Only Gurudev Motors?) in Chennai. I have heard VW service horror stories as well (e.g. ajmat's case for instance).

Please advice.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 8th February 2013 at 10:55.
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2013, 13:11   #442
BHPian

Though its off topic, can anyone please tell what are the upfront road tax rates in Delhi and Punjab.
Old 8th February 2013, 19:01   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though its off topic, can anyone please tell what are the upfront road tax rates in Delhi and Punjab.
Luckily, I only know about these 2 states.

Punjab
Flat 6% of the Base price (obtained by removing VAT from the ex-showroom price)

Delhi
-For upto 6 lakh--- 4% tax
-For 6-10 lakh------7% tax
-For over 10 lakh--10% tax

So in short, if you have a choice between that states
-cheap car, then register in delhi
-reasonably expensive car(6-10 lakh) register in the one where you live, not much of a difference
-If you have a big ol' luxury car(over 10 lakh) , register in Punjab to save quite a lot of bucks

NOTE: It has been recently proposed to change the Road tax in Delhi to a flat 6% rate (just like Punjab), if this comes into effect, there would be no cost advantage between the road tax in the two states.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2013, 19:20   #444
BHPian

Thanks a lot. But found out that registration charges (not sure about the registration tax rates) in Delhi are approximately 80000 for 9 lac car (I was inquiring about the Ambition plus from Skoda.

Took a test drive of Nissan Sunny and Skoda Rapid.
Rapid - premium feeling. Good finish and great ride quality.
Sunny - Interiors leave a lot to be desired (very disappointed). Could not appreciate the huge difference in the drive quality between the two cars.

Thinking of getting Rapid Elegance plus (2012 model). Will cost me 10.07 on the road after all discounts.

Opinions please. I am in a hurry.
Old 8th February 2013, 19:36   #445
BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the special edition sunny that was just announced a couple of days back.
The car is under-powered for its size. Not sure what the special edition is, but as long as the engine is the same my vote is going to be against it.
If its going to be driver driven with you sitting in back, enjoying your news paper then ya sure sunny works. If you are into driving then naah not for you.
santoshr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2013, 19:39   #446
BHPian

Thanks. Special edition only has a rear spoiler and better accessories package. Rest all is the same.
All this apart, the interiors were a big disappointment for me.
Almost zeroed in on Rapid now. Hope i have made a wise choice.
Old 9th February 2013, 16:33   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. But found out that registration charges (not sure about the registration tax rates) in Delhi are approximately 80000 for 9 lac car (I was inquiring about the Ambition plus from Skoda.

Took a test drive of Nissan Sunny and Skoda Rapid.
Rapid - premium feeling. Good finish and great ride quality.
Sunny - Interiors leave a lot to be desired (very disappointed). Could not appreciate the huge difference in the drive quality between the two cars.

Thinking of getting Rapid Elegance plus (2012 model). Will cost me 10.07 on the road after all discounts.

Opinions please. I am in a hurry.
If you can hndle the service part, go for the Rapid. Eyes shut!
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2013, 20:49   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Almost zeroed in on Rapid now. Hope i have made a wise choice.
I checked both and couldn't tell the difference. Skoda's A.S.S. seems to be indifferent depending on where you are. Some places on this forum i have read pretty good comments. I took Rapid seriously and test drove. Found it pretty good. Finally, zeroed in on Vento (even though it is coming a premium price) as the Skoda service at my place is a question mark. Good luck.
stringbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 22:37   #449
BHPian

Hi Bhpians

i wrote my i20(Petrol Asta) exp earlier and now iam back.This time need your help in buying a Sedan car.
Budget:Under 12L(OTR)
Fueliesel
Daily drive:90Km (50 highway /50 city)
Iam not a speedester rarely go above 130.
Major Requirement is Fuel efficiency as i need to travel a lot.
And then look both interiror and exteriror.
Dont want to buy Dzire as i dont like the looks.
Iam looking for car that look like and have feature like verna and efficiency as dzire or Amaze(24Kmpl)..

Please pour in your suggestion or question i need to buy the car in next 1 month.
vineet1712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 05:58   #450
BHPian

Chose and bought Rapid elegance 2012 model for 10.07 on road. Drove on the highway yesterday and absolutely love the drive.