Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 13th October 2013, 09:31   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post

Rapid will come with steering controls. Recently i visited volkswagen plant and saw rapid on the production line with steering controls and projector headlights.
Thats awesome. Though expected, to have it confirmed is great. Sigh! Steering mounted controls and bottle holders have become deal breakers. I remember when I bought my baleno, just gave a check soon as I rode the car. Wish world was simpler.

P.s was it the euro rapid that you saw or the one thats selling in india right now??

Last edited by dr.surgeon1985 : 13th October 2013 at 09:32.
dr.surgeon1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 19:57   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 View Post

Thats awesome. Though expected, to have it confirmed is great. Sigh! Steering mounted controls and bottle holders have become deal breakers. I remember when I bought my baleno, just gave a check soon as I rode the car. Wish world was simpler.

P.s was it the euro rapid that you saw or the one thats selling in india right now??
It was indian rapid, but still parking sensors and leather seats were missing on that model. And the music system was also similar to the one we are getting in current vw vento.
tushky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 11:03   #618
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2014- The Year of the "C2" segment sedan

What I will wait for-

New Linea 2014
1.6 MJD
Better interiors than the existing Linea
I can live without bottleholders if the above conditions are fulfilled!

For me:
No Hyundai, Tata, Maruti or Skoda for me. So the decision is easier!

Last edited by selfdrive : 14th October 2013 at 11:04.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 11:42   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What I will wait for-

New Linea 2014
1.6 MJD
Better interiors than the existing Linea
I can live without bottleholders if the above conditions are fulfilled!

For me:
No Hyundai, Tata, Maruti or Skoda for me. So the decision is easier!
Got the same feeling once I drove the TJet. 1.6 MJD would increase the drool factor exponentially. So lets hope for better interiors. Fiat has to get this right and they would seize the early initiative before the new vento or euro rapid is launched.
Old 16th October 2013, 16:14   #620
BHPian

Default Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Guys, need your inputs on the following,

I have a query on the Fiesta Style model. It doesn't come with USB and comes with only Aux-in, can we purchase the Aux-in to USB converter to which we can connect an USB and play songs . Does the HU recognize this sort of connector ?

I am in the process of finalizing either the Fiesta Style model (~10L On Road price with all discounts) or the Swift ZDI (~8.25 L On Road price) given my primary requirements of Fun to drive and Safe car equipped with ABS and Dual Airbags.

For now, I have decided not to go for Vento or Rapid given that the after sales service is a question mark. Somehow feel that Ford service is good and that too I had a choice of multiple dealers/workshops.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
sriswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 18:14   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post

I have a query on the Fiesta Style model. It doesn't come with USB and comes with only Aux-in, can we purchase the Aux-in to USB converter to which we can connect an USB and play songs . Does the HU recognize this sort of connector ?

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
I guess a converter would do the job. My experiences with a stock sony HU in my Swift Vdi with a Aux to USB converter was good. And I guess that would be the case with a built in HU too.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:36   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am in the process of finalizing either the Fiesta Style model (~10L On Road price with all discounts) or the Swift ZDI (~8.25 L On Road price) given my primary requirements of Fun to drive and Safe car equipped with ABS and Dual Airbags.

For now, I have decided not to go for Vento or Rapid given that the after sales service is a question mark. Somehow feel that Ford service is good and that too I had a choice of multiple dealers/workshops.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Fiesta is of course better than a DZire.

Coming to your question on the converter, there isn't any such converter exactly. Any such thing is infact just an MP3 player.You can buy a cheap MP3 player and connect it to Aux in the car.
Or you can use your phone to play your stored songs. The difference lies in which device you will find easier to control while driving.
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 19:00   #623
BHPian

Quote:

My two cents. Is the rear leg space sufficient for you in the Fiesta? When upgrading from the Swift, it was the deal breaker for me. I now have the Vento. Is your other option the Swift or the Dzire?
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 19:37   #624
BHPian

Default Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
I Agree with @agambhandari on the point that Fiesta is a better choice than Dezire, however I strongly feel that @sriswe your perception is very important here.
From my perspective the cost to maintain a Maruthi is much affordable in the long run when compared to Ford. Both cars stand more or less at the same resale value after a certain time (I have checked some posts on popular used car sales websites).
Looking at the choices you have made I understand that boot is a definite requirement. I definitely do not want to pull you into a conversation by throwing a few other brands and models here and I know you would have already spent exhaustive hours / days / months in short listing these two cars and you are about to pick one of the two finalists.
Off late I can say that Ford has come a long way and it is trying very hard to shed the dark image it had in the market and I can certainly say that it has achieved this task to a large extent.
Looks wise I personally love the Ford Classic over its sibling and over dezire as well , however Iam not sure how long Ford is planning to continue this design as they already seem to be in love with their new grill / face of the ECO Sport and they are certainly adopting this shape for the 2014 Fiesta as well .
Related Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ed-2014-a.html.
Also please check the link http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/real-...ar-ownership-0
which is very useful in calculating the overall cost before making the choice as at the end of the day $$$ matters the most for most of us :-)
pdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 21:42   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 View Post
I guess a converter would do the job. My experiences with a stock sony HU in my Swift Vdi with a Aux to USB converter was good. And I guess that would be the case with a built in HU too.
dr.surgeon, I am expecting the same, will check if the accessory guy in Ford dealership can source one for my testing on the Style variant :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Fiesta is of course better than a DZire.

Coming to your question on the converter, there isn't any such converter exactly. Any such thing is infact just an MP3 player.You can buy a cheap MP3 player and connect it to Aux in the car.
Or you can use your phone to play your stored songs. The difference lies in which device you will find easier to control while driving.
agambhandari, its not the Dzire, its either the New Fiesta or the Swift ZDI. I didn't like the beige interiors and of course the boot design of the Dzire. You are right, some times I use my phone to connect to Aux-in of my Inidca (has Kenwood HU) for playing songs. Controlling/Choosing the tracks etc is a pain, we need to control from the phone and not via the HU remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
My two cents. Is the rear leg space sufficient for you in the Fiesta? When upgrading from the Swift, it was the deal breaker for me. I now have the Vento. Is your other option the Swift or the Dzire?
The other option is Swift, not the Dzire. When driver seat set to my comfort t the leg room in Fiesta is ok and most of the time it will be only 2 persons at the front + 1 kid at rear. To clear the confusion, I took my brothers along with me for checking out the rear leg room and comfort on the Swift, Fiesta, Vento, Rapid and Linea. 3 persons at the rear is a tight fit in all the above. Vento, Rapid has that huge transmission tunnel. Swift too had it but not as big as that of Vento, Rapid. Linea and Fiesta rear floor is flat (compared to others). Though the rear seat recline angle is bad in Fiesta, back support is good. Finally we gave the rating for the rear seat comfort in this order,
1. Linea
2. Vento/Rapid
3. Fiesta/Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Looking at the choices you have made I understand that boot is a definite requirement. I definitely do not want to pull you into a conversation by throwing a few other brands and models here and I know you would have already spent exhaustive hours / days / months in short listing these two cars and you are about to pick one of the two finalists.
Off late I can say that Ford has come a long way and it is trying very hard to shed the dark image it had in the market and I can certainly say that it has achieved this task to a large extent.

Also please check the link http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/real-...ar-ownership-0
which is very useful in calculating the overall cost before making the choice as at the end of the day $$$ matters the most for most of us :-)
pdma, my search for a new car is 1 year old, yes I started it from August 2012 and did multiple test drives of all the above cars. Initially I had many requirements , like , fun to drive, ride, handling, pickup, driving comfort, suspension, service, back seat comfort for 3 people, boot etc. Unfortunately one or the other is missing in all the cars. So had to continue with my Indica, recently highway usage is increasing and driving the Indica is becoming increasingly difficult. Now that the Indica had completed 5 years and getting a good resale value, wanted to go for a new car and dropped all criteria except
1. Fun to drive with good driving comfort.
2. Safety features, must have ABS + 2 airbags.
3. Service availability

Linea loses out in points 1 and 3, Vento and Rapid on point 3. That leaves either the Swift ZDI or Fiesta Style or Titanium (But the Titanium variant is too costly).

OTR prices as of now in Hyderabad:
Fiesta Style (2013 VIN) : 11,16,000 - 1,50,000 = 9,66,000
Fiesta Titanium (2013 VIN) : 12,57,000 - 1,50,000 = 11,07,000
Swift ZDI : 8,40,000 - 15,000 = 8,25,000

Thanks for the link on cost of ownership, will go through it :-)

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 16th October 2013, 22:11   #626
BHPian

I found linea most fun to drive. The TJet is an absolute bullet. And the 1.3 MJD is an awesome engine. But for some cheap plastics I felt linea was a pretty good package. Anyways its highly subjective
Old 17th October 2013, 14:06   #627
BHPian

@sriswe as mentioned in my previous post as well, I tried not to push any new names in front of you , having said so I am hating to do this but at the same time I do not want you to miss considering a car which seems like a fit to your requirement and I am not sure if you have already ruled this option for one reason or the other.

Have you tried checking the new ETIOS 2013 , in my view this is a perfect match to your requirement and meets the Points 1 , 2 & 3 spot on and also all the factors you are looking for including the back seat comfort for 3 which has become almost a non existant factor in most of the cars. The T badge and the maintenance cost of this car is the icing on the cake and of course the Price will definitely make your smile wider like the car .

I have already done some trips to Harsha Toyota and I have established some good relation with a SA there, just in case if you need any help on this front please let me know.

The car is proven to be reliable and you can find an extensive ownership thread of the same in the below thread and I have been following this thread from quite some time.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...0-000-kms.html
pdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 13:27   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Have you tried checking the new ETIOS 2013 , in my view this is a perfect match to your requirement and meets the Points 1 , 2 & 3 spot on and also all the factors you are looking for including the back seat comfort for 3 which has become almost a non existant factor in most of the cars. The T badge and the maintenance cost of this car is the icing on the cake and of course the Price will definitely make your smile wider like the car .
Pdma,

Yes, I already test drove the 2013 ETIOS right after the launch . I didn't feel it to be fun to drive though the driving comfort is nice. Also, didn't like the instrument cluster position in the center of the dash board. Hence dropped the ETIOS.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 20th October 2013, 12:54   #629
BHPian

Hi a few issues that i need advice on:

I have zeroed in on linea Tjet as my next car. Actually I liked both the MJD as well as the TJET. Since my monthly running is low, (approx 750 kms) and the 1.3 MJD is the same under the hood of my Swift Vdi I felt I needed a petrol and hence the TJET. I took a long TD today morning (my second TD) and i got to say i am completely satisfied with it. The car has all that I expected from it. Here are my queries :

1. I got a quote of 9.3 lacs OTR for the Tjet emotion which includes a cash discount of 1 lac plus 3k corporate discount. Is it a good deal? Should I bargain harder?

2. The dealer was advising me to go for the dynamic trim. His suggestion was that the 16" alloys with an added 5mm of ground clearence would make highway cruise bit bumpy compared to the 15" ones in dynamic trim. Is that so? I am assuming that its a marketing strategy to sell of those backlog of dynamic trims.

3. Should I wait for the 1.6 MJD to hit the market next year Q1? I actually wanted to wait when I got a call from fiat informing me of this huge cash discount which tempted me . Though my running is low, it is uncertain. I might shift my workplace and travel longer in future. I am not averse to a diesel engine if it would be a good deal.

Last edited by dr.surgeon1985 : 20th October 2013 at 13:15.
Old 26th October 2013, 16:20   #630
BHPian

Hello guys. I have been using Linea MJD since its launch Feb 2009. Recently I wanted to change and buy Rapid or Vento. One of the main thing (apart from others as well) for which i called off changing the car was that I felt Vento and Rapids clutch too springy. I mean they were not only much hard than the Linea that i drive but also the reverse action (de-pressing) was very springy in nature. It was forcing my foot out. I am sure in Mumbai's bumper to bumper traffic it will be very difficult for at least me to keep that clutch of Rapid or Vento in pressed position. Has anybody noticed this in the Rapid and Vento, is this a problem and if this is a problem can anything be done to resolve it? Aren't Skoda and VW aware of this?
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote