Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 17th June 2014, 17:54   #781
BANNED

Default Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Is Avventura available in India ? :what:

I never knew that Avventura is available in India.

No, I was talking about the business buoyancy for Fiat in the near future. The Avventura, Fiat's Punto-based Ecosport competitior is releasing in september-october, the new Punto comes next month
desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 20:59   #782
BHPian

What about the Verna 1.6. Sxo when compared to Vento or rapid as a contender?
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 10:18   #783
BHPian

Default Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
What about the Verna 1.6. Sxo when compared to Vento or rapid as a contender?
Hi Sunil
I second you on this question. Even I'm keen to know about this.
Its comes 10.80 in Faridabad, on road, without any discounts.
Has a super powerful engine and an excellent set of features inside.
So team-bhpians, please help us know how Verna stands tall in the competition or it really does not.
Harpreet
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014, 09:58   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi Sunil
I second you on this question. Even I'm keen to know about this.
Its comes 10.80 in Faridabad, on road, without any discounts.
Has a super powerful engine and an excellent set of features inside.
So team-bhpians, please help us know how Verna stands tall in the competition or it really does not.
Harpreet

I think its worth considering Renault Duster too with RXL+ option available in 9.99L with almost all the features.
FE is good and 85PS engine is good for city traffic.
Any opinions ?
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 08:18   #785
BHPian

Hi Harpreetsubhi
The problem with duster is the overall control of the vehicle is not present. The 105 powered engine is a good option but the 85 ps engine is underpowered for the vehicle. The performance is not too peppy.
sunilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 01:42   #786
BHPian

Post Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Hello team. My mom and I want to buy a car in this price range we already have a skoda laura which is used by my mom. We had a fabia which I would use but sold it after a short and horrible one year. My mom is keen on the swift dzire volkswgen vento, rapid and the new honda city. Im keen on the hyundai verna. The car will be owned for max 2 years hence resale value will be a huge factor. I will be using this car to drive me to college and tuitions. It will be driven by our driver most of the times as I am not old enough to drive. It must also have a good executive status as my mom would also use it occasionally to go to her clinics while i use the laura . It has to be a diesel and fast delivery would be appreciated as the ford I use currently starts if it likes every morning thus leaving me without a car many times. I would not mind letting go on some of the benifits diesel and good resale are our main priorities. Help would be largely appreciated we are going to see the verna and vento today. Thank you
Ferrariwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 14:57   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Hello team. My mom and I want to buy a car in this price range we already have a skoda laura which is used by my mom. We had a fabia which I would use but sold it after a short and horrible one year. My mom is keen on the swift dzire volkswgen vento, rapid and the new honda city. Im keen on the hyundai verna. The car will be owned for max 2 years hence resale value will be a huge factor. I will be using this car to drive me to college and tuitions. It will be driven by our driver most of the times as I am not old enough to drive.
In a couple months time, you should see the new Maruti Ciaz. It suits your requirements to the T. It looks fresh inside and out, comes with features aplenty, is the largest by a big margin in its segment, engineers say they have channeled their efforts into emphasizing comfort and if its predecessor, the SX4 is anything to go by, it will be a pretty sweet handling package too. Since Suzuki is still represented by Maruti in India, I don't have to tell you how easy it will be to own and maintain and even sell

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 14:58   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Hello team. My mom and I want to buy a car in this
From what you've said.The best option is a Dzire.Backed by Suzuki's stellar ASS won't give you many problems either.You won't lose much on the resale aswell. However if you're concerned about the executive look,Vento and Verna would be contenders.Although the Vento will depreciate a fair bit in those 2 years.I'm not sure on the Hyundai.As far as preference between the 2,I'd take the Vento.But that was in comparision to the old Verna.But since you're not gonna be driving it I suppose that doesn't really matter.
B O V is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:30   #789
BHPian

Post Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
From what you've said.The best option is a Dzire.Backed by Suzuki's stellar ASS won't give you many problems either.You won't lose much on the resale aswell. However if you're concerned about the executive look,Vento and Verna would be contenders.Although the Vento will depreciate a fair bit in those 2 years.I'm not sure on the Hyundai.As far as preference between the 2,I'd take the Vento.But that was in comparision to the old Verna.But since you're not gonna be driving it I suppose that doesn't really matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
In a couple months time, you should see the new Maruti Ciaz. It suits your requirements to the T. It looks fresh inside and out, comes with features aplenty, is the largest by a big margin in its segment, engineers say they have channeled their efforts into emphasizing comfort and if its predecessor, the SX4 is anything to go by, it will be a pretty sweet handling package too. Since Suzuki is still represented by Maruti in India, I don't have to tell you how easy it will be to own and maintain and even sell

Cheers!
We visited downtown volkswagen today (shaman) my mom loved the polo for some reason and even the vento. We took a TD of both the 1.2 and 1.6. I personally liked the 1.6. We need the car delivered by max 1 month as the car im using now is far from good . Next we went to arya honda all are in a line luckily the service there was horrible we stood there for 15 minutes and no one came to attend us more over my mom did not like the city so we walked out next we went to autobahn skoda where a TD rapid was not available hence we took the price quote and left. We then went to pramukh hyundai and took a TD of the new verna my mom quite liked it and we are now doing an analysis on which one to go in for. At the end of the day i loved the polo gt tdi and feel its a 104 times better than any of the other cars . But they all have their pros and cons.
Old 22nd June 2014, 20:07   #790
BANNED

Quote:
We visited downtown volkswagen today (shaman) my mom loved the polo for some reason and even the vento. We took a TD of both the 1.2 and 1.6. I personally liked the 1.6. We need the car delivered by max 1 month as the car im using now is far from good . Next we went to arya honda all are in a line luckily the service there was horrible we stood there for 15 minutes and no one came to attend us more over my mom did not like the city so we walked out next we went to autobahn skoda where a TD rapid was not available hence we took the price quote and left. We then went to pramukh hyundai and took a TD of the new verna my mom quite liked it and we are now doing an analysis on which one to go in for. At the end of the day i loved the polo gt tdi and feel its a 104 times better than any of the other cars . But they all have their pros and cons.
Go for the Honda city if resale is your prime criteria. It gives you back seat space, Honda reliability and executive sedan feel. Vento/polo will not be great for resale although are better drivers cars. Since your car will be chauffeur driven mostly I don't see any reason to go for the GT TDI.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 20:19   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Go for the Honda city if resale is your prime criteria. It gives you back seat space, Honda reliability and executive sedan feel. Vento/polo will not be great for resale although are better drivers cars. Since your car will be chauffeur driven mostly I don't see any reason to go for the GT TDI.
Yes I totally agree with you that so much power is not needed. We will also give the dzire a try tomorrow but my mom is totally against the city she feels its not worth the money and is made of el cheapo material I feel she was comparing it to the laura she uses. On the other hand i found it quite good but then again I use a ford ikon and anything is better than that . My mom is proposing that we go for a small car now like the polo and 2 years later when the lauras time is up we should go in for something bigger like the c class or 3 series. She is also saying that gaving two big sedans does not make sense
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:10   #792
BHPian

Just FYI downtown vw and arya Honda are both owned by shaman . Mods delete if my post is irrelevant .
anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:03   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Just FYI downtown vw and arya Honda are both owned by shaman . Mods delete if my post is irrelevant .
The sales executive at downtown was far more well informed. As soon as i told him we were considering the verna he asked how i liked the cars (vento) suspension and ride. People say and that the verna is not very stable at high speeds. At the end of the day I will always respect my moms decision. I can only suggest and share knowledge.
Old 24th June 2014, 20:24   #794
BHPian

Polo GT TDI.Well if you do get it,Your chauffeur will have a blast.Just curious,how long till you are of age to drive.I think they sorted out the stability issue on the Verna.I don't think that the Ciaz is slated for a launch this/next month.
B O V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 00:11   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
Polo GT TDI.Well if you do get it,Your chauffeur will have a blast.Just curious,how long till you are of age to drive.I think they sorted out the stability issue on the Verna.I don't think that the Ciaz is slated for a launch this/next month.
Yes thats true hence we are not going for the GT TDI. I payed the booking amount and down payment today for the vento highline diesel!!!. Went through the formalities that go into booking a new car it was a good experience. I turn 16 on the 13th of july 2 more years