Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 25th June 2013, 09:33   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Which sedan under Rs.10L has best suspension?

If the boundary guideline (budget) can be extended by 10%, all debates would be laid to rest, courtesy the Mitsubishi Cedia! It's a fantastic car to drive, even over the speed / car breakers of Bangalore - goes over them like a dream. Pity that Mitsubishi didn't realize the potential of this beauty!
Agarwaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 09:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

Well I guess the only car that adheres to the criteria, is the Fiat Linea and it does a good job of it too

I dont know why you insist on having the Hyundai here
The soft ride that the Verna displays in the city might be very comfy but once you are above 60 be it in the city, on a ring road or on the highway, it feels like Hyundai did not even bother with dampers. The tall bounces it makes are quite frightening to any passenger especially the driver so I do not see how it could ever be on any list apart from a VFM one. I guess the votes that went toward it are an indication too.

The Cedia is no longer in production so there's no point bringing it here.

P.S.: I am not a Hyundai hater. Though I'm not a fan either, I would have no qualms in having the i20 or Elantra listed as comfy rides

Last edited by IshaanIan : 25th June 2013 at 09:50.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 09:52   #63
BHPian

The ANHC has one of the best rear seats in the business. The ride and handling may not be up there but it's certainly better than the Verna's boat like suspension. Haven't driven or sat in the Vento/Rapid so can't comment on them.
srinath34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 10:29   #64
BHPian

The humble Verito/Logan has the best suspension in this price range. Glides over potholes and has a plush ride. Ride quality is same for the front and rear passengers.(In contrast to several cars where the front is more comfortable ) Also does not squat under load.
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 10:29   #65
BHPian

Do consider the Nissan Sunny / Renault Scala for rear seat comfort. I own a Sunny for the past 1.5 years and my parents who sit in the rear seat have praised the comfort / quality of suspension on numerous occasions. The suspension is soft and well tuned to cater to the potholes and poor roads that we encounter in India.
aroonanand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 10:52   #66

Tata Manza in my opinion, I have traveled in Fiat Linea and Nissan sunny, but nothing comes near Tata Manza.

Even after a doing an 8 hour journey at a stretch in this amazing car, I didn't fell a bit tired or fatigue usually akin to other cars in this segment.
rahulsampath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 11:38   #67
BHPian

The best handling cars may not necessarily be the most comfortable to ride in. If you are driven and rear comfort is your priority I'd go with the Honda City or the Sunny. If you prefer to drive yourself go with the Rapid or its VW cousin. Linea would rank somewhere in between.
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 12:00   #68
Senior - BHPian

Isn't Indian Automobile market is very different, unique, has its own flavor from other parts of the world? The three cars listed here are all good in their own way. 2 are European here & one is Korean. All will say that European cars are much better handlers, more superior in technology, long lasting etc etc. So any day all will say that Europeans must be better cars here. Many will agree to it as well. Experts will confirm that too. But did market agree to that? Not at all

Verna is clear Winner here. It sells like 5-6 times the Rapid & almost 40-50 times than Linea on average. Isn't it strange?
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 12:10   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Isn't Indian Automobile market is very different, unique, has its own flavor from other parts of the world? The three cars listed here are all good in their own way. 2 are European here & one is Korean. All will say that European cars are much better handlers, more superior in technology, long lasting etc etc. So any day all will say that Europeans must be better cars here. Many will agree to it as well. Experts will confirm that too. But did market agree to that? Not at all

Verna is clear Winner here. It sells like 5-6 times the Rapid & almost 40-50 times than Linea on average. Isn't it strange?
Because ride quality, handling, high speed manners is still greek to most.

Good looks, features, aspirational value (Mr so and so in our neighborhood got this car) are still the driving factors. I wouldn't call the Indian automobile market unique, rather 'not mature' is more apt IMO, for lack of a better term.

Coming back to the topic, I found the ride quality of City to be superior in comparision with the Verna. Have driven the Punto and it's in a different league altogether, so same should apply to the Linea as well . No idea about Rapid though.

Last edited by avisidhu : 25th June 2013 at 12:15.
avisidhu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 12:45   #70
BHPian

I have driven the Figo, Fiesta, City, Polo, Punto, Linea and i20. If you consider both ride as well as handling together, Linea is the best of the lot, IMO. Figo was a little more agile in handling, but still the Punto and Linea gives you a big car feeling as well as great ride / handling balance.
devansn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 14:12   #71
BHPian

Default Comfortable Sedan under Rs. 10 Lakh

My final suggestion for cars to be listed in the poll:

Fiat Linea
Skoda Rapid / VW Vento
Renault Scala / Nissan Sunny
Tata Manza
Ford Fiesta
Hyundai Verna
Honda City

Dear moderators, kindly modify the poll listing. Moreover please change the title to just "Comfortable Sedan under Rs. 10 Lakh". Lets leave the chauffeur driven part open ended because some members drive themselves.

Last edited by Guite : 25th June 2013 at 14:14.
Guite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 15:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Chauffeur-driven / Comfortable Sedan under Rs. 10 Lakh

The merger of threads has led to confusion. Linea does not score on chauffeur driven comfort. For chauffeur comfort, Scala/Sunny would score.

Mods please edit the thread title or keep it as a separate thread.
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 16:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The merger of threads has led to confusion. Linea does not score on chauffeur driven comfort. For chauffeur comfort, Scala/Sunny would score.
I think by chauffeur driven comfort, the thread starter means back seat suspension (plush ride with minimal bumpiness) and not space available for the occupant.
sups is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 17:59   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post

Mods please edit the thread title or keep it as a separate thread.
Exactly my thought. Intend of the new thread is lost after the merger, in particular with addition of the phrase "chauffeur driven". Separate thread would maintain focus of the new thread. To save some ground I had made a suggestion to modify name of merged thread. Hope one of the mods will respond soon.

Last edited by Guite : 25th June 2013 at 18:01.
Guite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 18:12   #75
BHPian

If the only consideration is rear seat comfort, I would say the Manza is the best in this regard. It offers great rear seating and a very comfortable ride. However, issues with Tata service exist. The next choice would probably be the Linea.
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote