Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 18th April 2006, 21:43   #1

Smile Is Baleno Vxi worth spending 80K extra

Thanks Team-Bhp to help me compare NHC ZX Vtec and Baleno....
I was planning to buy a car in near 8L range.

I test drive Fiesta TDCi but diesel always requires more maintainence than petrol... I am a bit lazy when it comes to maintainence.

I went for Chevrolet Aveo 1.4LS but its interiors were not like what shown on its site... What we saw in all the promos was Aveo 1.6 LT but still performance is a doubt.

I then checked NHC. Interiors were superb and so is the car.

But while checking its reviews I visited Team-Bhp and found about Baleno. With so many happy owners of Baleno, the forum seems to be a brand ambassador for Baleno. I then checked out my local dealer for maruti Baleno and he was offering about 70K discount on the same. I test drove Baleno and engine performance is amazing.

With about 2.5L difference in price of Baleno and new NHC Vtec (on road), I think interiors and rear does not matter much to me now.

I now have just 2 more doubts left with me for which I need your expert comments:

1) Milage is just about 9 Kmpl (city with AC) for most of reviews I have found on net. Is that what I have to compromise with this price difference or miracle do happen??

2) Is Baleno Vxi worth spending extra 80K.

help me out of this confusion.
premanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 21:58   #2
BHPian

Premanshu... glad you found the forum's reviews helpful.
But how about a nice intro about yourself before all that? Please read the announcements section before continuing!

Godspeed.

Alok.
ghostrider4385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 22:01   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well im not sure if i should recommend a baleno anymore .. Dont want a few members accusing me of being a brand ambassador and trying to sell an outdated car .. LOL ..

Anyways with AC u can expect around 10-11 km/ltr ..

Also buy the VXI if the climatic control is not a must for u .. Get urself aftermarket alloys , tyres and ICE ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 22:06   #4
BANNED

The climate control is a good feature.
If you're not interested in it, then just ignore all other features and get the LXI.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 22:31   #5
BHPian

Well in Vxi you get 14" alloys with 185/65 tyres, climate controll, height adjustable seats, demister etc etc. Its worth going for it, you can bargain hard and bring down the diffrence to arround 60k.

Also take a look at the Fiesta 1.6, its a rocking car Baleno is kind of outdated.
solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 22:47   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I agree baleno is a bit outdated now but Check out the modified baleno's somewherer in forums ... just with 17" rims the car looks awesome.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 22:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dude...baleno rocks..nd although its got an outdated out design..its much better than cars like NHC or even say fiesta..firstly its a maruti product..so spares will be easy to get nd comparitively cheap as compared to other cars..nd secondly its a tried nd tested model..with no problems..so rather than goin for anythin other car..i think u should go for baleno..nd yeah..its easy to mod too..
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 22:55   #8

Hey Mclaren I did not meant to point anyone. I am a bit confused as Baleno due to its outdated looks but competitive price is still not feel very charming here and I think I am the courageous one who is trying to break the mindset of NHC among my gang. I dint got what you mean to say in the post... Are you not recommending Baleno here for me?
premanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 23:09   #9
BHPian

Smile Hi prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly
Well in Vxi you get 14" alloys with 185/65 tyres, climate controll, height adjustable seats, demister etc etc. Its worth going for it, you can bargain hard and bring down the diffrence to arround 60k.

Also take a look at the Fiesta 1.6, its a rocking car Baleno is kind of outdated.
yeah, baleno is a good choice as well... the new Blue Metallic is much better. with a spoiler as well. only thin' is that's he is in the market for quiet a while. Vxi z better tooo.. rather than after showroom markets...

Drivin' a chevy will turn some heads atleast for an year or so. NHC is also good.... Down the lane you have ur budget stretched to 8L. Chevy Aveo,
Give a try with Fiesta SXi, test Drive the cars u will have the answerr...

Last edited by nevertouchme : 18th April 2006 at 23:10.
nevertouchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 23:12   #10
BHPian

you gonna give up the fiesta TDCi because you're lazy ????? come on man

depends on your needs man... with a budget of 8 lacs...if you want a good fun to drive performance car ... get yourself a fiesta sxi w/ABS ... but with the baleno 'LXi' you'll save a lac over the fiesta sxi ...
vxi is not recommended

Last edited by Fiero : 18th April 2006 at 23:26.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 00:15   #11
BHPian

Unless you feel the need for climate control and adjustable drivers' seat.... most of the modifications can be brought about in the LXI.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 00:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

how abt the 1.6 Aveo : the optra 1.6 is a smooth engine compared the 1.8 holden plant
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 01:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premanshu
...1) Milage is just about 9 Kmpl (city with AC) for most of reviews I have found on net. Is that what I have to compromise with this price difference or miracle do happen??

2) Is Baleno Vxi worth spending extra 80K.
1. FE will surely surprise you... 9 kmpl (with AC) is a gross understatement. The lowest I've ever got (when new) was 10.9. Today (>5600 km) I routinely get 12-13 inside Mumbai city.

2. LXi surely is VFM, and you won't lose on performance or comfort. However, I'll strongly recommend a VXi for all the frills (esp. Climate Control).
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 06:49   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premanshu
Are you not recommending Baleno here for me?
I would recommend a baleno anyday , i own one too .. I was just kidding in my post , because a few members think that the baleno is too outdated and shouldnt even be roadworthy .. However i do recommend u to go for the car with ur eyes closed .. To help u make ur decision easier read this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-2-days-7.html
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 09:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice of car. And if you had a budget that was covering the NHC, then go ahead and take the VXi. On the LXi, you would have to upgrade your tyres, install a music system etc. On the VXi, you just have to bother about upgrading your music system. That is my take. If your budget was 5.5 - 7, then I would have suggested the LXi.

Even I think that a figure of 9 for FE is a bit low. Realistically expect 10.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote