| || |
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|2nd September 2012, 10:47||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OD10 -> KA-01
Thanked: 140 Times
Spoilt by choices. Vento Vs Linea Vs Rapid
I m as confused as any one in this thread Now this thing is affecting my sleep too. Got up today morning at 3.45 AM and started browsing TBhp. Wifey has become suspicious and she is thinking its a philipino ex coworker.
My current ride: i10 Kappa Sportz. Clocked 50K Km in 3.7 years.
Daily ride: 60 Km ( In Bangalore city traffic)
Weekend Drives: 50-150 Kms with occasional outstation trips.
Fuel Preference: DIESEL. Do I have any other choice.
Budget: 11.5 Lacs OTR (After stretching from all sides)
PS: Here my opinion counts more than my wife's as this would be my car. A very rare occasion for me.
Below are the cars I have TDed and my feedback. This is entirely my personal opinion and is not intended to offend any car/brand/person.
1. TATA SAFARI: For the last 3.5 years I was thinking this would be my next ride. Me and my wife both loved the looks. Concord motors was prompt and generous in giving me a pretty longish test drive but boy I was shattered after the test drive. I was exhausted after the 35 mins drive and taking the car through the crowded Bannerghetta road was a pain. The nice road was no fun either. I could not go beyond 110 as I was not getting the required confidence. So came home and decided the Indian SUVs are not for me and I can not drive them for 60 Kms in the city. It would be more stressful than my work. Better half understands this but unhappy with the fact that we cant own a Safari.
2. Nissan Sunny: Again wife loved this. The safety equipment are impressive on the lower end. For my requirements top end is not required. I m not a man who is impressed by gizmos. Leg room was too good. But was not impressed by build quality. Moreover I did not enjoy the drive. Chapter closed.
3. Hyundai Fluidic Verna: A wow kind of feeling once you get into the car. SX version is what I started looking at. Very good leg room for the driver. Back seats are average. Because of the rear armrest, the rear seat would be difficult to accommodate 3 comfortably. Very easy to drive in the city but when I reached 85-100 Kmph I came to know it would be a similar story to my i10. I was not happy with the handling of the car. Came home and got to know also about the suspension problems too. So this car is also not considered.
4. Ford Fiesta Classic: A very easy to drive car. Seating is a little low but that is not a deal breaker. A very nicely priced car. After discounts 9.3 L OTR Bangalore looks good but it is a dated car and you don't get a premium feeling inside the car. But no complaints what so ever with this car. Went for the TD without expecting anything and came back admiring. Had I bought a car 4 years back this would have been the car.
5. Skoda Rapid: I called the Vinayak Skoda guys around 6:30 pm on a saturday and they promptly gave me a TD. Ohh .. What a pleasure in driving the 1st half a kilometer. Felt like I m seating in a fort. I told my wife this is what I need. After driving for 1Kms I felt my left knee is interfering with the instrument pannel. I tried many positions (yes I mean it) but I could not find a position which satisfied me.Called the guy for one more round of TD next day and told him if I like I would book. He came to my place in whitefield and I dont know if it is the same TD car, but this car was too shaky and I kind of was very uncomfortable. Even went to TAFE next week and drove the base version but was not very happy and the shake was there. However 4.XX percent finance option was mouth watering.
6. VW Vento: Before I did the TD, wifey told me that she could not find a single website where problems of vento are mentioned but never the less she did not like the look and interiors of vento. Did the TD twice. Solidly built car. Remains planted on the road. No shake even at 130 Kmph. But still I could not find my perfect driving position and I felt I was seating at an angle rather than straight and I m tilted towards left. Left knee was uncomfortable. I m almost 6 ft and have a huge build. But nowhere any user has mentioned this issue. One more thing I felt is the power delivery is not linear and the engine kind of delivers a raw power after 2000 RPMs which I have to get used to. But this has to be a enthusiast's car for sure. If somehow I will find a good driving position I will book it for sure. Wife's younger brother ( a dowry to me who stays with us) loved this car and declared he never drove something similar and even compared with one of the BMWs ( dont know which one) which he drove once. This is in my wish list. I would go for the top end if I m buying this car.
7. FIAT Linea Emotion 2012 model: Very very concerned about Fiat's fate in India as is not managing to sale even 1000 cars. Called KHT motors for a TD, they took my number but never called me back. Called Concord motors but the same story. Saw some reviews and called Prerana motors. The SA responded immediately and turned up for TD. Wife loved the looks and mightly impressed with the humongous GC. According to her it is the best looking Sedan. The interiors are just ok. According to me the golden color music system just spoils the look. Impressive list of features, Started driving and I felt good. The steering is great. Awesome handling. Big tyres help the car to remain planted on the road. Alloys look too good. No problems in finding the perfect driving position. But I felt it takes time to reach 100 Kmph and even I was not happy with the suspension but everyone appreciates it, again it might be a case with the TD car but the TD car has done only 2.5K kms.
So, now the contest is between Vento/Rapid (1 L cheaper for the same set of features) and Linea. Let me know what you GURUs and proud owners have to suggest.
Again I m very very confused. Request you all to take me out of this state. I need the car ASAP
Mods: Please move this to an existing thread if you feel the question is redundant.
|2nd September 2012, 11:05||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2005
Thanked: 154 Times
Why don't you try Maruti Ertiga? my Friend from B'lore who finalized Rapid and end with Ertiga Vdi.
But any time I suggest you The Linea as 3.5 years and almost 50K Kms I have been using my Silver Streak still I am enjoying the car to the T.
I too planned for upgrade and driving almost all D segment car and above didn't satisfy me as I highly spoiled with the dynamics of Linea.
But all 3 cars you finalized are really good. But VFM aspects, Linea wins. With right gear you can even overtake Turbo petrols
|2nd September 2012, 12:29||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thanked: 3,515 Times
Re: Spoilt by choices. Vento Vs Linea Vs Rapid
Note from Support: Please continue here. (Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Others)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza||a4anurag||Sedans||141||18th August 2016 16:21|
|Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Others||.anshuman||Sedans||1126||27th January 2016 07:45|
|Fiat Linea or VW Vento--Vento Finalized !||mailmaldi||Sedans||58||15th March 2011 13:26|
|Choices, choices!||shekharlele||Hatchbacks||12||18th December 2006 11:26|
|Spoilt for choice||BikerSG||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||33||26th November 2004 15:40|