Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 25th April 2006, 16:39   #1

Post Indigo - new version ??

Hi,
In some of the postings in Jan 06 timeframe, many have said that a newer version of Indigo was to be launched in Feb 06..but have not seen any posting on this afterwards...

I am thinking of buying an Indigo, so am interested to know if this new version has been launched or not ?

Any feedback will be helpful.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Old 25th April 2006, 16:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you are talking about the indigo LWB. AS far as i can remember they said it would be available in june or july ....
Old 25th April 2006, 18:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajnadig
Hi,
In some of the postings in Jan 06 timeframe, many have said that a newer version of Indigo was to be launched in Feb 06..but have not seen any posting on this afterwards...

I am thinking of buying an Indigo, so am interested to know if this new version has been launched or not ?

Any feedback will be helpful.

Thanks,
Rajiv
I do not know how urgent your requirement is. If you are willing to wait till August 2006, you can get Indigo with CRDI version engine (they call it DICOR) developing 90 BHP instead of 70 in the current TDI version. If you are willing to wait till 2007, you can get an all-new Indigo (yes, completely new car) which of course will be available with the DICOR engine. Let me warn you though that these dates are tentative. Also, all Tata dealers will deny these reports, for fear of losing current sales!! So no point in asking them about the impending launches. Better to find out from the company, if you know someone there personally.
Old 25th April 2006, 18:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
I do not know how urgent your requirement is. If you are willing to wait till August 2006, you can get Indigo with CRDI version engine (they call it DICOR) developing 90 BHP instead of 70 in the current TDI version. If you are willing to wait till 2007, you can get an all-new Indigo (yes, completely new car) which of course will be available with the DICOR engine.
All that is fine but they seriously need to do something about the high dashboard and dull interiors and also make it look slightly different from the outside. Smiling grille was nice, but not for 8 long years. Else its nothing but a longer indigo - who would pay more for one?
Old 25th April 2006, 18:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
All that is fine but they seriously need to do something about the high dashboard and dull interiors and also make it look slightly different from the outside. Smiling grille was nice, but not for 8 long years. Else its nothing but a longer indigo - who would pay more for one?
The high dashboard and poor interiors were severely criticised by the Britishers when Tata exported the Indica as Cityrover there. Naturally, Tata will address these problems in the new cars (Indica/Indigo/Marina) which are not modifications of the current ones but are entirely new, from grounds up, as they say.
Old 27th April 2006, 10:42   #6

Default Anything else in this

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
I do not know how urgent your requirement is. If you are willing to wait till August 2006, you can get Indigo with CRDI version engine (they call it DICOR) developing 90 BHP instead of 70 in the current TDI version. If you are willing to wait till 2007, you can get an all-new Indigo (yes, completely new car) which of course will be available with the DICOR engine.
all, thanks for your replies. I am looking for a car that I can buy soon. These are my priorities.

1. Budget: Around 5 Lakhs
2. Should accommodate 5.
3. Good boot space.
4. Mileage
And of course an approval from the TEAM-BHP team

With these, I had zeroed in on Indica GLX. Is there anything else in the same range that is good ?
Old 27th April 2006, 15:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajnadig
all, thanks for your replies. I am looking for a car that I can buy soon. These are my priorities.

1. Budget: Around 5 Lakhs
2. Should accommodate 5.
3. Good boot space.
4. Mileage
And of course an approval from the TEAM-BHP team

With these, I had zeroed in on Indica GLX. Is there anything else in the same range that is good ?
Indica GLX costs 3.75 lacs on road in Dehi, extended warranty included. You plan to spend 1.25 lacs on accessories?
Old 27th April 2006, 16:28   #8
Team-BHP Support

I think he meant the turbo version. That costs 4.3L ex showroom. But the problem is boot space. It cannot match that of a sedan. Moreover when the Indigo Common rail comes, the Indica Common Rail wont be far behind. But I guess its a safer option as far as resale is concerned
Old 27th April 2006, 16:34   #9

Default Re:

Ooops !

I had zeroed in on Indigo and not Indica.

The thread started with Indigo and I made the stupidest of mistakes. I hope that I wont repeat the same while booking the car
Old 28th April 2006, 09:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

As there is no point in furthur discussion on the Indigo in this thread,

Thread Locked
Closed Thread