Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 6th May 2006, 16:08   #16

well guys thanks for all the inputs! i've owned a corsa 1.6 for 3 years and the car has really earned my respect, which is why i was drawn to the vectra classified to begin with. but some things don't work for me, including (1) dipping into my provident fund to repair some space age on-board diagnostics and (2) sub-7 kmpl FE when petrol prices go beyond 50 bucks (which will happen anytime now).

so koolio, rest assured that your 5.5L bid on the vectra is under no threat! i shall wait to trade my beloved corsa for something my heart really desires such as (1) a mint condition Octavia 1.8 TPi (no, not the RS!!) or (2) the 1.8 Lancer without a Tiptronic, if HM ever listens to consumer feedback and produces one! that certainly would balance out an otherwise dreary existence...
SamRao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 19:35   #17

Vectra is a fine all round car... but seems like an Electronics Overkill as some of the replies suggest.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 19:46   #18
Senior - BHPian
Default Small error

Originally Posted by arif_t01
just one fact to scare away any potential buyer looking for a vectra - it has a computer system, as pointed out by many, which beeps every now and then......and the thing is that, it also warns (through dispaly) when the next service is due, say maybe about 250-500 kms earlier........and if you dont go for it, the car will come to a stand-still at the specified kms.....and the service guy will have to bring an electronic insrtument which will be fitted to the icu of the engine & manipulated and only then you will be able to go forward.........this was told to me by a person in the opel service centre!!!
Its ECU not ICU . Vectra right now is definetely not a good buy but if you plan to keep a car just for show , I mean something like a W123 in your garage at 6 lacs Vectra is good . I have seen one running on 17 inchers . And with some additional skirts & few stickers , it looks like a killer specially in Black.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote