Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2006, 14:31   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 137
Thanked: Once
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap9dm

I dont care about the FE so much.
"I dont care about the FE so much" = "I care a little for the FE"

Supremebaleno, I think the "care" has increased now with increasing fuel prices .....
nitinhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 14:53   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 598 Times
Default

FIAT itself claims that there is no diff between Palio and Petra (Petrol-petrol or diesel-diesel). Most parts can be interchangebly used.. I have test driven Adventure and believe me its a beast. Due to to its stance (14 inch All whether pirelli) you could have better view of the road. You will get commanding position and can better judge other cars. And Adventure is really a good looking wagon.

Cheers
Abhijeet
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 15:17   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
I am not talking about "drive by wire" things here. Please walk into any FIAT showroom and see the spare pricechart and see yourselves. I hope that would be self explanatory.
Based on the price chart that I have seen at Fiat showroom, I didn't find significant different anywhere, including paint job. e.g. I recently replaced the right hand mirror glass, I was told that it is the same for both Palio/Petra, same dimensions and design.
But if there is indeed significant difference for some parts, it will be good to know.

Last edited by RX135 : 11th May 2006 at 15:19.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 15:26   #49
BHPian
 
prabuddhadg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Slightly off topic, but can someone please explain what the major issues are with old cars lying with the dealer? Particularly, in comparison with a used car from approximately the same date of manufacture.
If good discounts are available, what critical areas should one pay attention to?
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 15:38   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 137
Thanked: Once
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg
Slightly off topic, but can someone please explain what the major issues are with old cars lying with the dealer? Particularly, in comparison with a used car from approximately the same date of manufacture.
If good discounts are available, what critical areas should one pay attention to?
There's no major issue as such...but new models comes with additional features eg: Biege Interiors etc...I don't think there's any significant difference except the interiors/features...
If you don't mind buying an OLD car which is lying with the dealer for around 1 year then no issues !....
I do not really think that the parts would have started rusting - New cars won't start rusting so soon !...There's a problem if its lying in the factory and there's some rain or flood situation which might have caused considerable damage to imprtnt systems.There has been a discussion on this topic already in the forum...

Everything should be fine if you adhere to the Pre-delivery inspection list which is already posted on the forum...

Hope this helps you and ap9dm - here is the link !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ght=inspection (New Car PreDelivery Inspection List Part I, II, III and IV (by Kishor kulkarni))

Last edited by nitinhegde : 11th May 2006 at 15:42.
nitinhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 17:12   #51
BHPian
 
prabuddhadg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde
T

Everything should be fine if you adhere to the Pre-delivery inspection list which is already posted on the forum...

Hope this helps you and ap9dm - here is the link !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ght=inspection (New Car PreDelivery Inspection List Part I, II, III and IV (by Kishor kulkarni))
Thanks Nitin, I saw that thread for the first time. Its a fabulous checklist. If one can keep even 75% of those in mind, one can nip in the bud a lot of problems just waiting in the wings.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 17:27   #52
BHPian
 
AvinashKeezh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 10 Times
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Ap9dm, let me first scare you by saying that I am seeing someone going for Petra after long time on this forum (around 2-3 months). I guess, last one was AvneeshKeez from Chennai, who eventually bought Ikon 1.6.
well, yes that's me . i decided against the petra not because of the car or because of FIAT, but because of the dealers. they were not willing to offer me the one that i wanted at that time the ELX (they said that ELX models are not in stock and they've got only one EL model with them) what ever!!!
but hey the petra still has a soft corner in me. i just stop to stare at it when i see one. the only problem is, i don't get to see many of them.
AK
AvinashKeezh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 17:33   #53
BHPian
 
AvinashKeezh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 10 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap9dm
Since, Palio/Adventure/Petra are almost same, I am going to decide on looks.
you can't say all of them are the same, can you??
palio (the 1.6 GTX or sport or S10) is for the enthusiast, a rocket powered hatch. its the most powerful hatch in india.
the petra is equally powerful and gives a boot to boot, so it's more like a family vehicle
and then the adventure which can be clasified more into a budget lifestyle car.
so think of which one more suits your taste and requirements
AK
AvinashKeezh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 20:13   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi Friends..
Sorry for confusing things. Everything was going fine, till I came to know about the fuel price hike :( . FE lesser than 10 and price more than 6L would be a big hole in the pocket and should be best avoided.
The priorities are still (in decreasing order):
1. Problem free ness
2. Looks

Diesel is also an option now.. Petra/Adventure ruled out..
So deciding between Palio 1.6 Sports, Palio 1.9 ELX Diesel and Swift

I will test drive these cars this weekend and decide..
ap9dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 04:54   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap9dm
Hi Friends..
Sorry for confusing things. Everything was going fine, till I came to know about the fuel price hike :( . FE lesser than 10 and price more than 6L would be a big hole in the pocket and should be best avoided.
The priorities are still (in decreasing order):
1. Problem free ness
2. Looks

Diesel is also an option now.. Petra/Adventure ruled out..
So deciding between Palio 1.6 Sports, Palio 1.9 ELX Diesel and Swift

I will test drive these cars this weekend and decide..

let me give you an additional option.

Buy a Used OHC/LAncer/Baleno for around 4.0 lacs and use the remaining to mod the cars.

From the above I would rule out the outdated palio diesel. my heart says palio 1.6 but my mind may recommend the swift if Fuel prices are going up by 10bucks.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 09:32   #56
BHPian
 
WhiteKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Based on the price chart that I have seen at Fiat showroom, I didn't find significant different anywhere, including paint job. e.g. I recently replaced the right hand mirror glass, I was told that it is the same for both Palio/Petra, same dimensions and design.
But if there is indeed significant difference for some parts, it will be good to know.
I have seen the price chart some 6 months back in Sundaram motors Bangalore. I apologize as things seems to have changed. Let me check for the latest. If anything worthwhile, I shall keep you posted
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 10:32   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
let me give you an additional option.

Buy a Used OHC/LAncer/Baleno for around 4.0 lacs and use the remaining to mod the cars.

From the above I would rule out the outdated palio diesel. my heart says palio 1.6 but my mind may recommend the swift if Fuel prices are going up by 10bucks.
Hi,
Any pertinent issues with Palio diesel?
thanks
ap9dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 10:45   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 160 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
let me give you an additional option.

From the above I would rule out the outdated palio diesel.
This is the first time I am hearing that Palio D is outdated! And thatz a very rude statement!

Palio D is the best Diesel hatchback available in the country now, it has the Drive by Wire technology, loads of Torque, excellent mileage of 13 - 15 kmpl in City and all the other features of Palio (Superior Ride comfort, Saftey, Space, Looks, Stability on high speeds etc).

If you are buying diesel car under 5.5 lacs, it ought to be Palio D!!!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 10:56   #59
BHPian
 
mohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto / Kurukshetra
Posts: 641
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Quote:
If you are buying diesel car under 5.5 lacs, it ought to be Palio D!!!
And my question: Where? I doubt you can find a new one in bangalore.......
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 10:58   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
This is the first time I am hearing that Palio D is outdated! And thatz a very rude statement!

Palio D is the best Diesel hatchback available in the country now, it has the Drive by Wire technology, loads of Torque, excellent mileage of 13 - 15 kmpl in City and all the other features of Palio (Superior Ride comfort, Saftey, Space, Looks, Stability on high speeds etc).

If you are buying diesel car under 5.5 lacs, it ought to be Palio D!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap9dm
Hi,
Any pertinent issues with Palio diesel?
thanks
Its not the palio D that I have coined as dated. Its the Engine plonked under tha hood which is dated and its a stark reality. I am not trying to be rude in any way.

True that palio D is the best diesel hatch in the country and yet the only other diesel hatch Indica D goes on to be the best selling diesel hatch in the country.

more than 75% populace doesnt know what drive by wire means. And I dunno if that will make up for the fact that the 1.9D is a non-turbo underpowered diesel engine strained to carry a monster hatch which weighs more than a ton. Mileage is certainly an asset though with the car being a low power torquey diesel.

But then the other strengths you mentioned are not that of the diesel car but for the palio platform as a whole.

And as far as I remember Power was one of his requirements.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me out on the add-ons for Petra shyamsk Modifications & Accessories 15 17th August 2005 10:48
Fiat Petra Diesel launched GTO The Indian Car Scene 8 6th August 2004 12:18
My New Fiat Petra ! Beetle The Indian Car Scene 19 30th June 2004 02:38
Skoda Fabia/ Fiat Petra Beetle The Indian Car Scene 21 22nd June 2004 23:22
Fiat Petra sriban The Indian Car Scene 16 20th May 2004 19:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks