Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2006, 21:33   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
FE depends a lot on the driving style, condition of vehicle, Maintainence of the vehicle, Tuning of the engine, Traffic in the city, weight carried by the car, use of clutch, use of brakes, frequency of gearshifts, tyre pressure etc.

I used to pity those people who blankly without any knowledge used to say
" mere friend ka NHC gives 19 kmpl"
" Ford mondeo gives 6 kmpl hardly"
I was never able to meet these so called friends who had FE problem and I never cared.
My immidiate neighbours bought a corsa sail. During the conversation he said I bought the corsa sail coz my sail will give me 14kmpl. Palio was out coz
" mere friend ka palio gives 6 kmpl hardly"
And I couldnt resist and laughed in his face.

believe what owners say but forget the market talk. Brand weightage is only of benefit to the company and not the owner. Think wisely.
Brilliant post dev, makes a lot of sense for those who put a particular car down just because they or their soo called friends get poor FE. Like you said there are way too many points involved as concerning FE
Old 16th May 2006, 21:43   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
Well, NHC ZX looks 10 times better than aveo and 100 times better than Baleno.
Now .. most ppl say looks are subjective, but they are the ones who own so so cars..
But then thats according to you my dear friend, there are people who hate the NHC for its abnormal looks.

Lets do it this way.Lets number these 3 cars according to looks as per our indivisual taste.

Speedbuster
1. NHC ZX
2. Aveo
3. Baleno

Me(Myself)
1. Aveo
2. Baleno
3. NHC ZX

There you go, there is a difference in our tastes. What you like is not necessarily what others should like.

For example - You own an Accent, you maybe loving the way it looks but i don't.

Thats what i am trying to say that looks are a very sensitive topic. Its better to leave that aspect of a car atleast for the indivisual who is buying it.

Peace be with you

Last edited by prince85 : 16th May 2006 at 21:47.
Old 16th May 2006, 22:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
2. Baleno
3. NHC ZX
I cant believe this

neways, I can make out u own an Baleno..

but, If i would hav to choose a car, It wud be City ZX.
reasons:-

1.Its got the oomph, which neither of other two cars have..
2.Its got the "image", the respect ppl give when they see a Honda city.( no denying this fact)
3. Got the refinement,+ best gear box.
4. Best FE( though not astronomical figures as someone quotes, but well above baleno's and aveo's FE)
5. Best resale vaule.
6. Interiors are light years ahead of Baleno.

only bad points about city zx:
1. Not VFM
2. Not much fun to drive, but if its a Vtec, its in a different league altogether.

points which go down for Baleno:
1. Zero oomph factor, its like buying a old car..
2. Looks( well, some baleno lovers will rate it above merc CLS for sure,but no denying the fact that it looks the worst in C segment).
3. Poor interiors( no luxury feeling at all )
4. Too much of SGA parts, tooo expensive.

Only point worth mentioning about baleno is the Engine, but people dont buy a car for its engine, remember...its the Overall Package that matters.

THe same goes for accents, its not gud in anything, but it manages a bit of everything!... this is how a overall package is determined, and thats y its still selling 5000+ units per month.

anyhow, ppl in this forum will support either Baleno or palio 1.6, both of which dosent sell..lol..

Its high time Maruti does something for Baleno, coz it has upgraded its entire feet of cars like M800, alto, zen,esteem,omni and even vitara.
but y not baleno? on top of that they have increased the spare parts cost.. this is y Baleno is not selling.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:17   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I cant believe this

neways, I can make out u own an Baleno..
Speedbuster, I do own a Baleno and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. I have made it evident in a number of posts on tbhp. BTW, u have used a quotation from my post wherein the car which i had as my first favourite in terms of looks was the Aveo which you have conveniently edited(God knows for what). I own a Baleno but i don't say its out and out a great looker. I placed the Aveo ahead of the Baleno(as per my earlier thread), but then i guess you have something else to prove.

And as it is you and me were arguing over the looks aspect wherein i felt it was wrong on your part to make a statement depending on your taste as far looks were concerned, so now suddenly you deciede to compare the cars side by side. I am a bit confused now thinking what are you upto??? First you were arguing about the looks making statements based on your taste. Why don't you put it up as your personal opinion(IMHO) or something like that. I don't think its fair on your part to make a statement saying that Baelno is the worst looking car in the C segment.

Coming to the overall package where you compare the City with the Baleno. Boss, Baleno is priced at 6L whereas NHC is around 8L, soo i guess the overall package also includes the price.

And regarding the Baleno, let me add up it has much better seats both front and rear compared to the NHC. It any day more spacious than the NHC. It has a gem of an a/c which is compared to a merc BTW. And to top it all, it has much more power and is much more driveable than the NHC with loads of torque across the powerband.

Hope it makes matters clear bro

Last edited by prince85 : 16th May 2006 at 23:36.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:

anyhow, ppl in this forum will support either Baleno or palio 1.6, both of which dosent sell..lol..

Soo you think that all those people who have bought a Baleno and the Palio 1.6 and talk good things about it on TBHP are a bunch of fools Right??? and that makes you laugh out loud . Well, then thats enough of a reason for me to stop wasting my time replying to your thoughts .

BTW, IMHO the Palio 1.6, OHC VTEC and the Baleno are a league apart from the rest of the competetion but since you don't own either of the 3 cars, soo you won't know!

Take care bro,

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 16th May 2006 at 23:42.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:27   #66
BHPian

[quote=speedbuster]
2. Looks( well, some baleno lovers will rate it above merc CLS for sure,but no denying the fact that it looks the worst in C segment).
[quote]

LOL, Well couldn't resist this, but it only makes me wonder how kiddish can people get

Last edited by prince85 : 16th May 2006 at 23:34.
Old 17th May 2006, 00:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

[quote=speedbuster]

1.Its got the oomph, which neither of other two cars have..
Dats y u didnt consider the lancer and Fiesta.
2.Its got the "image", the respect ppl give when they see a Honda city.( no denying this fact)
Never seen any1 attach that image to the NHC the OHC/lancer had.
3. Got the refinement,+ best gear box.
Lancer is the smoothest and refined of the lot and even Baleno is better. About the gearbox again Baleno and lancer take the cake.
4. Best FE( though not astronomical figures as someone quotes, but well above baleno's and aveo's FE)
Base your proof before giving any statements. My lancer gives 14 with a/c in city. A baleno owner has got 15 or more in city with a/c. All I have heard is rumours about NHC getting more than 13kmpl.some insane people have claimed 20kmpl too.
5. Best resale vaule.
you are also paying more to get a higher resale. its like keepin your money in the bank without earning any intrest. Just because The brand commends more value I wouldnt buy a car that hardly makes 77ps. A logical solution for city commuters the NHC is light ages away from an enthusiasts dream.
6. Interiors are light years ahead of Baleno.
Agree with you 100% on this one. But look at the price difference.

only bad points about city zx:
1. Not VFM
agree with you here.
2. Not much fun to drive, but if its a Vtec, its in a different league altogether.
Even the vtec lacks proper ride and handling characteristics and an invecs is cheaper and equally powerful and also gives similar FE figures. thrown in the auto gearbox as an extra alongwith bigger engine.

points which go down for Baleno:
1. Zero oomph factor, its like buying a old car..
And its also the best VFM. Honda charges a premium on its cars which fanboys pay
NHC doesnt win any accolades too when it comes to looks.
3. Poor interiors( no luxury feeling at all )
Agree with you 100% on this one. But look at the price difference. I can use half the extra amount to jazz up baleno's interiors.
4. Too much of SGA parts, tooo expensive.
Agree to you on this one.

Only point worth mentioning about baleno is the Engine, but people dont buy a car for its engine, remember...its the Overall Package that matters.

Ford fiesta and lancer are much better overall packages and Baleno is by no means behind NHC.

THe same goes for accents, its not gud in anything, but it manages a bit of everything!... this is how a overall package is determined, and thats y its still selling 5000+ units per month.

Agree to you here.

Because most of the people here are auto enthusiasts. they need a car that performs and not a daily commuter that NHC is.

Its high time Maruti does something for Baleno, coz it has upgraded its entire feet of cars like M800, alto, zen,esteem,omni and even vitara.
but y not baleno? on top of that they have increased the spare parts cost.. this is y Baleno is not selling.
agree to you here.

Honda has played with over-confidence in the Indian market which has not surprisingly caught up with the Indians as most of them are followers.

market trends aside. For a logical person who wants to commute daily with occasional enthusiastic driving.

Ford fiesta makes the best package right now
chevrolet aveo/mitsubishi lancer 1.5-Invecs/Baleno come second
hyundai accent/NHC take the third place

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th May 2006 at 00:26.
Old 17th May 2006, 00:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Speedbuster
1. NHC ZX
2. Aveo
3. Baleno

Me(Myself)
1. Aveo
2. Baleno
3. NHC ZX
you didnt cosider the Fiesta, lancer and accent which are some of the better looking cars.

For looks I would rank them

1. Mitsubishi lancer 1.5/Invecs
2. Ford Fiesta
3. NHC ZX
Old 17th May 2006, 00:31   #69
BHPian

ford fiesta1.6sxi all the way nice interiors as well as nice to drive as well good power
Old 17th May 2006, 00:41   #70
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
I guess u missed that word.
Okay guys now its the time to tell you the truth why I mostly go for MUL products.
One of Baleno in family had probs in tyres,I shall not name the manufacturer's name here but they were poor in quality and started bluging at reams.I called the dealer and got a reply that company does not cover tyres and Battery in warranty period.No options I had so sent an email to the boss(guess who!),next morning I got a reply and a phone call asuring me that do not worry,they are sending an engineer belonging to tyre company.Next day he came,I showed him my tyres,usual reply came that its my fault.I said I knew what you are going to write in your sheet that damage has been done by this and that and all rubbish.Engineer went back fm my office and in 20 mins I got a call fm MUL guys saying sirji we are giving you new tyres!! THey took my car and fitted new tyres in it.Now Mr.Speedbuster try to solve this prob with some other company and look pe mat jao apni akkal lagao!See the poll in this forum where Baleno stands no.1 in FE,Resell value is good,suspension is far better than any car you listed.Want more proof?I am ready to give with facts.This me saying coz I am a fully satisfied with this car and having a pleasant feeling of after sales & service,if my dealer neglects me company listen to me and do the job in no time.I also advise you to compare prices of critical parts inside all mentioned cars in this discussion and tell me which will fit to our pocket.MUL is always my choice in any case if I calculate all factors I have mentioned.Yes there are some -ve points in it and I miss ABS and Air bags.cant help.
-----------------------
Some clarifications so editing this msg{Its high time Maruti does something for Baleno, coz it has upgraded its entire feet of cars like M800, alto, zen,esteem,omni and even vitara.
agree to you here.
} The price of Bumper for Baleno used to cost 10,000 earlier and today price is 3300+taxes.Ecm price is around 20K if I am not mistaking.All in all prices for spares have gone down.I fully agree that it misses a touch in interiors.But If One wants a peace of mind MUL can deliver it and I stand to what I say.

Last edited by ECM : 17th May 2006 at 00:50.
Old 17th May 2006, 00:59   #71
Senior - BHPian

I had an experiene otherwise.

The company Hindustan Motors sucks but our dealer, previously Kama motors and now Autonova takes care of the cars and the customer.

A friend I know has a lancer(His family actually owns 3 lancers which they regularly take to some mines for inspection work etc) had a crash. the front bumper was completely smashed. I had met him at the workshop by chance. Autonova guy said
" sir insurance ka magajmaari bhool jao. we have an old bumper lying around if its fine with you. We will only charge 35% for it if you are interested plus the cost of painting it."

Autonova also took care of some minor scratches on my lancer at no cost doing a nice touch up job.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th May 2006 at 01:00.
Old 17th May 2006, 01:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Okay guys now its the time to tell you the truth why I mostly go for MUL products.
One of Baleno in family had probs in tyres,I shall not name the manufacturer's name here but they were poor in quality and started bluging at reams.I called the dealer and got a reply that company does not cover tyres and Battery in warranty period.No options I had so sent an email to the boss(guess who!),next morning I got a reply and a phone call asuring me that do not worry,they are sending an engineer belonging to tyre company.Next day he came,I showed him my tyres,usual reply came that its my fault.I said I knew what you are going to write in your sheet that damage has been done by this and that and all rubbish.Engineer went back fm my office and in 20 mins I got a call fm MUL guys saying sirji we are giving you new tyres!! THey took my car and fitted new tyres in it.Now Mr.Speedbuster try to solve this prob with some other company and look pe mat jao apni akkal lagao!See the poll in this forum where Baleno stands no.1 in FE,Resell value is good,suspension is far better than any car you listed.Want more proof?I am ready to give with facts.This me saying coz I am a fully satisfied with this car and having a pleasant feeling of after sales & service,if my dealer neglects me company listen to me and do the job in no time.I also advise you to compare prices of critical parts inside all mentioned cars in this discussion and tell me which will fit to our pocket.MUL is always my choice in any case if I calculate all factors I have mentioned.Yes there are some -ve points in it and I miss ABS and Air bags.cant help.
-----------------------
Some clarifications so editing this msg{Its high time Maruti does something for Baleno, coz it has upgraded its entire feet of cars like M800, alto, zen,esteem,omni and even vitara.
agree to you here.
} The price of Bumper for Baleno used to cost 10,000 earlier and today price is 3300+taxes.Ecm price is around 20K if I am not mistaking.All in all prices for spares have gone down.I fully agree that it misses a touch in interiors.But If One wants a peace of mind MUL can deliver it and I stand to what I say.
Agtree with you 100% here...

1. I installed a music system in my baleno and did not like it...can you believe it that the Maruti dealer (Varun in Hyd) replaced the ENTIRE music system TWO MONTHS later (HU, speakers et al) just because I did not like the way it sounded...and that too with another brand
2. Anytime I have complained of an issue...they have been attentive and after every servicer they call me back to find out how my service exp has been...cou0ple of times they sent mechanics to my home since I declined to come to their workshop...
3. My car always (Baleno Lxi with 185/65 R 14 tyres) given 12-13 kmpl with AC on most of time...this is more than what I get in my trusty old Fiat Uno 1.2 ELX.
4. Whenever I compained even a little bit, they have never hesitated in replacing the parts...they even replaced plastic parts (for which BTW there is no warranty)

My next car is going to be hopefully from MUL again...only problem is that they dont have a reasonably priced diesal SUV yet...

PS: It is not for good reason that MUL market share has gone up from 50% to 51% last year in this hightly competitive cut throat market...they care for their customers and it shows...!!!
Old 17th May 2006, 01:31   #73
ECM
BHPian

Dear Buffetfan,
Nice to see how they helped you.BTW are you in stocks?Like me?great!Now comming to main point.MUL replaced my tyres when car was in 8th month's of warranty!!!!See their motto of helping and I challenge no other company will do this in India.I also request all to visit any zonal head office of MUL and dont surprise to see a man handing over you a glass of water and in next scene you will see him as a head of the branch,I have seen it so telling this.They are fully devoted,no biased views from me but its their custormer who speak for their products/services,what else one leading car company wants!!??
Old 17th May 2006, 01:43   #74
BHPian

Lancer rocks.....But Chevy Aveo is coming up as a good car.
Ford Fiesta is quite a feast to drive. I can see and feel that they have made the car keeping India in mind.

Although you folks might think that I am biased towards Lancer. I cant help it cos i have spent quite a good amount of time with that car.

For the ones who are planning on something new and fresh.
Aveo would be a good deal.
It has got the right mix of looks and performance.

Fiesta is a pleasure to drive on INDIAN roads.
Old 17th May 2006, 02:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

While looking at Fiesta I somehow felt that its the same IKON platform. Am I right?

A bias towards the lancer by its owners is becuase they have driven and experienced the car.

It is as good a buy as the Baleno today and Invecs rules.

But with fiesta Ford just struck the iron while it was hot.
Closed Thread