Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Given a choice which of these would you choose?
Honda Amaze Petrol MT 60 11.17%
Swift Dzire Petrol MT 30 5.59%
Honda Amaze Diesel MT 285 53.07%
Swift Dzire Diesel MT 74 13.78%
Honda Amaze Petrol AT 70 13.04%
Swift Dzire Petrol AT 17 3.17%
None of these something else 85 15.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5th March 2014, 15:38   #106
BHPian

Default re: Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Xcent

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
However still have a preference for the national diesel DDiS over the Amaze iDTEC in terms of refinement and punch.
Having driven the National Diesel (Vista QJD) for more than 75,000 kms and currently driving the i-DTEC for about 7,000 kms, I fell the i-DTEC is equally competent (if not higher) on the Highway as the MJD engine.

I surely miss the 'punch' feeling at times, when I used to get the 'turbo-kick' in MJD @ 1800 rpm, but the i-DTEC is a beauty in itself on highway. Agreed that the refinement is not upto MJD levels.

It's equally fun to drive on a highway, while it may not be revv-happy, it will do its duty just fine on the long drives. And the amazing FE is icing on the cake
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 14:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

D Zire for me.

Having driven the Amaze over long distances, I am not really convinced on its highway capabilities and somehow it didnt feel " Honda".

D Zire because of the following:

- Much better A.S.S support
- The interiors are eons ahead of the basic Amaze interiors.
- The feature list is exhaustive and far more appealing as compared to Amaze.
- The engine felt more refined than the iDtec.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 15:45   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

To compete with D'Zire, the Amaze needs 3 things immediately:

1. Better interiors
2. Improved NVH levels
3. Better front: distinguishing it from a Brio. Agreed that the D'zire looks identical to the Swift from front too, just like Amaze & Brio, but let's agree that Brio is not a looker anyway.

Give these 3 things to Amaze and I see no reason why it should not give a tough competition to the D'zire. I have purposely not added the ASC point in the list because it is not practical (and fair too) to expect Honda to have a network like Maruti overnight.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 6th March 2014 at 15:47.
saket77 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 16:16   #109
BHPian

Cannot agree more to it. I guess if Honda takes care of NVH and jazzing up the interiors (which I don't think will happen anytime soon), then it should give tough competition in the segment. Looking at near term, once Hyundai Xcent and Tata Zest are in market, then it will be very difficult for Honda to maintain the Amaze numbers.
AmazeGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 01:03   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree with above posts.

Also, I believe Honda should price it realistically now. Brio VX AT is 5.99L Delhi, while Amaze VX AT is 7.55L. More than 1.5L just for a boot without any significant feature addition is greedy positioning from Honda.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 08:12   #111
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Swift Dzire petrol AT

- The first choice I had to make was between the Amaze and the Dzire. The Dzire trumps the Amaze on all counts. Its a bigger car, looks better and sells more than the Amaze which means there are more People who think on the same wave-length as myself
- Once the Dzire was finalised, I had to choose the variant. Though the diesel is the best seller, I went for the Automatic because when I am paying a 7 year car loan and plan to keen the car till the loan is cleared, what the situation would be in those 7 years has to be envisioned, hence I though the Automatic would make a better case for itself considering the facts that the Diesel petrol price gap would narrow down further and the Automatic would make more sense in traffic jam situations
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 08:43   #112
BHPian

Voted, for someone else.

I recently had to look for an entry level sedan for my parents and considered both of these. Amaze of the two impressed me more in terms of space and driving dynamics.

Then drove the Ford Fiesta Classic and instantly was smitten. Booked it on the spot.
And it being available at an unbelievable price point helped too.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 11:34   #113

Thumbs up re: Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Xcent

Dzire Diesel, it is for me.

Fiat Multijet engine is a gem!! Hats off to Fiat for the engine and Suzuki to tweak its chassis and gearing to get the best out of the engine.
heartonwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 16:57   #114
BHPian

Now that we have Xcent from Hyundai i feel the Petrol 1.2 M version is also something worth considering here for the poll. The diesel may be bit underpowered compared to Dezire and Amaze though. Hyundai has the right elements to stay in this competetion IMO.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 17:31   #115
BHPian

I think we should add the Xcent and Zest to the list. Zest addition can wait but Xcent for sure. Also would make sense to reset the Poll counter.
2000rpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:20   #116
BHPian

Recently I had bought an Amaze S (Diesel).
I had also looked into the Swift, Dzire and Ford Classic.

Why I choose the Amaze was mainly because of the space, the Honda badge and the overall fit and finish. If Space was not a constraint for me, I would have chosen the Swift VDi. The marginally bigger boot of the Dzire doesnt warrent the premium over the Swift.
My dad drives a 2011 Ford Fiesta (Classic) ZXi. The interior trims are lovely. Same cannot be said of the new models, the color, texture everything. So that was also a no-no. Once I had seen the Amaze interiors and the brilliance of the packaging, I was completely sold off.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 10:59   #117
BHPian

Guys , how safe is Amaze D S (w/o Airbag) or SX (airbag) ? as compare to other cars be it hatchback or compact sedan . I heard Honda has used very thin sheet as compare to Swift , Figo, manza ..so on ... is it true?

Can we get a valid info of the sheet being used on various B segment cars.

Lastly ... is it have any relevance with overall safety of car ?
thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 21:48   #118

Default Sunny/Dzire/Xcent or Amaze - Which diesel to buy?

Hi guys.. I am a silent reader on Teambhp and currently on the look out for a diesel sedan under sub 8/9 lakhs. Currently I own an Ikon(petrol), alto(petrol) and an accent(cng) and would like to replace the ikon and alto with a hassle free, low maintenance, high mileage diesel workhorse. My daily running is around 70kms minimum and I am sick of waiting in line for CNG every 4th day.

My criteria for the car is as follows:
1) Mileage - an important factor to be considered
2) Boot space - 650kms trip one every month will be a necessity.
3) Safety - airbags a must, sturdy body, handling on highways.
3) Leg room/cabin space - Me and dad are 6ft and little on the plus side.
4) Low maintenance - I do not have the time to visit service centers frequently as I work 6 days a week. Also would prefer a balance between cheaper spares and their quality. Would also like to know approximately how much would each service cost from the present owners.
5) Lower NVH - cant put this as compulsory but would be an added bonus.

I have the below cars in mind considering my budget and above mentioned criteria.
1) Maruti Dzire
2) Nissan Sunny (new model)
3) Honda Amaze
4) Hyundai Xcent (new model)

I have taken a test drive of the amaze and though its a check for roomy cabin, the NVH is off the roof. The sales guy told me that its a 2012/13 model and the newer ones have less NVH and would call me back once they receive the new demo car. The dashboard was boring and plain and over all I was just ...bored. however I have kept it as an option due to its company claimed figure of 25kmpl and boot space. Although I have heard that it wont cross 140kmph on the highway which makes it the least preferred car to me.

The Dzire has the least boot space and this along with the cramped rear space seems to be the only factors resisting me to go ahead and book the car.

I am yet to take a test drive of the new accent and sunny and would be doing so the next Sunday. However I read that there are a whole lot of features in the accent but its very under powered. The sunny looks weird but very spacious. However have no info regarding the A.S.S and cost of spare parts/maintenance.

Can you guys just help me which of the above would be ideal for a daily run of 80kms/mileage/spacious interiors/boot space/less burden on pockets and last but not the least, lower NVH. Thanks in advance.

PS: am not considering FIAT or VW as spare parts are cost an arm and a leg. No TATA also as all service centers in Hyderabad are pathetic.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th July 2014 at 07:26. Reason: Changed Accent to Xcent
Thejus_y393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 22:14   #119
BHPian

I own both the cars , dzire vdi and amaze vxmt idtec , amaze is more spacious , better quality interiors , definitely more leg room all round and surely better average (20-25) kmpl . Dzire has better looking interiors , better dash , better nvh , generally cheaper service .
anky is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 22:17   #120

Default re: Sunny/Dzire/Xcent or Amaze - Which diesel to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I own both the cars , dzire vdi and amaze vxmt idtec , amaze is more spacious , better quality interiors , definitely more leg room all round and surely better average (20-25) kmpl . Dzire has better looking interiors , better dash , better nvh , generally cheaper service .
Thanks fo replying. How is the noise level in Dzire when compared to Amaze? and is it true that top end of Amaze is limited to 140kmph?
Thejus_y393 is offline   Reply With Quote