Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 28th May 2013, 22:04   #46
Default Re: Ford Classic vs Honda Amaze (Petrol)

The Fiesta classic is a perfect car here in my opinion. Though its a bit old now, it still has that nice sporty feeling to it and also one of the smart looking cars in its segment. Its a great handler too. The 1.6 litre motor is just mind blowing!. High speed confidence and handling is Ford's playground. The stiffer suspension helps the car hold its line into the corners but not at the cost of ride quality. The steering feels direct and respond right to the input. So, if power and handling are the main criteria, the Fiest Classic is a good option according to me.
GreyAsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 01:52   #47

Just bumping up this thread.

What did you end you end up with.

Case in point, i currently have a 2006 fiesta - albeit 1.4 duratec petrol - they don't make them anymore. Spares are becoming a problem and age factor is setting in - plastics, hoses (metal) . Have been thinking of replacing it. There is a deal going on 2012 classic with a 1L discount.

Discounts seem to be aplenty at ford. someone i know haggled off 90K on a new figo Zxi diesel. Consequently with a 2012 classic model i guess it may be possible to get a more sweeter deal.

Am tempted my existing car has only 50K clicks on it, so not sure what would be the best thing to do.
cyberwhizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 02:33   #48
Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Fiesta 1.6 is the right choice. Bargain and you will get a discount considering that the petrol has a untrue reputation of being expensive to maintain etc (not true at all).

What you save after bargaining, drop in a air filter, and feel the power of a proper 1.6 engine (after advised running in). Accelerator/throttle input is very sharp in this engine, and the filter will also add to your economy.
Hi.I always thought that the air filters like the K & N kinds always decrease the efficiency ?
Also, what realistic city fuel efficiency are you getting?
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 11:17   #49
Cool Re: Ford Classic vs Honda Amaze (Petrol)

The last Classic out of the Production Line!!..
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Classic vs Honda Amaze (Petrol)-dsc_0051.jpg  

Starscream1188 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 16:36   #50

Originally Posted by Nalin Kumar View Post
I own a Fiesta SXI (pre-Classic, one of the last units I was fortunate to get). Its a diesel, and mostly driven in Kerala and Karnataka. Though your consideration is a petrol and the Classic version, which I have not driven, I thought I will share my experience with Fiesta. I have also not driven the Amaze. So, you may take it with some add on!
  1. The ride and handling of the Fiesta is amazing. This is the drivers car! My car has seen the best and worst of all roads. So, be it on the expressways, broken tarmacs in rural areas or forests, it handles very well. Only the Fiats would outshine in the ride and handling department.
  2. I would also add the Bangalore experience, the city notorious for monstrous speedbreakers. Though the Fiesta's GC of 168 mm may sound inadequate, the instances of bellyscrape have been very rare. It scraped when I had 5 adults on board with boot full of luggage. This makes the Fiesta more practical compared to Amaze which has a lower clearance and softer set up.
  3. The Classic has some cost cutting, may be on features and not in the design. Its a proper sedan and it is difficult to spot a flimsy panel.
  4. Of course, the looks are subjective. The Amaze is very young and would not age in hurry. The Classic, I feel, doesnt look so dated either. Both Amaze and Fiesta have the reputation of keeping form and functionality together - sedans with good all-round visibility which is a boon in city traffic (I can vouch for the Fiesta on this, you may check out the Amaze).
Thank you Nalin. Your post brought a joyful smile on my face and a lot of confidence since I am planning to buy a ford fiesta SXI ABS from my colleague. I have some doubts about my decision even though my heart longing for fiesta. Thank you dear brother. Now I think I can go for it.
Jeevan Sukumar is offline   Reply With Quote