Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 21st June 2006, 06:56   #16
BHPian

5 alloy wheels + goodyear tyres costed me 24 k from maruthi dealers........
keyless entry 5k
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 09:54   #17
BHPian

I seriously recommend going for the Baleno Vxi if you can stretch it. The discounts are better, and the extras as really worth ever paisa, plus you don't have the agro of assorted mechanics opening up your new car to install the alarms, the stereo, the antenna, etc. I am ever so happy with my choice, only regret is that I do not get to drive it enough, given my work schedule.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 10:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul88
Hi friends,
1) I am plannin to buy a new baleno Lxi. Can anybody guide me with the deals available with dealers in Delhi as i am from chgd but shifted to delhi recently.
2) how much would the alloys and 14" 185/65 tyres would cost.
3) Another thing how abt the maintenance costs of Baleno coz i drive around 50kms a day and a trip to chgd once in 3 months and some more highway driving.
plz provide your valuable sugestions. Rahul
@Rahul, regarding your query#1, naveendhyani or some other delhi tbhp-ian might be able to help you. The key word with buying a Baleno is "bargain". Squeeze the maximum out of the dealer. If you don't feel comfy bargaining, take someone along who can. Convert any freebies like teflon coating etc to cash and try to bring down the price as much as possible.

Reg. query#2, I guess @premdiv has answered it already and since I run with stock tyres, I have no clue about the alloy/wider tyre prices.

Reg, query#3, with 50kms a day, you are almost into diesel territory. I am not a diesel fan, but from what I read here, with that kind of usage, people recommend a diesel. Why not look at some diesel options too? 50km/day means around 4 litres of petrol a day (my Baleno gives 12kmpl with AC in city). If this is OK with you and you don't want the hassles of a diesel, then fine.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 13:27   #19

thanks for the reply.
i dont want to buy a diesel car as am definately gona keep this car for abt 5yrs so dont want any hassles for maintenance after 2 yrs of purchase.

another thing aveo and ford fiesta seems to be a good option option considering the price bracket, but i doubt about the maintenance part aveo and fiesta.
rahul88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 14:13   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i dont want to buy a diesel car as am definately gona keep this car for abt 5yrs so dont want any hassles for maintenance after 2 yrs of purchase.
Then diesel is ruled out. With most petrol cars, the 1st five years (and even more) are relatively trouble-free. Can't say the same for most diesels.

Quote:
another thing aveo and ford fiesta seems to be a good option option considering the price bracket, but i doubt about the maintenance part aveo and fiesta.
The Aveo and Fiesta are also good options for you. Both are new cars, have fresh looks. But then the downside to getting a new car is that you do not have much history to look into as far as maintenance costs are concerned. Check out auto-magazines which do surveys on spares/maintenance costs and you should get an idea. Regarding FE, don't trust the sales guy - ask actual owners for their feedback. There are quite some Aveo/Fiesta owners on the forum also.
Old 21st June 2006, 17:59   #21
BHPian

IMHO aveo looks pathetic. fiesta is ok looking plus the diesel average has made other cars run for their money. but in the end its a ford & its gonna cost u good on ur pocket everytime it goes 2 the service or garage.
naveendhyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 18:44   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO both look pathetic. But then that is my opinion and others could beg to differ. The Baleno which was the ugly duckling among the OHC/Lancer/Astra crowd seems to be the looker today when compared to the new entrants. :-)
Old 21st June 2006, 19:24   #23

Dear rahul,
the maruti dealers in delhi usually offer around 55-60 thousand discount on baleno--but if u can bargain----u can get upto 10-15 thousand more.the 14'' inch alloy will cost u around 17-18 thousand --if u exchange with ur company fitted tyres.the maintainance of maruti vehicles is comparatively less thn other manufactures---some spare parts are costly--but overall it is ok.

regards
friends.
friends9811 is offline   Reply With Quote