Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 31st May 2006, 11:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

i have a cvt 3 months old and close to 3500 kms done now. works really really nice. suspension i dont care about much i guess so. one tank fully filled goes a little above 400 kms i make it a point to fill it up becuase i get scared if it may run out of fuel. no issues with the delivery. mine was gold in colour and delivered in 7 days time flat. other colours were on 2 months wait. and this time it was dads choice colour and he wanted it bad. so all went good. id really reckon the cvt only for its transmission really good fun to drive for sure in the city.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2006, 11:48   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I did look at that link, but it lists only 3 models "NHC ZX GXi, ZX Vtec and ZX CVT". Aren't there 2 more models of NHC, which are priced lower than these models ?
supremeBaleno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2006, 11:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I did look at that link, but it lists only 3 models "NHC ZX GXi, ZX Vtec and ZX CVT". Aren't there 2 more models of NHC, which are priced lower than these models ?
There are a total of four variants of City ZX. The remaining one is City ZX EXi (base version).
yeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2006, 12:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis
There are a total of four variants of City ZX. The remaining one is City ZX EXi (base version).
Before Honda introduced the ZX models (which are slightly longer and somewhat better looking), there was the initial NHC. Are those not available anymore ? Is it that only the 4 ZX variants are available today ?
Also, that carwale link mentions the seating capacity of VTEC model to the 4, while for the other models it is 5. Must be a typo, right ?
Old 31st May 2006, 12:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Before Honda introduced the ZX models (which are slightly longer and somewhat better looking), there was the initial NHC. Are those not available anymore ? Is it that only the 4 ZX variants are available today ?
Also, that carwale link mentions the seating capacity of VTEC model to the 4, while for the other models it is 5. Must be a typo, right ?
SupremeBaleno, you seem to be somewhat unware of the world. The City you are talking about was discontinued in 2003 when Honda introduced, Z-shape (or Dolphin-shape?) City. OHC was presented in total 7 varints i.e. 1.3 DX, 1.3 LXi, 1.3 EXi, 1.5 EXi, 1.5 EXi AT, 1.5 EXi-S and 1.5 VTEC. The NHC was launched in 4 variants i.e. 1.5 EXi, 1.5 GXi, 1.5 GXi CVT and 1.5 VTEC. Now this is third Honda City in India with these 4 versions.

VTEC is 5-seater, not 4, that must a typo.
Old 31st May 2006, 13:04   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis
SupremeBaleno, you seem to be somewhat unware of the world. The City you are talking about was discontinued in 2003 when Honda introduced, Z-shape (or Dolphin-shape?) City. OHC was presented in total 7 varints i.e. 1.3 DX, 1.3 LXi, 1.3 EXi, 1.5 EXi, 1.5 EXi AT, 1.5 EXi-S and 1.5 VTEC. The NHC was launched in 4 variants i.e. 1.5 EXi, 1.5 GXi, 1.5 GXi CVT and 1.5 VTEC. Now this is third Honda City in India with these 4 versions.
@yeis, when you say discontinued in 2003, you are mentioning the OHC, right ? I am aware of that. But I was not aware that the 1st version of the NHC was discontinued and replaced by the ZX versions. Thanks for the info, man.
Old 31st May 2006, 15:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
@yeis, when you say discontinued in 2003, you are mentioning the OHC, right ? I am aware of that. But I was not aware that the 1st version of the NHC was discontinued and replaced by the ZX versions. Thanks for the info, man.
Oh! I thought you were refering to OHC by saying slighly longer and good looking. Actually, I find the ZX better than the previous City.
Old 1st June 2006, 14:50   #23
BHPian

As anirban said, only realistic negative CVT has a little stiff suspension. Power is sufficient, all the time in the city, 95% of the time on the highway. Will give 11-12 kmpl in the city. Why? You'd like the automatic so much, you retire to in-cabin enjoyments like music, chatter and phone - than push the gas pedal hard

There is no better city car right now. Period. Not even Baleno. Even though it has better suspensions, little more power. And I have both.
cutthecords is offline   Reply With Quote